<

Kia Joorabchian's Transfer Targets: January 2020

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by American_Gooner, Dec 17, 2019.

?

Which area of the pitch is the biggest priority to improve in January?

Poll closed Jan 30, 2020.
  1. Full-back

3.4%
  2. Centre-back

49.7%
  3. Central Midfield

45.3%
  4. Attack

1.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sapient Hawk

Sapient Hawk The Reason We're Out of Europe

It's astonishing that Arteta believes we have any chance of attaining top 4 through the league.

Does the club's entire heirarchy run on a delusion laden beverage? :lol:

2. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Established Member

So it seems like all we can do is loan deals and nobody will be coming in permanently. Then we have loads of work to do in a euros summer.

A smart club would identify who they need in the summer and be able to pull off those deals quickly. That's not us unfortunately.

3. Highbury_2006

Highbury_2006 Village Idiot

He will not give up the top 4 in public.

4. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast CIES Loyalist

Not really when you think about it. If Arsenal beats Chelsea, they'll be 7 points behind with 14 games to play. That's certainly not insurmountable. United and Sp**s have been just about as crappy as Arsenal. It's unlikely, but if Arteta can really get Arsenal on a roll they have a chance. But they need to not only win this game, but stop giving away points.

5. yybecause

yybecause Formerly known as ArsenaLover

if you give up on 10 points difference, 15 games to play then you shouldn't be in it in the first place.
    true competitors would never

6. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

January is a dead market. Thing with Kurzawa though, we’ll get him for free in the summer.

7. NieThePiet

NieThePiet Loves Overhyping Our Rivals

Isn't there an interesting fullback (maybe for both sides) in the Championsship?

I mean it makes no sense to make an average signing just to have someone for the next months. Not expecting much in the league anyway.

"Sadly" we have some offensive talents in our academy, but nothing special defensively. Watched Osei-Tutu often for Bochum, but not even close to consider him for Arsenal.

8. krackpot

krackpot Established Member

Dayum, lad.

9. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

I’ve gone on enough about Jayden Bogle as a potential RB. In terms of LB’s from the Championship I’d probably only consider @MutableEarth ’s boy Rico Henry.

Always seemed to be made out of glass but this year he’s been an ever present for Brentford although he’s not the best attacking full back, his crossing is pretty average.

Nathan Ferguson is a quality talent who can play in all three defensive positions but he’s naturally a CB imo who won’t offer much going forwards.

10. Sapient Hawk

Sapient Hawk The Reason We're Out of Europe

Therein lies our problem. This is actually frighteningly similar to last season's top 4 battle where every participant (bar City & Liverpool) conspired to throw it away & the last 2 entrants ended up doing so by virtue of being less crap than the other 2 :lol:

Slartibartfast likes this.
  11. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

It could end up being Bukayo Saka strangely enough - if he changes his mind that is.

Seconded on Jayden Bogle. A great pickup for any team bold enough to slap 10m on the table for him.

Rex Banter likes this.
  12. Get These Hands

Get These Hands Off of my purse !

We're not signing anyone, are we?

13. Rex Banter

You think his long term future lies there? I must admit I’ve been watching him closely since he’s moved there.

A certain young Liverpool winger who’s found success at right back recently comes to mind :lol:

MutableEarth likes this.
  14. Gooner416

Gooner416 Well-Known Member

15. #Davido

#Davido Member

:lol:

Please tell me that is a joke account?

Taxi Driver likes this.
  16. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado Trusted

Not more Kia clients ffs. Think they have 3rd party ownership as well. :facepalm:

El Duderino and Gooner416 like this.
  17. Gooner416

Gooner416 Well-Known Member

Need to update the British core lads ffs.

Garrincha likes this.
  18. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

I've long thought Saka could be a standout world class full back, and circumstance has shown us his promise there. He has much more of a case in favor of the position change than Ainsley does IMO (Ainsley needs the action in midfield, too idle to be a wide man) I also think he is humble and smart enough to see how awesome he could be as a full back.

Issue for me is, he still has massive potential as an attacker, so there will always be that question if he goes further back. But I wonder how much Trent regrets moving to RB, knowing hes been a midfielder for so long in his youth career.

Rex Banter likes this.
  19. Rex Banter

I’ve gone to League 1 matches and booed Fleck in his Coventry days for running round putting in snidey sh*thouse challenges.

If you’d have asked me then if years later I’d see him running out at the Emirates for us I’d have laughed at you.

Same goes for Baldock.

krengon, El Duderino and Gooner416 like this.
  20. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast CIES Loyalist

Last season was truly amazing. I spoke about it often in the final weeks. It truly was as though every team was trying to avoid the top 4 and Arsenal just managed to do a little bit better job of it. :lol:

We can only hope that it gets really close in the end and the other clubs do a better job this time. :D

Sapient Hawk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.