• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Richardson

Irish_Owen

Established Member
Exclusive: Sunderland star is shock Arsenal target
Sunderland star Kieran Richardson has emerged as a shock target for Arsenal as he considers his Black Cats' future.

Midfielder Richardson, 27, did not feature for Martin O'Neill's side in their win over Man City on Sunday.

The London-born ace had a virus and has not trained recently but he is also believed to be keen on a return to the capital.

Gunners boss Arsène Wenger is a fan of the former West Ham trainee who was snapped up by Manchester United as a kid.

Richardson has two goals this season and has been a regular in Sunderland's side.

But his potential sale would give new boss O'Neill funds for rebuilding.

Richardson has been at Sunderland since 2007 after joining from Man United for £5.5million

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Exclusive-Sunderland-star-Kieran-Richardson-is-shock-Arsenal-target-article848429.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfe ... 48429.html</a>

We all saw this story coming.. :shock:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Good age and price, experienced and versatile, quality squaddy material, yes please.

The guy would kill to return to London and big time footy.

Anzac

Established Member
WTF???

Decent enough bench player to replace Rosicky/Yossi/Diaby,
but still...

WTF???

GDeep™

League is very weak
We missed out on other 'solid' players last summer, Parker, Craig Gardner, Seb Larrson, Joey Barton, Bellamy etc.. Richardson is another who can be as useful as those guys would have been.

Irish_Owen

Established Member
GDeep said:
We missed out on other 'solid' players last summer, Parker, Craig Gardner, Seb Larrson, Joey Barton, Bellamy etc.. Richardson is another who can be as useful as those guys would have been.
"Missed out"

That's pretty strong considering we were never actually in for any of those players.

Vela

Established Member
Wouldn't mind having a versatile player who's capable of playing in defence and midfield. E.g. Zanetti for Inter Milan.

But I don't want Richardson we can do better than him.

Rather have Arteta than Parker, Gardner, Larrson and Barton.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
This would be decent business for a low fee. Would probably ask for reasonably modest wages, and the guy is a good dribbler, versatile (has played in defence a number of times this season) and knows where the net is too. And a natural lefty.

Get him and Podolski in and our left flank is sorted for years.

TheJoyofCesc

MDGoonah41 said:
I'd be fine with him replacing Diaby. In fact, that would be great.

Still certain Diaby has a future at Arsenal. He has shown great improvement when he has been available, better decision making, versatile and a good option to have.

Richardson would be a worthwhile gamble if we are talking a similar fee to when Sunderland bought him. Tends to be hot for a short run of games and then anonymous for long periods, but he has experience, good awareness, is direct and tricky, can pick a pass and can score goals. Would give us options as a squad player but would he move to a bigger club and play a similar part to what he is doing now?

After tonight, if Wenger still doesn't think we need another goalscorer then I don't know what it will take to convince him. Hope Wenger starts Ox in place of Theo for our next game and signs a striker as a priority along with the defender that we also need to get in now.
In one night we have moved back from potential title challengers given rivals results (depending on our Jan signings), back to possible top 4 also rans. Unbelievable.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

spartandre217 said:
kill me now :-(

This is what we've come to? United rejects?

Is he better than Shava? Squillaci? Failmunia?

Yes.

As an isolated transfer, this wouldn't be bad business as a squaddie.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Can't argue with that. Richardson and Podolski and hopefully we're well on the way to selling Shava and Gerboue.

Both would be massive upgrades on what we currently have.

DK Gooner

Not against his signing as he could cover LB and LM. Decent on the ball and good attacking outlet as well. I'm not sure City will loan out Bridge to us unless we were willing to consider making the deal permanent and I'm not certain that any of us even consider that an option at this stage. Richardson is still fairly young, but has a lot of PL experience and could offer us some much needed cover. Signing him may spell the end of Gibbs' chances here, but that is price we probably need to pay given his injury record. The other factor in this deal maybe to enable Bendtner to transfer to Sunderland permanently.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Unsure about this.

At first, I wanted someone to shoot me when I read this, but as an squad option he might be worth a try. Could do a job at LB while our LBs are injured and could replace Gibbs if he was to leave us somehow.

Glovegun

Established Member
I'd take him. Could play at left-back in the short term and long term he's a good option out on the left flank. Can do a job in the middle as well. Quick, good crosser of the ball, decent technique, hammer of a shot on him too. If he isn't too expensive I'd definitely take him.

Just because he plays for an unfashionable team doesn't make him a bad player.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom