• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Richardson

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Good value, we should go for him as he is a genuine flank player at the right age.

Vela

Established Member
Wouldn't you rather have Arsenal go for Juan Manuel Vargas, we were linked with him in the summer. He plays for Fiorentina and he only has got six months left on his contract I think. He can play left-back, left-wing and in center midfield as well.

dpt49

Established Member
I've got no problem with signing Richardson.
He's a good player, fairly versatile and ha a good shot on him.
My only problem is that he is not the "special quality" we need.

e seem to be buying players that would not look out of place at clubs like Villa, Everton and, of course, Sunderland.

If you buy players who are at that level then that is the level you end up.
Mid table

eye4goal

Established Member
I would take him on loan with maybe an option to buy. He's good going forward and I'd much prefer him to Bridge, Taiwo etc

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
He's not better than Gibbs. I know he's a perennial crock, but Kieron is a quality player who will eventually be England's long term LB.

Clarkey

Very outside chance he could sneak into the Euro's squad if he went on a good run, so could work out well for us on that front if he is motivated by that.

dpt49

Established Member
Quicker than Walcott said:
He's not better than Gibbs. I know he's a perennial crock, but Kieron is a quality player who will eventually be England's long term LB.
Gibbs is often injured and we have enough crocks in our team without having any more.
Rosicky, RVP, Diaby and Gibbs have proved that they cannot be relied on as fist team regulars, no matter how good they are.
Unless Gibbs can prove he can be relied on consistently he really shouldn't be considered a first team player

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Would be an interesting move in line with our recent signings in terms of experience and in this case, Premiership experience. He's a decent player whose career hasn't quite gone where it could. I genuinely think Wenger can move his career forward.

Accomplished

Established Member
This thread looks very similar to the Arteta thread from the summer.

Not a big fan of this transfer, but just thought I'd point that out.

Airknight

Established Member
The "better than Gibbs" argument is really bad, any fit player is "better than Gibbs" at this very moment.

What can i say? he's EPL ready at least, but far from what we need atm. If Yossi on a wing is working there's no reason to do this.

Goons AFC

Meh. Rather someone who is a LB than someone who can play LB, assuming Santos/Gibbs isn't coming back anytime soon

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
truth_hurts said:
Goons AFC said:
Meh. Rather someone who is a LB than someone who can play LB, assuming Santos/Gibbs isn't coming back anytime soon

The irony...!!
:D . To be fair most people know him as a midfielder who can play LB and haven't realised that he's become a LB more or less full time.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He's too good a player for O'Neill to let leave in January, unless he is in his final year or a very good offer comes in, don't think this is happening.

Finnish_Gooner

I would take Richardson as squad player. If there will be any situations like that again (all FB's injured) we can still play someone like him as LB (which might be better than an inexperienced Miquel). Furthermore he would add PL experience to our team which also helps a lot. He wouldn't cost too much, so why shouldn't we take him? Rather see him on the bench as Squillaci.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
Finnish_Gooner said:
I would take Richardson as squad player. If there will be any situations like that again (all FB's injured) we can still play someone like him as LB (which might be better than an inexperienced Miquel). Furthermore he would add PL experience to our team which also helps a lot. He wouldn't cost too much, so why shouldn't we take him? Rather see him on the bench as Squillaci.

An earlier contender for the stupidest statement in 2012.

One is a centre back and the other is predominantly a left winger.

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas

Latest posts

Top Bottom