• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jorginho

Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

imagine going deep to this BS rumor Chelsea would ask 35-40M to sell him a player that have similar ability to most of our midfield. don't believe anything you read skysport say that and haven't backed up by any decent journalist out there.

Says the guy who started the thread. Yousif trolling. :)

But yeah I agree, and find it very weird how many even consider this as a logical possibility. It makes no sense currently.

If we sell Xhaka, then it makes sense.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

AM's obsession with quick, powerhouse CMs is absurd.
Almost all of the topclass CMs are usually on the slower side.
Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, Pirlo, Xabi, Santi, Zidane, Busquets, Scholes, Carrick, Gerrard, Arteta and many more.
Vieira is the exception not the rule.

Absolutely world class posting. Tho more in terms of Aouar than Jorginho.

Elite Smarts

Gouendizi 🤦‍♂️
Xhaka and Jorginho midfield it is...

snail-and-turtle.gif
Lmao fantastic meme.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Says the guy who started the thread. Yousif trolling. :)

But yeah I agree, and find it very weird how many even consider this as a logical possibility. It makes no sense currently.

If we sell Xhaka, then it makes sense.
Lol i swear it wasn't me it's AG. i only make threads when links are serious enough ;)

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Absolutely world class posting. Tho more in terms of Aouar than Jorginho.

Many of those players weren't "slow" until later years. :lol: They had okay speed, and especially some had good acceleration.

I'd say Xabi, Busquets, Pirlo, Carrick & Arteta were slow.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
AM's obsession with quick, powerhouse CMs is absurd.
Almost all of the topclass CMs are usually on the slower side.
Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, Pirlo, Xabi, Santi, Zidane, Busquets, Scholes, Carrick, Gerrard, Arteta and many more.
Vieira is the exception not the rule.

The last 4 teams to have won the Premier league all have had an athletic ball winning midfielder. Liverpool-Fabinho, City- Fernandinho, Chelsea and Leicester-Kante.

Furthermore, the last 3 Champions league winners have all athletic players in midfield- Goretzka(albeit more box to box), Fabinho and Casimero.

I think in the modern game it's crucial having this type of player that wins second balls and stops counters.

Kysus

The last 4 teams to have won the Premier league all have had an athletic ball winning midfielder. Liverpool-Fabinho, City- Fernandinho, Chelsea and Leicester-Kante.

Furthermore, the last 3 Champions league winners have all athletic players in midfield- Goretzka(albeit more box to box), Fabinho and Casimero.

I think in the modern game it's crucial having this type of player that wins second balls and stops counters.

Neither of them is a quick powerhouse...

Fernandinho is all about positioning, intelligence and passing, not dissimiliar to Xhaka and Fabinho who all can slot in at CB because they can read the game.

For AM Fabinho is a twig and Fernandinho and Kanta midgets.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Neither of them is a quick powerhouse...

Fernandinho is all about positioning, intelligence and passing, not dissimiliar to Xhaka and Fabinho who all can slot in at CB because they can read the game.

For AM Fabinho is a twig and Fernandinho and Kanta midgets.

Fine, but my point is the team needs a midfielder that is quick to the ball and win 50/50s. All the players I mentioned do these things. Obviously they have to be able to play football as well.

Token Yank

Wouldn't call Fabinho athletic. People can usually blow by him in transition but his positioning and reading of the game are top notch and he seems to know how to tactically foul without getting sent off.

Kysus

Fine, but my point is the team needs a midfielder that is quick to the ball and win 50/50s. All the players I mentioned do these things. Obviously they have to be able to play football as well.
You mentioned players that have similiar attributes to Xhaka(Kante exluded)

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You mentioned players that have similiar attributes to Xhaka(Kante exluded)

To be honest I do think Xhaka has improved a lot in that regard. Being a lot more compact when we don't have the ball has helped him. But I think in games where we need to be more expansive and commit more players forward, he still struggles to stop counters as there is more space to cover. Its why most of his best performances are in big games IMO.

I think Partey would improve us massively in that regard.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Wouldn't call Fabinho athletic. People can usually blow by him in transition but his positioning and reading of the game are top notch and he seems to know how to tactically foul without getting sent off.

He was excellent at CB against Chelsea.

senna

He was excellent at CB against Chelsea.

He was. But he didnt have any defending to do as Chelsea never left their half for most of the game.

Doubt he has the pace to play CB in a high line though he did often play RB for Monaco. Wouldnt mind if he played CB agianst us as would fancy Auba getting in behind easily and he's way more effective at DM.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
That you need a quick CM powerhouse to defend against counters is an AM myth.

The most dominant Barca team had a snail midfield of Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets.
Man City for many years dominanted without a quick DM to cover.

Defending against counters is all about pressing as an unit, positioning and intelligent fouling early.
Xhaka only has been found out in recent seasons because we did not function as a team and the caps were huge all over the pitch.
Those teams were actually defeated by counters. It the main tactic to win against them.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
So he's saying Aouar and Jorginho on loan? Or he thinks it'll be Aouar, but if it's not Aouar then it'll just be Jorginho on loan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Nobody has enough talent to live on talent alone. Even when you have talent, a life without work goes nowhere

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom