• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.

This_is_The_Year

I was reffering to his wages at United, and as Lufere rightly observed, I mentioned Bastian not Morgan.
Benzema would almost certainly take us up a level would those two?

Dont really believe Bastian is on 275k - the papers always add a top-club premium to wage rumors. even though its widely know Giroud is on 80k/week - metro got him on 130k/week. some people will believe anything they read on twitter and caughtoffside - its sad really.

Benzema is very similar to Giroud - not really a fan of either player - but an injury to le coq = season over - an Injury to Giroud = walcott or sanchez as striker = we could likely do better than if Giroud stays fit.

Both would improve us though - but our DM spot is a bigger concern than our striker spot imo

They'll flog anything, as long as they can replace it with something as shiny and new.

I agree , but just look from this point of view.
Cavani - PSG (not leaving cause Ibra will)
Ibrahimovic - PSG (even if he leaves will be to Milan)
Levandowsky - Bayern (they wont even negotiate)
Falcao - Joined chelshit
Mandzukic - just went to Juventus
J Martinez - just went to At Madrid
Aguero - ****ty not selling theyr idol

I'd say this would have been the only possible upgrades Real Madrid could make to Benzema , and they just not available now , so i dont see them giving up on him .... thats my point :(

In my opinion the only realistic upgrade options right now would be
Icardi - Inter will sell for a big offer
Jovetic
M Gomez - I think he would come back to his brilliant form with us
Lukaku
Lacazette

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Surely we must have some way of confirming whether this dude is for real. We have Gooners on the ground all over the place. Anyway, it's adding more fuel to an already way out of control fire. Just the way we like it in the transfer window.

TBH the Camacho link intrigues me more than this Benzema BS. ..;)
I think he's posted several tweets saying 'I've proved my credibility to you many times blah blah blah' but I went through all his **** and I didn't find any of this evidence of credibility. Just a LOT of rumours and apparent inside information. (Would love if anyone could prove me wrong though)

You'd think this guy was secretly a SPY pretending to love grass, just so he could wire-tap every member of the Arsenal negotiation team. Nobody gets fed the amount of info he apparently knows.

12TimeWinners

Dont really believe Bastian is on 275k - the papers always add a top-club premium to wage rumors. even though its widely know Giroud is on 80k/week - metro got him on 130k/week. some people will believe anything they read on twitter and caughtoffside - its sad really.

Benzema is very similar to Giroud - not really a fan of either player - but an injury to le coq = season over - an Injury to Giroud = walcott or sanchez as striker = we could likely do better than if Giroud stays fit.

Both would improve us though - but our DM spot is a bigger concern than our striker spot imo
I get your concerns re injury, it really can be a deal breaker as far as mounting a tittle challenge. IF Chelski were hit in the same way they'd certainly feel it too with Cuadrado, Mikel, and Remy over Costa, Matic or Hazard for e.g.

RE Bastians wages, I hope he isn't on that, but where yanited are concerned I wouldn't be surprised at all!

p.s. Schwenie's been one of my favourite midfielders for 8 years +, would have been awesome to sign him however, his injury record in itself is worrying, not to mention age, adjusting etc.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
I think he's posted several tweets saying 'I've proved my credibility to you many times blah blah blah' but I went through all his **** and I didn't find any of this evidence of credibility. Just a LOT of rumours and apparent inside information. (Would love if anyone could prove me wrong though)

You'd think this guy was secretly a SPY pretending to love grass, just so he could wire-tap every member of the Arsenal negotiation team. Nobody gets fed the amount of info he apparently knows.
He says he was a member of the Arsenal ground staff so maybe he has some inside info...

Where have all the strikers gone?

Sung to this tune

Hahaha good one! :))

What u guys think about Mario Gomez? I really believe he is playin in a crap team right now , being supported by someone like Özil and Sanchez i think could really do the trick ... i hope we show some interest on him , he is affordable.

12TimeWinners

Hahaha good one! :))

What u guys think about Mario Gomez? I really believe he is playin in a crap team right now , being supported by someone like Özil and Sanchez i think could really do the trick ... i hope we show some interest on him , he is affordable.
Not picking on you Bro but Gomez has never been AFC quality!
Sorry man but I'd seriously prefer a Huntelaar or even old man Klose

Not picking on you Bro but Gomez has never been AFC quality!
Sorry man but I'd seriously prefer a Huntelaar or even old man Klose

I respect your oppinion mate , i;m not a big fan of his either , but considering the available options right now , i'd prefer him over many others , he is a proven goalscorer in my opinion , lacks some pace but for that i'd say we got Sanchez :D .. who knows , i also hope we'll get some true AFC quality , just that i really see little upgradable options this summer :)

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Just off-topic but i do not hope Wenger thinks we have a chance of getting Lewadowski if we dont get Benzema.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Papers reporting Wenger can break our club fee to land ourselves a striker as we have 200m in the bank.

highburybaby

at the same time he also mentioned :“You could say to Arsène we’ve got no money and he wouldn’t worry, or you could give him £100m and he might not spend it".

onetowatch

Papers reporting Wenger can break our club fee to land ourselves a striker as we have 200m in the bank.
Quotes coming from Lord Harris. Very un-Arsenal like. Says Wenger has identified a striker who wants to come but the club won't sell until / unless they get a superstar in as replacement.

Hard to think past Benzema/Reus.

baccy_man

Established Member
I don't think it is a very good idea telling the media that we have £200m in the bank when we are trying to recruit new players it gives the selling club the idea that they can treat us the same way that City have been treated where they have paid over the top prices for the players that they have gone after,
I know that Arsène will only pay what he thinks a player is worth but it will not stop clubs trying to ask for silly fees.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I don't think it is a very good idea telling the media that we have £200m in the bank when we are trying to recruit new players it gives the selling club the idea that they can treat us the same way that City have been treated where they have paid over the top prices for the players that they have gone after,
I know that Arsène will only pay what he thinks a player is worth but it will not stop clubs trying to ask for silly fees.

It's not really a secret though. The club publishes its accounts every year and it's there for all to see.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
The only thing that gives me hope is that Wenger has made a big signing for the past 2 seasons. Having said that, if Madrid dont get a replacement then its a non starter and we go with Walcott, Giroud, Akpom. tbh I would prefer Reus but I feel thats even less likely.

Whatever happens re CF we still need a DM and LB if Monreal goes.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Benzema starts up front for Real today. Benitez seems to actually be playing the side every normal person would so that makes this look even more unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom