• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Keylor Navas

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
14M for Navas is mental. That’s less than we paid for Leno ffs.

Should be all over that.

Is he better than both Cech and Leno?

I rather get that 14m and put it on a cb or winger. Specially if the rumours of Inter getting Rambo in in January.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Is he better than both Cech and Leno?

I rather get that 14m and put it on a cb or winger. Specially if the rumours of Inter getting Rambo in in January.

Yes comfortably, I’d even say he’s better than Courtois.

Malky

Established Member
Yes comfortably, I’d even say he’s better than Courtois.
With the way Courtois has been playing, I'm surprised they're open to selling Navas. I'd take him here, but it would be an odd move considering we're needing CB's and wingers first, and that's before we possibly sell Özil and/or Ramsey!

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
With the way Courtois has been playing,

Could you explain this?

Courtois had 4 Clean Sheets in his last 6 La Liga Games, the loss against Eibar could be much worse (3:0 it was, but they had around 8 shots on target).

Real Madrids defense is completely horrible (Varane and Ramos underperforming, some injuries, tactics).

I rate Navas, but i don't want to see him in the Premier League if Leno already struggles with the crosses here.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Could you explain this?

Courtois had 4 Clean Sheets in his last 6 La Liga Games, the loss against Eibar could be much worse (3:0 it was, but they had around 8 shots on target).

Real Madrids defense is completely horrible (Varane and Ramos underperforming, some injuries, tactics).

I rate Navas, but i don't want to see him in the Premier League if Leno already struggles with the crosses here.

Going off scoresheets is one thing but he’s been dire compared to Keylor the last few years. He didn’t deserve benching.

Courtois has made several clangers that’ve cost them points this year.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Going off scoresheets is one thing but he’s been dire compared to Keylor the last few years. He didn’t deserve benching.

Courtois has made several clangers that’ve cost them points this year.

He hasn't been nowhere dire. I'm watching so many Real Madrid games (like Werder and Arsenal) and he is a big reason why Real haven't dropped much more points.

You could show me these clangers for Real. Of course there are shots, where you sometimes ask, if a goalkeeper could do better.

Why he shouldn't deserve benching? The goalkeeper position was one position where Real Madrid could improve and that's why they signed Courtois.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
I thought Courtois has been doing well, at least as well as he could for a dysfunctional team. It's fashionable to hate on him atm because of the way he snaked his way out of Chelsea, but whenever I have watched Real Madrid this season (which has been a decent amount), he's been solid, and the commentators, who have likely watched most of the Madrid matches have mentioned he's been playing well.

Thought it was a pointless signing for Madrid though, considering their other needs, and quite unfortunate for Navas to be frozen out after all he's done for them, but he can't be too surprised as soon as Madrid got their new toy.

As for the transfer rumors to us, Keylor is better than both Cech and Leno (although Leno has room for improvement), but don't see the point in this when we have other, more pressing matters. Also, I have hopes for Leno and would rather push on with him for the foreseeable future (for better or worse).

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He hasn't been nowhere dire. I'm watching so many Real Madrid games (like Werder and Arsenal) and he is a big reason why Real haven't dropped much more points.

You could show me these clangers for Real. Of course there are shots, where you sometimes ask, if a goalkeeper could do better.

Why he shouldn't deserve benching? The goalkeeper position was one position where Real Madrid could improve and that's why they signed Courtois.

Alaves, Eibar and Levante off the top of my head, poor in el Clasico as well. He wasn’t just letting shots go he was spilling balls, getting caught out at corners and had some gash distribution.

Getting heckled off all the Real fans for being their worst signing all season to top it all.

Lacaz1fan

Why is there no Ostein update on this guy who is apparently so close to joining us for 15 Million (of the very tight budget). Probably our only signing then.

Leeroy1979

Hopefully they are going to take it from the fund that wenger had scurried away for "special" players that he never spent over the years before sven came in

neimad

What's his main weakness? Is he flappy on crosses? Likely to punch the ball straight to forwards feet or crap at stopping penalties?

I've given up hope on us ever having a keeper without some glaring weakness so will accept small foibles.

FinnGooner

Established Member
I know he's an amazing shot stopper but is his area and cross control good enough for the PL? Not that Leno's is anyways...

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

This would be very weird considering how desperately we need to invest elsewhere and apparently very low on funds. I'd like him though, but at what cost to elsewhere in the team? Would he even start? What happens to Leno, he get's destroyed mentally? I don't buy it.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
One positive about Emery is that you can get actual information from him, re transfers.

Refreshing :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom