• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Júlio Baptista

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

He would be a great player which can play as midfield or striker .. also possess killer instinct .. He would be a great addition to the squad ..

asajoseph

Established Member
Have Barca not stated that they've made their signings for the summer, provided there is no 'special case', and, presumably, that nobody leaves? You've already signed Exquerro - where would Baptista fit into that setup?

black187

asajoseph said:
Have Barca not stated that they've made their signings for the summer, provided there is no 'special case', and, presumably, that nobody leaves? You've already signed Exquerro - where would Baptista fit into that setup?
Barcelona want Baptista in 2006/2007, by sport.es theye have allready made an agremant for that transfer, but in that paper also says Henry is set to go to Barca in 2006, so believe who you want :wink:

asajoseph

Established Member
No, it points out that Barca have stated that they will not sign anyone else unless it is in exceptional circumstances.

fanatik0

Well, Baptista or Henry... wouldn't be enough exceptional? They are great player... but if they aren't cheap, we won't sign anybody.

DB10

but if real get robinho, they will have too many non EU players,

they can only get one. Robinho or Baptista.

I for one think he will stay with seville though, but this does feel like a wenger signing.

he would be awesome and we will finally have someone who can head the ball!!!

_scorpion_

Established Member
He is a decent player but i have my doubts that we are in for him.

If we are offering Stutgartt 4.5 million pounds for Hleb, what on earth has you ready to believe that we will pay 15 million pounds for Baptista?

Dont get me wrong I would luv to see him at Arsenal ( I think Brazilians are fantastics talents and we should sign more of them).

Ratinho

Established Member
You offer the going rate. If you believe that an initial £4.5m is correct for a player, then that's what you bid. You negotiate from there, it's how business, and indeed transfers within football work. We are working uin a budget, so we can't just go and match every clubs own valuation of their players like Chelsea can.

Short memories form people, or was it a myth that we payed £10m~ upfront + future fees for Reyes?

GraPu

For the team, they are prefer to release someone at a medium-low' price rather than keep him unhappy for another season. Anyway, he already stated that he wants to move isn't he? So, i think we have a chance of 50% getting him to play for us (if AW really-really needs him.)

A

Anonymous

Then Now We Are Link with Tommasson(who I don't wants to see him in Arsenal jersey ) is Wenger so-called Experience Striker .. Moanzz .. I think Baptista will be a Much prefered player to join us .. But At The Moment Chances of signing Tommason is Higher Than Signing Baptista ..

I hope we don't get Tommasson. John Alosi would be better and he is free as well.

But seriously if we can't get Baptista, we should look into Zalayeta of Juventus

Lazyboy

Please lets not get tomasson! i've seen him at feyenoord before his milan days (i barely see the guy play there) and trust me this guy is a horror in front of goal, he does get chances and into good positions but he can't finish. Babtista is a clinical finisher, that is what we need.

A

Anonymous

Oh Gosh .. Now comes another striker (adebayor) linking a move to us ... Zzz .. Can We ever get a chance to sign Baptista !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I've never been a goalscorer. I've only owned goals. Good own goals.

Steve Bould

Latest posts

Top Bottom