• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kai Havertz: No More Mr Nice Kai

Will Kai prove to be a Xhaka upgrade?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Replaced him to protect his value. Got it.
Renewed him to protect his value.
Yes. Good to replace him now because he is getting better and better. Protects his value.
What the..?
Trossard is our best finisher, so that makes sense to sell him.
He might not upgrade Trossard, and keep him as a rotational player. You missed the point.

Havertz is not going anywhere. He was bought after Trossard. Trossard is not ideal winger as he lacks pace, he lacks height for false 9, and hasn't shown yet he can play AMF well for Arteta. And he is soon 30 years old.

Do you understand?

drippin

havertz GIF by Bayer 04 Leverkusen

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Replaced him to protect his value. Got it.

Yes. Good to replace him now because he is getting better and better. Protects his value.

Trossard is our best finisher, so that makes sense to sell him.
Trossard is our best finisher, but we can see why he's mostly a bench player. Not big, strong or quick, not good enough defensively or positionally to play in midfield. An excellent footballer who only works at a big club in the role he currently fulfills, which is as an occasional starter. He's not a priority to replace, but is an opportunity to upgrade from. Personally, I think we retain him for another year and sell him next summer

PrinzPoldi

Player:Havertz
The same Arsenal hating panel that said the Newcastle goal wasn't a foul?

It can't be a yellow for diving for a red card if there is contact, and there was. Dermot Gallagher said so also.
screw them.
there were other incidents worth mentioning but they kept their $hit mouths shut.

1/ Kai's first yellow was never a yellow
2/ neck/shoulder wrapping on Trossard was definitely a penalty, potential yellow/red card, but did not call
3/ pull/push on Gabriel in the box was also a penalty, another no call

fxxk them.

drippin

They think this should be a second yellow, when the opponent doesn't hit the ball and puts his foot in front of Havertz running path.

PrinzPoldi

Player:Havertz
If they reviewed the video careful enough, they would find out that Kai's left ankle was twisted a bit when landed, that might be the reason he lost balance and fell.
HOWEVER, the contact was there, so I don't know how these dumb@$$ thought it was a "dive".

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

It was a dive and some of us said it on the day, but we just have to be thankful that it didn't cost us.

We deserve it anyways as it makes up for the dodgy calls we've cried even harder about in the past, that's just how it works.

drippin

It was a dive and some of us said it on the day, but we just have to be thankful that it didn't cost us.

We deserve it anyways as it makes up for the dodgy calls we've cried even harder about in the past, that's just how it works.
But why didn't they check the Trossard call?

And why is it a dive if you run, and someone puts a foot in front of you?

Do you realize how laws of physics work if your other leg is obstructed?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

i'm not that fussed about it, he scored the winner. As far as ref calls, win some lose some.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli

You realise what that video is basically saying is it was a dive, but not a clear enough dive to warrant a yellow?

I mean, it was 100% a dive in that it was “simulation” - the contact and the reaction defy the laws of physics. There was however a tiny sliver of contact.

Like @Macho said, take the W and move on.

fute

Trossard is our best finisher, but we can see why he's mostly a bench player. Not big, strong or quick, not good enough defensively or positionally to play in midfield. An excellent footballer who only works at a big club in the role he currently fulfills, which is as an occasional starter. He's not a priority to replace, but is an opportunity to upgrade from. Personally, I think we retain him for another year and sell him next summer

You will not find a better occasional starter with his technique and finishing skill for the price we paid and him being comfortable with that role.

Good bench players/spot starters are just as valuable as good starters, and not just financially.

Every championship winning team has them.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Rice is not playing the Xhaka role either. It’s like people can’t seem to grasp that Arteta changed the system from last season.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom