• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jordan Veretout

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser

FFS, this is so frustrating man every player we're linked with wants CL. It's like being interested in a girl, there's some chemistry there but then she says that she wants a man with a **** bigger than 4 inches as the minimum requirement. :(
That's it? I'm getting my hopes up regarding my chances at prawn.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I knew we’d be taking a step down from Ramsey, but I never thought we’d be shopping in Aldi.

The great thing about Aldi is that their products are of similar (or sometimes better) quality as the name brands, but at bargain prices. Arsenal could use some Aldi shopping.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
The great thing about Aldi is that their products are of similar (or sometimes better) quality as the name brands, but at bargain prices. Arsenal could use some Aldi shopping.
Yeh I’d say shopping Asda or Tesco would be the worst :lol:. Just lower rate players, what we did when we signed people like Asano Sanogo and Elneny.

Aldi is defo a smart place to shop, the unfortunate thing is our rivals like City and Liverpool are shopping at M&S and Waitrose hahaha

GDeep™

League is very weak
Doesn’t matter where you shop as long as you spend smart. Alexis Claude Maurice is an Aldi signing but he looks exciting.

You just worry we might get some 25/26 year old plodders, big fear.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
This one seems unlikely, but for those who wish to know more about him, CalcioMercato put together a piece about how he would fit with the Gunners. Here's part of it:

First and foremost, Veretout is an accomplished passer of the ball. The Frenchman made an average of 55 passes per game last season for the Viola; the highest average of the entire squad. Additionally, the Frenchman completed the most long balls on average per game for any of the club's outfield players - showing how instrumental he is to the transition of play from defence to attack.

With Arsenal losing Welsh midfielder Aaron Ramsey on a free transfer to Juventus, the Gunners are left with a void for an accomplished passer in midfield who can help ease that transition from defence to attack. The 26-year-old played an average of 2.3 key passes per game, according to WhoScored, once again topping Fiorentina's charts in that regard.

Veretout was deployed at a number of different positions for Fiorentina this season; able to fill in as a makeshift defensive midfielder and even playing out on the left wing for match. With five goals and three assists in the 2018/19 season, Veretout's primary statistics do not reflect his importance; with the Frenchman more inclined to help benefit the team rather than playing selfishly and boosting his numbers.

Where Veretout matches quite well with Arsenal's existing midfield is in terms of his discipline. The Frenchman is not afraid to get stuck in and is not afraid to pick up a yellow card if called upon. Guendouzi, Torreira and Xhaka already love pressing hard against Arsenal's opponents and Veretout will fit right in in this regard.

It is worth noting that Veretout managed to equal Federico Chiesa's assist tally and scored just one less goal - impressive considering the Italian starlet's advanced position and high valuation amid Juventus and Inter Milan rumours. Veretout was one of Fiorentina's most important players this season and is deserving of interest from bigger clubs. Napoli were thought to be very close to securing his signature but Arsenal's reported eleventh hour bid could prove enough to help the Gunners gain an edge.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Yeh I’d say shopping Asda or Tesco would be the worst :lol:. Just lower rate players, what we did when we signed people like Asano Sanogo and Elneny.

Aldi is defo a smart place to shop, the unfortunate thing is our rivals like City and Liverpool are shopping at M&S and Waitrose hahaha

Liverpool has done it's fair share of Aldi shopping. Andy Robertson didn't exactly come from The Fresh Market.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Why do people keep bringing up Liverpool? Milner and Robertson aside, all their players have been big money. Jordan Henderson was nearly 20M in 2011, that was big at the time.

Wijnaldum was nearly 25M, that will probably be our record fee this summer, but for them it just supplemented the big transfers.

Liverpool have one of the most expensive teams in Europe.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Lucas - Kessie - Veretout looks a pretty solid midfield... Stick some pace outwide & starting to look a balanced team.

Better links today.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Who’s the passer? Torreira and Kessie are very limited on the ball. I don’t know nothing about Veretout.

It's a common theme with most peoples wishes for our midfield next season. Basically having a bunch of defensive minded/box-to-box midfielders in midfield without anyone for the build up in terms passing, spreading the play and breaking the lines.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Who’s the passer? Torreira and Kessie are very limited on the ball. I don’t know nothing about Veretout.
Both solid passers but not more. The one stat that stands out is chance creation though...

Chances created per game 18/19 -
Veretout - 3.33
Kessi - 1.81
Xhaka - 1.36
Praet - 1.5

Add either Özil / #10 with the duo up top or width more than enough.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
20M for Clyne, 30M for Lallana, 40M for Ox, 50-60M for Keita etc, these are just squad players.

Yet you just here about the 8M for Robertson.
Robertson was highly regarded as well. I wanted us to sign him. Thats high enough regard.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Why do people keep bringing up Liverpool? Milner and Robertson aside, all their players have been big money. Jordan Henderson was nearly 20M in 2011, that was big at the time.

Wijnaldum was nearly 25M, that will probably be our record fee this summer, but for them it just supplemented the big transfers.

Liverpool have one of the most expensive teams in Europe.

You're missing the point. It's not about how much they paid. It's about being smart. Liverpool got Robertson from Hull, Henderson from Sunderland, Wijnaldum from Newcastle, Lallana and Mane from Southampton, Joe Gomez from Charlton and Shaqiri from Stoke City. None of these were the sort of signings that would satisfy some Arsenal fans, yet all became important contributors to Liverpool's success (a couple became stars).

Yes, Liverpool has one of the most expensive teams in Europe. So does Arsenal. In fact, over the past three years -- or five, take your pick -- Arsenal's net spend has been bigger than Liverpool's. But Liverpool has been smarter. They haven't had the resources to just throw big money at every position as City does. Neither does Arsenal. So Liverpool is the club that Arsenal needs to emulate. They can't emulate City and just buy the most expensive players available.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

From the profile I linked above:

First and foremost, Veretout is an accomplished passer of the ball. The Frenchman made an average of 55 passes per game last season for the Viola; the highest average of the entire squad. Additionally, the Frenchman completed the most long balls on average per game for any of the club's outfield players - showing how instrumental he is to the transition of play from defence to attack.

So I guess it would be Veretout.

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom