• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Gibbs (Out) | Joins West Brom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
15M for Evans plus Gibbs but we know Gibbs will f,*k this up after calling Pulis a c**t in contract negotiations

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Sure he will be gone by the deadline.

Good player for 10-20th, multiple clubs interested & not a huge fee... Should hold out for the best offer as his main contract at 27.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Bidding war for Gibbs now. Nice. At least we'll get more for him.

mr.mojo

why would anyone leave when you get better pay for doing nothing? basic human psychology lol

I'd disagree tbh.

If we used Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs as a way to judge basic human psychology, at least in relation to happiness and fulfilment in our work and personal life, we would see that the most important factors when it comes both of those is Self Actualisation and Self Esteem.

Once we can secure the basic needs of food, water, shelter etc, along with the basic psychological needs of friendships and family, the remaining 50% of what we aim for(also the two highest points of the pyramid of needs) are the feelings of accomplishment, success and prestige, achieving one's potential, and following our creative passions.

Add that to the study by Doug Short in 2010 that states there's an incredibly steep Law of Diminishing Returns regarding a human's level of happiness after someone earns 70-100k per year, depending on the cost of living of the area in which you live.

So either Gibbs has some career on the side that he cares far more about than football, and uses us this sport purely as a source of income to supplement the other, or he's broken psychologically.

Either way, he has to leave as he's no use to us, and he's not the type of player we should A) be paying such wages to, as others will use him as an example to bolster their own, and B) have infecting the culture of the club.

mr.mojo

I know that law,
I am not going to argue about it, but if fees are agreed, and Gibbs personally refused to move.... well, you can say he is pretty satisfied here

True, but that doesn't mean it's basic human psychology as you alluded to, potentially an anomaly though. Maybe his idea of success is sitting on our bench, or maybe he thinks he can really make it. You never know what's going on in the mind of another human.

Either way, I think we can all agree that a fire sale for the majority of the players on the books that we want rid of is better than them sucking the wages and moral of the team down for a year.

If his wages are the problem why don't we just say we'll take less money then. It's our own fault for handing such inflated contracts to the likes of him, Jenkinson and the like, same as we did with Denilson, Bendtner etc.

We never learn our lesson. We pay players based on potential, not current ability. Until we change that, we'll forever be stuck with the dross that we can't shift. Take what you can get, because when was the last time we kept an unwanted squad player and their value actually stayed the same or rose?

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Started the window wanting 15 mil, dropped the price to 10mil then agreed to sell to Watford for 7mil only to sell him to West Brom for 5mil.

That Sky guy we brought on for negotiations is doing a bang up job.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Started the window wanting 15 mil, dropped the price to 10mil then agreed to sell to Watford for 7mil only to sell him to West Brom for 5mil.

That Sky guy we brought on for negotiations is doing a bang up job.
Which may be why we are linked with Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom