• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

José Mourinho: See Mou Later

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Looks 10 years younger already.

9f8b0b4a-6c2a-47f5-a225-248f442ff534.jpg

Reuters
He wanted out so badly. Thanks for prolonging the United banter era.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I don’t think his style is outdated as some of the media pundits have suggested. There are many ways to play football. I don’t like his style but it can be effective.

What’s changed is his impulse to throw players under a bus at the first sign of trouble. Division instead of unity, blame instead of encouragement, disunity instead of harmony.

The writing was on the wall at Chelsea, can’t understand why the United board couldn’t see that. Suspect he’s finished now as far as top jobs are concerned. It would be a foolish board to repeat this mistake, a lower league side perhaps.
I have to agree his style isn't out dated as people seem to suggest. I think Mourinho is best suited to a team just below the top where there may be less egos and players are more content sacrificing something for the overall benefit. Inter is the prime example. A good historical team but clearly below other top European teams. Whoever they played they'd be the underdog. Even his first stint at Chelsea they weren't a major force and what they achieved was outside the norm for their history.

He will go back to Inter and make them a success because the fans and players will be willing to accept his methods.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
If Juve fail to win the CL league this year cant see him not ending up there.

They have the defensive structure, the Mendes connection & are absolutely desperate to win it.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
If Juve fail to win the CL league this year cant see him not ending up there.

They have the defensive structure, the Mendes connection & are absolutely desperate to win it.

Juve is reserved for Zidane. He’ll go to Italy somewhere, Inter seems an obvious choice but I’m not sure the’re prepared or even able to back him up financially.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Juve is reserved for Zidane. He’ll go to Italy somewhere, Inter seems an obvious choice but I’m not sure the’re prepared or even able to back him up financially.
Aren't Inter holding out for Simeone? Why go for Mourinho when you can have the better version of Mourinho? He may well end up back at Porto.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I have to agree his style isn't out dated as people seem to suggest. I think Mourinho is best suited to a team just below the top where there may be less egos and players are more content sacrificing something for the overall benefit. Inter is the prime example. A good historical team but clearly below other top European teams. Whoever they played they'd be the underdog. Even his first stint at Chelsea they weren't a major force and what they achieved was outside the norm for their history.

He will go back to Inter and make them a success because the fans and players will be willing to accept his methods.
I feel the same. For his methods to work, you need players who believe in him and willing to do the dirty work on field. Modern day players don't have that attitude. Though his methods are fine, he will find it hard to get players who would do that.

Batman

I feel the same. For his methods to work, you need players who believe in him and willing to do the dirty work on field. Modern day players don't have that attitude. Though his methods are fine, he will find it hard to get players who would do that.
Except that his methods clearly aren't fine. Name another manager who slags his players off in the press to the extent that Mourinho does. You can't. Modern players being soft and pampered is not Mourinho's problem. Mourinho's ego and mouth are Mourinho's problem. We have a team full of players that looked soft, pampered and allergic to work last year and nearly to a man they look better prepared and committed working under Emery, a demanding manager. It's not about playing draconian football either. Players will do that if it wins them things. Winning things gets you contract extensions and raises. It's about public disrespect of players. If Mourinho had talked about Roy Keane the way he's talked about Pogba he'd have had to fight him. So his methods aren't fine because the scapegoating and blame deflecting does not fly from any coach in any sport and hasn't for years.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
He wanted out so badly. Thanks for prolonging the United banter era.

MOURINHOOOOOOOOOO!

I swear you'll never see anything like this ever again. So watch it, drink it in.

They've just heard the news on A-M.

Two goals conceded to Liverpool in the second half have pushed the top 4 far away from Manchester United at got Jose the sack! Again.

Stupendous! The greatest moment I've seen in Premier League football.

Last edited:

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

He will take a sabbatical and eventually something will open up in England.

His family are here, kids study here etc. This is where he wants to be and some club will probably take the chance at some point. The Balotelli of managers.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Except that his methods clearly aren't fine. Name another manager who slags his players off in the press to the extent that Mourinho does. You can't. Modern players being soft and pampered is not Mourinho's problem. Mourinho's ego and mouth are Mourinho's problem. We have a team full of players that looked soft, pampered and allergic to work last year and nearly to a man they look better prepared and committed working under Emery, a demanding manager. It's not about playing draconian football either. Players will do that if it wins them things. Winning things gets you contract extensions and raises. It's about public disrespect of players. If Mourinho had talked about Roy Keane the way he's talked about Pogba he'd have had to fight him. So his methods aren't fine because the scapegoating and blame deflecting does not fly from any coach in any sport and hasn't for years.
Thats Pogba. Luke Shaw looks a much better player for Mourinhos comments. It's as much about the player their own and their own ego. That's why I think he is best suited to a tier 2 team and getting them to lunch above their weight.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He's grown on me the last few years, hope he gets another job at Inter or some team like that and can be successful again.

Would honestly still take him here if the opportunity did arise, tho of course if he wasn't happy with the backing he received at United he probably wouldn't be thrilled seeing what we'd give him.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
He will take a sabbatical and eventually something will open up in England.

His family are here, kids study here etc. This is where he wants to be and some club will probably take the chance at some point. The Balotelli of managers.
Which club though? All the top 6 are out of the question. Clubs like Everton, West Ham or Villa if they come back up might give him a try but will he be willing to go there?

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
He's grown on me the last few years, hope he gets another job at Inter or some team like that and can be successful again.Ab

Would honestly still take him here if the opportunity did arise, tho of course if he wasn't happy with the backing he received at United he probably wouldn't be thrilled seeing what we'd give him.
Mourinho coming here is probably the only thing in the world that could stop me following Arsenal. Would rather have Abu Bakr al Baghdadi in charge.

Batman

Thats Pogba. Luke Shaw looks a much better player for Mourinhos comments. It's as much about the player their own and their own ego. That's why I think he is best suited to a tier 2 team and getting them to lunch above their weight.
Luke Shaw is one player out of an entire squad. Pogba is one of numerous players who have stagnated playing under Mourinho. Also worth nothing that Pogba has not regressed at all for his country. He just showed in the World Cup exactly what kind of player he is in a stable environment with a ***** as manager. He's looked worse with a narcissist loon constantly trying to push his buttons. It's management 101 not just in football but in any business that you can't motivate all of your employees the same way. The job of a manager is to find a way to get the best out of each and every person under you by appealing to them as individuals. Luke Shaw looking a little bit less hopeless does not in any way exonerate Mourinho from doing the same thing he's done now 3 other times in slating players to try to mask his own shortcomings. It's amazing how Mourinho's warts are on display no matter which setting he finds himself in but Pogba's seem only to have emerged under Mourinho. Coincidence? I think not.

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould

Latest posts

Top Bottom