• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kalidou Koulibaly

Status
Not open for further replies.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Arsenal To Go All Out To Sign ‘Perfect’ £20million Defender

France-born Koulibaly has arguably had his best season in his career this year. Napoli pushed Juventus for the title and he was certainly a main factor to that. His prolific season hasn’t gone unnoticed and footballing legend Diego Maradona labelled him the best defender in Serie A.

Maradona – “”He is phenomenal, the best defender in Serie A”

http://freshfootball.co.uk/arsenal-to-go-all-out-to-sign-perfect-20million-defender/?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

One more link and I'll start self harming by watching YouTube videos of him.

I can see Mourinho being Mourinho and trying to sign every target of ours. Think this is a Benatia smokescreen though.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
One more link and I'll start self harming by watching YouTube videos of him.

I can see Mourinho being Mourinho and trying to sign every target of ours. Think this is a Benatia smokescreen though.
It was a youtube vidoe that got me all so very excitedly excited about this dude.

Maxim

comparing stats of defenders from a different league playing in a completely different system like that is very flawed.
you can't just say "more passes = more prolific passer" when a lot of it is probably due to the slower pace of serie a where teams sit deeper and give CBs far more time on the ball.

same goes for tackles as a lot of it is due to tactics. for example a team who is very proactively pressing back high when losing the ball will have far higher tackling numbers for all their players than the team who is more passive and rather retreats back into shape.

Well obviously... it goes without saying that they're playing for different teams in different leagues therefore the stats may differ. It's not a perfect comparison but you absolutely can draw conclusions.

He is indeed a very prolific passer of the ball - the highest of all defenders in Serie A.

Your point about tackles doesn't make sense either since Koulibaly is a centre back for Napoli, not an attacking midfielder for Liverpool.

Of course systems have an impact on player statistics, but at the end of the day players will demonstrate [and are bought because of] of their skillset on the pitch regardless of system/league/team - stats can give you a view of this. Hence - StatDNA at Arsenal and it's wide (and growing) use across football and all sports.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Juve president saying they can't compete with even mid table PL clubs when it comes to wages, that'll be the case for Napoli and co as well.

dysphoria

Established Member
Will pep sign him? Doubt it, hope not.

Why would he go to Sp**s...:lol:

Chelsea and united don't have UCL.

Basically, IF we wanted him and we're willing to pay, we CAN get him but i doubt we have that drive or ambition.

I actually think Koulibaly-Chambers would be of great interest. 2 defenders comfortable in wider areas, would make it easier to build from the back if Xhaka splits the defenders. Our CBs are often very narrow.

It is all good having a super passing team at the back, but we will still get murdered by other teams pressing us if the teams are still allowed to push up higher on the field.

Malky

Established Member
Knowing our luck, we'll sign Koulibaly, then Kos will get an injury and we'll be stuck with Per or Gabriel** for a large part of next season:(

** I do rate Gabriel, there is a good defender in there, he's just a bit rash/stupid at times. Per needs binned tho, he's past it.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Will pep sign him? Doubt it, hope not.

Why would he go to Sp**s...:lol:

Chelsea and united don't have UCL.

Basically, IF we wanted him and we're willing to pay, we CAN get him but i doubt we have that drive or ambition.

Do you honestly see Arsène giving up on Gabriel though? Thats the biggest stumbling block imo.

We know Arsène and surely he'll look at Gab and think he already has a play in the same mold at the club so there is no reason to buy.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Knowing our luck, we'll sign Koulibaly, then Kos will get an injury and we'll be stuck with Per or Gabriel** for a large part of next season:(

** I do rate Gabriel, there is a good defender in there, he's just a bit rash/stupid at times. Per needs binned tho, he's past it.
We're due an injury crisis in defence, Koscielny is a good bet for a 3 month injury with him being a key figure for France this summer.

Koscielny, Bellerin or Monreal will be Wele'd at some point this season.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Spot on - was thinking just that yesterday. Both seem to have great range of passing and look very much at ease on the ball.
Yeah, that should give us a big hand. God knows we come up with ways to concede but may he have mercy that we retain and use it better along with a sexy beast at CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom