• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kevin Doyle

viper_001

Established Member
The only Irish international I'd want in our squad is McGeady. Doyle is a good player, but if we're signing another striker, we need a goalpoacher with a proven scoring record.

Goons AFC

viper_001 said:
The only Irish international I'd want in our squad is McGeady. Doyle is a good player, but if we're signing another striker, we need a goalpoacher with a proven scoring record.

I'd find spots for Dunne and Given in our squad as well.

GoonerAG

Can I just say, anyone, ANYONE will do just let's sign SOMEONE! PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!! I'M IN PAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

GoonerAG

lol sorry, post-Blackburn effects. But my views on Doyle have been documented on here earlier, slightly more reasoned :lol:

qs

Established Member
irishgunnerz said:
Playing Devil's advocate QS, as his runs and build up play is intelligent, would he thrive at a club where the service is at a far higher quality than that he receives at Wolves or for us at an international level? Personally I'd put him on the same level as Nik (thaaaaat's right...I saaaaid it)

But if we're getting Chamakh why would we a)need another forward and b)one without a proven goalscoring record

If you watch him for Wolves in the league he always has yards of space to get into with the ball, he's great at that on the counter, perfect for a team like Wolves who usually have most of their men back, Doyles great at getting the ball into forward areas and holding it up while support moves from back to front.

Watch him for Ireland where most of the games he plays are against teams that aren't attacking us with much gusto and you see he struggles when he has less space. He still makes good runs etc off the ball but on it he lacks the spark to make a yard for a good goal scoring opportunity alot of the time. Its not that he's a terrible finisher its more that he just can't find that space. He'd get even less of that space here.

viper_001 said:

McGeady is an appalling player. He's not Premiership quality nevermind Ireland quality. In fact I wouldn't have him in the Ireland first team. He's nowhere near as good as Duff and I'd put him behind Lawerence and Stephen Hunt as well. People think Diaby takes too much time on the ball, McGeady makes him look like Bergkamp. He's like a young Kilbane, head down and running, god knows where he'll be when he looks up. Really, really poor player, theres a reason he never made it out of the SPL.

Sorry about the rany but McGeady is the most frustrating player I've ever had to endure, and thats saying something considering our current lot at the Arsenal.

go49oner

Established Member
In the day Cesc is about to leave, we get this :lol:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/2010/05/18/arsenal-move-for-wolves-kevin-doyle/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/201 ... vin-doyle/</a>

P_Gunner

go49oner said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/2010/05/18/arsenal-move-for-wolves-kevin-doyle/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/201 ... vin-doyle/</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Problem solved! Sell Cesc and sign up Doyle Arsène... and here I was worrying about what we would do :p

GET INN!!

qs

Established Member
This is definitely happening. I got my renewal form today and on the back of it theres a picture like the murals on the walls of the Emirates with the players backs and their names only this one had our current players on it. Guess what though, right there in the middle of them all was .... Doyle!

Kain

Established Member
P_Gunner said:
go49oner said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/2010/05/18/arsenal-move-for-wolves-kevin-doyle/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/201 ... vin-doyle/</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Problem solved! Sell Cesc and sign up Doyle Arsène... and here I was worrying about what we would do :p

GET INN!!

:lol:

On a slightly more serious note, was it not Juventus who considered having a bid for Doyle at Reading before he went to Wolves, bit of a rumour at the time.

Y va marquer

Established Member
I quite like Kevin Doyle probably because he used to play for the now defunct Cork City….
He hasn't got the technique and skill that we’ve come to associate with our players but he’s got a fantastic attitude, he’s ambitious, he works hard and he wouldn’t believe his luck if he got to play for us.
He’s not THAT lucky though :)

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
Why where are you from Y Va?

Apparently its on Irish radio today that Arsenal's interest has grown in Doyle. Trappatoni gave an interview yesterday that he's happy with Arsenal being linked to him as well, saying that Kevin Doyle surrounded by quality players would improve dramatically and would fit in.

qs

Established Member
Never thought of it like that. Could be a bit of a Kuyt maybe. Still not convinced he's good enough but I do like him.

GoonerAG

Although I reckon Doyle would definitely be one of the typical "smaller side/ lower league" signings that used to flourish under Graham, the fact that Wenger has explicitly stated that we are well stocked in attack now and "looking at other areas" means this transfer is no-goer.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom