• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Júlio Baptista

Status
Not open for further replies.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Julio Baptistia is good for both plan A and plan B. Robinho in maybe more talented, but I would rather have Baptista. Imo Baptista is tactically very smart, he has 'matchsmartness' (knows all the tricks in and outside the book) too, but most of all he is strong in areas in which we could do with strengthening: he is a good header, both offensive and defensive, he is physically very strong and has a -over-my-dead-body-mentality.

Bring in the beast!

Unbeaten

From what I just saw from Robinho in the match against Argentinia, I'd rather have Baptista. Robinho is just too weak, he didn't manage much when Argentinia play physically against him. But it's hard to judge him from a couple of matches.

Football manager

I know Football Manager is not the best way to judge a player, but is ok as a guideline. Checking Baptista's stats, he seems a very good player. He is actually on par with Adriano, but Adriano is far better in the physical column. Also, Baptista's stats blow Drogba's out of the water, lol.

If these stats are anything to go by, we should definitely go for him!

asajoseph

Established Member
Re: Football manager

ashfaqrasul said:
I know Football Manager is not the best way to judge a player, but is ok as a guideline. Checking Baptista's stats, he seems a very good player. He is actually on par with Adriano, but Adriano is far better in the physical column. Also, Baptista's stats blow Drogba's out of the water, lol.

If these stats are anything to go by, we should definitely go for him!

Welcome to Arsenal-Mania - I have to warn you though, posts (even with disclaimers) that try to relate football management games to real life are frowned upon heavily here.

Anyway, stick around, enjoy the summer... There's plenty of action still to come :D

asajoseph

Established Member
Sol man said:
Yup but his grandfather or grandmother had a portugese passport. But what about Gilberto??

As I mentioned before in the Hleb thread, quite a few of our players (including Hleb) don't come up to Home Office work permit criteria (75% of internationals in the last 2 years, for a country that ranks 70 or higher on average over the last 2 years). If this happens, the work permit application can be reviewed at a single hearing (which can only be had once per season, per player) whose mandate is

The panel's terms of reference are to consider whether the player is of the highest calibre and able to contribute significantly to the development of the game at the top level in UK.

If it's not a problem to prove that Hleb matches these criteria, it won't be a problem for Baptista either.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
asajoseph said:
Sol man said:
Yup but his grandfather or grandmother had a portugese passport. But what about Gilberto??

As I mentioned before in the Hleb thread, quite a few of our players (including Hleb) don't come up to Home Office work permit criteria (75% of internationals in the last 2 years, for a country that ranks 70 or higher on average over the last 2 years). If this happens, the work permit application can be reviewed at a single hearing (which can only be had once per season, per player) whose mandate is

The panel's terms of reference are to consider whether the player is of the highest calibre and able to contribute significantly to the development of the game at the top level in UK.

If it's not a problem to prove that Hleb matches these criteria, it won't be a problem for Baptista either.
Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to know. So now we can sign him.

Chips&CurrySauce

Now Ramos is 1 player I would absolutely love to come to Arsenal.. He is the most gifed young defender i have seen in a very long time. This kid has got the lot!

lee1001

Established Member
Asterix said:
http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=287868&lid=10&cpid=23&title=Real+close+on+duo&channel=spain

If Madrid do get Ramos, would Sevilla be likely to sell Baptista as well in the same summer? You wouldn't think so, unless they get the right money and have enough time to find replacements.

Didn't Sevilla recently sign a Striker? Maybe as replacement for Baptista?

teitzo

Chips&CurrySauce said:
Now Ramos is 1 player I would absolutely love to come to Arsenal.. He is the most gifed young defender i have seen in a very long time. This kid has got the lot!

I remember we were close (atleast i think we were - don't hold me againts that) to signing Ramos last summer, weren't we? He was apparently being valued at around the same price as reyes was, or maybe a little less, but then he reached a certain amount of games or soemthing and his price went up over 15m. But i remember his personal manager and his father we calling on arsenal to sign him quickly. but we didn't want to fork out the cash.

As for someone saying that Ramos and Baptista won't both be sold - i don't know, ones a defender and ones a striker, Baptista wants to go, so what can they really do?

dsurg

AW should just complete my summer fantasies by signing Ramos, Baptista and Isaakson. We may just be able to afford all three.

siddharth

Sol man said:
I found this article today in AS but unfortunately it I dont speak spanish. It was posted today and it concerns our link with Baptista. Can someone please translate. Thanks.

http://www.as.com/articulo.html?d_date= ... hor=dasftb

From what i make out , it seems the same news that appeared a couple days back where Baptista says that he would like to play for Manure :x or Arsenal ;D and that he doesn't feel valued at seville.

A

Anonymous

dsurg said:
AW should just complete my summer fantasies by signing Ramos, Baptista and Isaakson. We may just be able to afford all three.

LoL ! Why Don't you say AW is you so you can complete it yourself ..

Marinello

Sol man said:
I found this article today in AS but unfortunately it I dont speak spanish. It was posted today and it concerns our link with Baptista. Can someone please translate. Thanks.

http://www.as.com/articulo.html?d_date= ... hor=dasftb

Translated by Babel Fish:

Although the renovation of Julio Baptist has since to speak and to write during all the season, the certain thing is that, to day of today, both parts could not be distanced more. Although at the beginning of year the amounts were decided and everything to point to sign itself, the duration of the contract is the main stumbling block and the one that the beginning of an intense relation between the soccer player and the club is causing. As much it is so his representative, Juan Figer, have decided to offer to the player to all those clubs able to undertake the dangerous mission to file Baptist. It already did it one week ago with the Arsenal and this same one has arisen the shade from Sir Alex Ferguson and the Manchester United. In England, many metropolitan newspapers open to their pages with the interest of the network devils by the Brazilian. Even, the own Web of the reflected English set in its cover the rumor on the Beast and the organization of Malcolm Glazer, showing the declarations of Baptist in the Daily Star: "I would like to play in the Manchester or the Arsenal. I do not feel valued in Seville and it would enchant to me to go to me to England ". To the thread of this, his agent in Spain, Herminio Menéndez, admits that "it seems normal to me that she does not feel valued in the club, since is of the soccer players who less cobra of the group". Under these circumstances, and considering that several players of weight of Seville count on substantial supplies, Julio raises steps to be first of the list. Kepa has supplies, but it counts for Juande The paper that is carrying out White Kepa in the Mediterranean Games of Almeria is calling the attention of those equipment that looks for the goal desperately. In addition, the fact that the at the most goleador season of group IV of Second B has finished already guaranteed the trajectory of the soccer player of the branch of Seville. Thus, the first one interested has been the Poli Ejido, that each season thorough remodela its group and makes a great number of draftees. The celestial club has asked price for Kepa, but in Seville they do not consider to give exit him in this market of summer. And it is that the problems in the advantage that the equipment accused the last season with Joaquin Caparrós in the bench want to be palliated this year with the goals of the canterano. Juande Branches has him decidedly and it will take to the concentration of Cartaya next the 8 to it of July. If finally Makukula or Carlitos leaves the club, the options of Kepa in the first equipment would ascend of considerable form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, June 4

Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow could be acquired for little over €10m [The Athletic]

Other clubs believe Arsenal are in position to sign Benjamin Šeško [The Athletic]

Arsenal are not expected to pursue their interest in Bruno Guimaraes due to his £100m asking price [The Athletic]

Martin Zubimendi and Joao Neves are under consideration as potential signings in midfield [The Athletic]

Arsenal want £30m to sell Emile Smith Rowe, with several Premier League clubs interested [TBR Football]

Arsenal & AC Milan have approached & probed the environment of Girona winger Viktor Tsygankov (26), who has a €30m release clause [Diarioas]

Latest posts

Top Bottom