• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Júlio Baptista

Status
Not open for further replies.

fanatik0

Well, first of all, hi all, I'm new in here!

I'm Spanish, a Barça's supporter, so sorry because of my English. Baptista would be great for Arsenal, he has all what an English team needs: he is very strong, he is fast, he scores a lot of goals per season, he is not bad passing the ball...but the best part of his game is that he is a finisher, if he and Henry play together they can both together score about 45 goals in Premier. He has been pretty impressive in just 2 years, arrived here as a defensive mid-fielder but in Sevilla the coach find ot that he was a great finisher, and here it is. 20 goals first season, 20 goals second season...
I prefer rather Baptista than Hleb, he is more a kind of Premier player, but i have to recognise that Hleb is great too. :wink:

BradySeven

Hi Fanatik, welcome to the board, do you think there is a chance that Seville will sell Batista and if so how much money do you think we would have to pay?

fanatik0

Of course there is a chance, because the player is not happy en Sevilla with his contract, and his prize would be lower if he claims in the FIFA for his contract (in England it doesn't exist, but here in the contract there is always a point that says that "paying X Euros, the contract is over" and you can deal with other teams) and in Baptista's contract this X is really high, and is sallary is not, so he can claim to FIFA because of this and then the X he has to pay for finishing his contract would be lower. Probably if this happens, Baptista would be about 12-15 M Euros (an incredible prize, everybody would want him). Right now, if the contract doesn't change, probably Arsenal would have to pay more than 25 M Euros. :evil:

fanatik0

You gotta have something in mind: SevillaFC is celebrating his 100th birthday, and it's not good stuff that, in your birthday, you sell your star.

AFCFan4Ever

Birthday or not, if the right figure comes floating into their office...he's gone. No one thought they were going to sell Reyes when they did, this is a similar instance IMO.

fanatik0

AFCFan4Ever said:
Birthday or not, if the right figure comes floating into their office...he's gone. No one thought they were going to sell Reyes when they did, this is a similar instance IMO.

Mmmm, I don't think so. The rival of Sevilla (Betis) has won this year the King's Cup (Copa del Rey), and both teams hate each other, so right now the situation of Sevilla's president is hard. If he sells Baptista, their supporters will get mad on him.

wer

Baptista will leave if his wage demands is not reach therefore we have a chance. :)

issey

can arsenal meet his wage demands ?? ..we let some of our players leave the club beacuse of the strict wage policy.. :?

asajoseph

Established Member
fanatik,

Welcome to the boards, splendid to have a Barca fan aboard who isn't a complete arsehole.

AFCfan,

Tribalfootball is not the most reliable news site - but it's not because of poor journalism. All of their 'news' is reported from other sources, like Skysports, Marca etc; none of it is exclusive to tribalfootball. They simply choose the most sensationalist stories from around the world the previous day, and re-report them. This means that dismissing it out of hand because it's tribalfootball isn't good enough - you have to go to the original source. In this case, the source isn't clear, so make of the report what you will.

fanatik0

asajoseph said:
fanatik,

Welcome to the boards, splendid to have a Barca fan aboard who isn't a complete arsehole.

Hahahahaha, nice to meet you, man!!

Baptista won't ask for a big salary, he just wants a fair one. 3ME would be fine. He's not gonna ask for 6ME like Galacticos do.

The triballfootball link you guys have posted is completely true: the 'president of SevillaFC said that, I saw it on TV.

black187

Julio Caesar Baptist will be blaugrana as of season 2006-07. Barcelona has reached an agreement with the Seville by which it will pay an amount very near the 20 million euros to become com the services of ' the Bestiá. The Catalan club has discarded the possibility that the next season is gotten up because has closed fitted of extracommunitarian with the presence of Mexican Rafael Márquez, the Brazilian Ronaldinho and the Cameroun Samuel Etóo.
It looks like Baptista will go to Barcelona.
Source: http://www.sport.es/default.asp?idpubli ... 4&h=050619

AFCFan4Ever

That's weird considering his agent said he wasn't negotiating with any Spanish clubs and wouldn't play for Barca or RM but would play abroad if he left Sevilla.

fanatik0

Obvioulsy Barça wats him, and Baptista doesn't have a preference between Arsenal, Barça or Madrid. He will go where he can get more money.
Anyway, Barça was the first team that tried to take him from Sevilla and Barça's squad is plenty of Brazilian player, what would make Baptista's decission easier.
I think that if he had to choose he would decide Barça, but if Arsenal gives him more money he will go to Arsenal.
Right now he cant' go to Barça because there are Marquez, Eto'o and Dinho, 3 foreigners. Oh!! And we don't have a lot of money, but I think there are about 15 MEuros for buying players this year.

AFCFan4Ever

"We are not negotiating a possible move to Real Madrid or Barcelona, as has been suggested.

"But we have been discussing a move abroad."

Direct quotes from his agent, either that paper is just stirring rumors up or he's lying.

fanatik0

AFCFan4Ever said:
"We are not negotiating a possible move to Real Madrid or Barcelona, as has been suggested.

"But we have been discussing a move abroad."

Direct quotes from his agent, either that paper is just stirring rumors up or he's lying.

We all know how Figger is, he is a leech. He just wants money and confusion. You better don't believe a word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results
Top Bottom