• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Jorginho

Would you rather

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ljonin

I don’t understand how Jorginho is supposed to cover Partey. He literally can’t play that role, lacks key attributes.

And people saying Arteta wants him that’s good enough, have you already forgot Willian?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I don’t understand how Jorginho is supposed to cover Partey. He literally can’t play that role, lacks key attributes.

And people saying Arteta wants him that’s good enough, have you already forgot Willian?
Willian is currently an important player for 7th place Fulham. And he is even older now.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I think we have overreacted a bit to this signing tbh because of who we're signing him from.

In an ideal world we'd have brought in a Caicedo or Rice for big money to challenge for a starting spot.
It didn't happen and that's annoying but we've essentially upgraded Elneny with Jorginho. It's decent.

It's an 18 month deal and I can't believe it would stop us going back in for Rice and Caicedo in the summer.

Boring transfer but will marginally help us this season. He's a decent character to have in the squad too, works hard, has won most things in the game. I can see Arteta valuing those traits as we're in a title race.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
A quality backup who's better than El Neny, imo. He's versatile, somewhat, and could start against some of these b*m sides in the PL who don't play with a midfield.
Defensively I don't know, I think Elneny is better shielding his defenders. Yes, he won't progress any ball but he won't lose a single pass where is dangerous. Jorginho lose a lot of balls in dangerous zones. So... I don't know, think we could do better and this is a panic buy being rationalized by fans.

drippin

I think we have overreacted a bit to this signing tbh because of who we're signing him from.

In an ideal world we'd have brought in a Caicedo or Rice for big money to challenge for a starting spot.
It didn't happen and that's annoying but we've essentially upgraded Elneny with Jorginho. It's decent.

It's an 18 month deal and I can't believe it would stop us going back in for Rice and Caicedo in the summer.

Boring transfer but will marginally help us this season. He's a decent character to have in the squad too, works hard, has won most things in the game. I can see Arteta valuing those traits as we're in a title race.
Why does it only marginally help this season?

Elneny is out for the season and Jorginho is a better player than him.

Jorginho vs. no one is a massive help.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
If this is an 18 month contract, I can grudgingly live with it especially if we win the title this season. On July 1st though, I want this fella transfer listed. This deal could possibly be more expensive than the Felix loan if we get it wrong :(
If Partey stays healthy then we have a chance, but if he doesn't then him and Xhaka is losing us the title because of no legs.

Kysus

It's obviously a very good signing.
EPL proven and fitting into the tactical plans of Arteta.

And yet we are left with a sour taste in our mouth?
Understandably as twice in one window instead of getting our (expensive) first choice target which might have elevated the club long-term we yet again had to scramble together last ditch measures to not leave ourselves completely ****ed.

Don't get me wrong, the way we transformed a totally ****ed up squad has been remarkable but come on, we are now a team players are desperate to join, we have the cash to spend big but still seem incapable of getting the big marquee signings done. Something is clearly going wrong somewhere.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
If Partey stays healthy then we have a chance, but if he doesn't then him and Xhaka is losing us the title because of no legs.
Agree but any title loss would be on Edu and Arteta. To be top at Christmas and doing this madness on deadline day indicates a lack of self belief, a possible lack of funds lol and poor planning. I've been critical of Xhaka but there's mo way I'll lay the blame at his door unless he personally mucks up.

drippin

Don't get me wrong, the way we transformed a totally ****ed up squad has been remarkable but come on, we are now a team players are desperate to join, we have the cash to spend big but still seem incapable of getting the big marquee signings done. Something is clearly going wrong somewhere.
What's going "wrong" is that Arsenal doesn't overpay easily, like it almost never has. It's in the history of the club for anyone to see.

So there's nothing going wrong. It's business as usual, and part of why I support this club.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Why does it only marginally help this season?

Elneny is out for the season and Jorginho is a better player than him.

Jorginho vs. no one is a massive help.

Because he's not going to be a regular starter.

I agree he's better than Elneny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal

Latest posts

Top Bottom