• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kia Joorabchian's Transfer Targets: January 2020

Which area of the pitch is the biggest priority to improve in January?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
We need to make smart buys, it doesn't have to be the flavour of the month. Sometimes you need to look at the "lower" level clubs and pick up players from them.

We need some experience in this squad, today when we needed fresh players to be subbed you looked at our bench and you really don't have any experience to bring on.

Hope Arteta has some ideas of what he wants but I highly doubt it as he is just trying to assess the players we currently have, that is why we must be patient with him because you can already see a change in the way we are playing. Honestly, the way we played in the first half today was one of the best I have seen from us in a very long time.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Agreed need to go all out in the EL need a midfielder though.

Agreed. A midfielder is a must with Xhaka going and depending on the severity of Chambers injury we might need a CB as well. We can't go the rest of the season with Mustafi one injury away from starting.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

I'm just concerned we'll be so desperate that we spend money on dross again. January is not a great time to go shopping, especially not when desperate...
January will tell us how much they believe in Arteta.

We need to spend big in defense. This cannot continue.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Agreed. A midfielder is a must with Xhaka going and depending on the severity of Chambers injury we might need a CB as well. We can't go the rest of the season with Mustafi one injury away from starting.
It depends if they want to go big now and take the gamble. Should have gone for Evans in the summet.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

CB is such a risk atm though, we need to offload quite a few.

Schar
Lascelles
Dunk
Diop
Tarkowski
Coady
Engels

All are at mid-table clubs and wouldn't cost a fortune, however would one of them be able to seriously change our defence? Not sure. All a bit similar to before Evans moved to Leicester.

asukru

Established Member

Schar
Lascelles
Dunk
Diop
Tarkowski
Coady
Engels

All are at mid-table clubs and wouldn't cost a fortune, however would one of them be able to seriously change our defence? Not sure. All a bit similar to before Evans moved to Leicester.

Id take Dunk for sure! Think he could help our defence and add some structure to it, he is a leader in my opinion.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Id take Dunk for sure! Think he could help our defence and add some structure to it, he is a leader in my opinion.

I love the idea of Coady, even though he's protected in a 3ATB his passing is unbelievable.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Buying players from PL is must even if from lower teams look at Liverpool they got Gini Robertson and mane from Newcastle Hull city and Southampton even if it cost them about 60M but we'll need to make similar deals

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Bids going in for Talisca now the CSL is over.

Wonder if he is on Edus radar at all? A pretty unique & fun player with the end product our midfield is crying out for.

TornadoTed

Established Member

Schar
Lascelles
Dunk
Diop
Tarkowski
Coady
Engels

Wouldn't cost a fortune? I'm not so sure, I think all their respective clubs would be asking £40m+ if we enquired now in January. With the Premiership worth £100m+ a season none of those clubs would want to lose one of the better players without a serious wedge being thrown at them.

I keep banging the same old drum but I think the days of picking up the 'best of the rest' in the Premiership died with the last TV deal, just too much money on the table now. We've seen Fulham and then Villa promoted from the Championship spend over £100m the last 2 summers. No way can you cherry pick smaller clubs best players anymore unless they get relegated.

Someone earlier mentioned Mane, Robertson and Wijnaldum costing £60m, great business no doubt but only possible because Hull and Newcastle were relegated. Same with Sessegnon for £25m last summer, it would have took £50m+ if Fulham had of stayed up and even then it would have probably taken the player applying pressure for the move. The often mentioned Jonny Evans was another from a relegated team.

The Premiership has made a huge rod for it's own back. If a Premiership club enquires for a player at pretty much any club in the World the price gets doubled.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Wouldn't cost a fortune? I'm not so sure, I think all their respective clubs would be asking £40m+ if we enquired now in January. With the Premiership worth £100m+ a season none of those clubs would want to lose one of the better players without a serious wedge being thrown at them.

I keep banging the same old drum but I think the days of picking up the 'best of the rest' in the Premiership died with the last TV deal, just too much money on the table now. We've seen Fulham and then Villa promoted from the Championship spend over £100m the last 2 summers. No way can you cherry pick smaller clubs best players anymore unless they get relegated.

Someone earlier mentioned Mane, Robertson and Wijnaldum costing £60m, great business no doubt but only possible because Hull and Newcastle were relegated. Same with Sessegnon for £25m last summer, it would have took £50m+ if Fulham had of stayed up and even then it would have probably taken the player applying pressure for the move. The often mentioned Jonny Evans was another from a relegated team.

The Premiership has made a huge rod for it's own back. If a Premiership club enquires for a player at pretty much any club in the World the price gets doubled.
Great points. Who'd be a realistic pick in your mind then? Surely we can't go on without a defensive addition, even if on loan. I honestly wish we didn't get rid of Nacho, he'd be able to cover LB/CB which we desperately need right now.

Newchange

I understand arteta giving everyone a clean slate BUT the likes of Xhaka and Mustafi have shown us fans time and time again what there’re about and waiting for them to prove this to arteta could and would affect are season for the worse.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
At this stage I would take an experienced DM who we know has already hit his peak but can offer us something NOW. Like when we brought in Arteta and made him the DLP. It was short sighted but it solved an issue.

In the mean time we can nurture young players like Willock, Douzi and Torreira around them.

Camavinga might be an amazing talent but cmon you need experience in your midfield, we have none. It's all about balance age wise: you cant have a position filled with inexperienced players, you need someone to lead them and xhaka isnt good enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom