• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Júlio Baptista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Alban

From the Arsenal world board

Wenger was just asked on french tv about arsenals transfers for the forthcoming season..

He more or less just stated that one of the two world class players was Baptista

[...]

"the ONE brazillian player he was intersted in had only played a subs role in the competition so far" This was after the commentator asked him (wenger)what brazillian players (if any) interested him..

AFCFan4Ever

Baptista is a great alternative to Robinho...I have a feeling that he is AW's backup plan if the Robinho bid fails. Would be just fine with me.

Paden

i would take Baptista rather than Robinho 7 days a week. We have some players that reminds of Robinho (Reyes, Quincy) but noone like Baptista. I wouldnt cry if we get Robinho though... a brazilian striker is always a good striker!

kel varnsen

Established Member
Dr. Alban said:

Wenger was just asked on french tv about arsenals transfers for the forthcoming season..

He more or less just stated that one of the two world class players was Baptista

[...]

"the ONE brazillian player he was intersted in had only played a subs role in the competition so far" This was after the commentator asked him (wenger)what brazillian players (if any) interested him..

it's edu i tell you! :D

Legend#1

Established Member
Baptista >> Robinho

I'd cum if we got either.. but i'd prefer Baptista and I think we'll get him.. he's exactly what we need and Wenger KNOWS this.. Robinho is a smokescreen.

AFCFan4Ever

Baptista is a great talent but to say he's better than Robinho is ridiculous...Robinho is an amazing talent and in the end which a chance to get either, that talent supercedes needs, Baptista isn't a need anyways..he's not even a striker. I'd be happy with either but the interest in Robinho is legit, Wenger wants him at Arsenal...it's obvious. If this was all just a smokescreen or he was using him to get Baptista than Baptista would already be an Arsenal player. I think it's safe to say that Wenger is going to try for Robinho and if it fails then he'll go after Baptista.

KingReyes

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
Dr. Alban said:

[...]

it's edu i tell you! :D

Or maybe Gilberto :p

Soler

Established Member
Asterix said:
Anyone know why he isn't in Brazil's Confederations Cup squad and his team mate Renato is? I'm not doubting his quality at all, and Ronaldinho, Robinho and Adriano are a tough lot to displace - just curious.

Try working out why Roque Junior starts ahead of Alex.

A

Anonymous

AFCFan4Ever said:
Baptista is a great talent but to say he's better than Robinho is ridiculous...Robinho is an amazing talent and in the end which a chance to get either, that talent supercedes needs, Baptista isn't a need anyways..he's not even a striker. I'd be happy with either but the interest in Robinho is legit, Wenger wants him at Arsenal...it's obvious. If this was all just a smokescreen or he was using him to get Baptista than Baptista would already be an Arsenal player. I think it's safe to say that Wenger is going to try for Robinho and if it fails then he'll go after Baptista.

Robinho is skillfull .. No doubts about that but Baptista has the finishing touch and physical appearance which Robinho does not .. I would go for Baptista ..

Haakon

AFCFan4Ever said:
I think it's safe to say that Wenger is going to try for Robinho and if it fails then he'll go after Baptista.

Your really not the sharpest knife, are you? How can you say that its safe to say that Wenger is going to go for Baptista, when there are barely any link between him and arsenal...

Stop making f***ing statements out from what you read on this forum. What you read here is pure speculation and very little of it revolves around actual facts...

There is a reason why this thread is only a couple of pages long compared to other transfere speculation threads, because there is VERY LITTLE LINKING US WITH HIM!!!! Just you and a few hopefull who are fueling the thread with wishfull thinking and rumourse created by t*ats like yourself...

AFCFan4Ever

Haakon said:
AFCFan4Ever said:
I think it's safe to say that Wenger is going to try for Robinho and if it fails then he'll go after Baptista.

Your really not the sharpest knife, are you? How can you say that its safe to say that Wenger is going to go for Baptista, when there are barely any link between him and arsenal...

Stop making f***ing statements out from what you read on this forum. What you read here is pure speculation and very little of it revolves around actual facts...

There is a reason why this thread is only a couple of pages long compared to other transfere speculation threads, because there is VERY LITTLE LINKING US WITH HIM!!!! Just you and a few hopefull who are fueling the thread with wishfull thinking and rumourse created by t*ats like yourself...

First of all you friggin' idiot, I'm not the only one making claims that Arsenal are interested in Baptista and he might come here so get your facts straight because you look stupid and secondly I'm not making this up, don't believe me?

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/lis ... tball_home
http://www.tribalfootball.com/june/span ... 80605.html
http://www.teamtalk.com/teamtalk/News/S ... 84,00.html

So much for "wishful thinking" and me "creating rumors". Nice try though troll...you can leave now. :roll:

asajoseph

Established Member
Hmmmm... Well, if Baptista is talking about being open to a move to Arsenal and Man U, that's a good thing I guess. Now all we have to do, is put in a proper bid for him.

Chances are though, we're way off completing any deal for him if he's still talking about how much he likes the Mancs. But we must not let them beat us to this signing. If he's moving, he should be coming here.

A

Anonymous

asajoseph said:
Hmmmm... Well, if Baptista is talking about being open to a move to Arsenal and Man U, that's a good thing I guess. Now all we have to do, is put in a proper bid for him.

Chances are though, we're way off completing any deal for him if he's still talking about how much he likes the Mancs. But we must not let them beat us to this signing. If he's moving, he should be coming here.

Agreed !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom