• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney: Tesco’s Finest

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
One of his worse games tonight, didn't pick out any players with a multitude of crosses, although the players he was trying to find are probably not the ones you would want to find anyway.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

The fact that he's out no. 1 plan in attack makes it look worse on him when it doesn't work out.

Basically, just dont see the point whinging about KT given everythign else.
I’m not so sure it’s actually tactics I think it just kind of happens. I will give Arteta the benefit of the doubt and assume he’s not telling the team to pass to Tierney and pray.

Maybe Tierney is the only one breaking forward and showing for the ball? Because I look at our forward whenever we have the ball and it’s very static there’s not a whole lot you can realistically do.

I hate his crossing but he had nobody to combine with as Martinelli was AWOL and Saka came on late.

blaze_of_glory

I’m not so sure it’s actually tactics I think it just kind of happens. I will give Arteta the benefit of the doubt and assume he’s not telling the team to pass to Tierney and pray.

Maybe Tierney is the only one breaking forward and showing for the ball? Because I look at our forward whenever we have the ball and it’s very static there’s not a whole lot you can realistically do.

I hate his crossing but he had nobody to combine with as Martinelli was AWOL and Saka came on late.
Yeah may not be an intentional thing but it's how the game played out. And not for the first time

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
It's easier to play the ball outwide, as defending teams will tighten up in the middle, so they can't get played through...that's why Tierney gets so many crosses.

The midfielders need to be a bit braver/more inventive with the ball, it's what we used to do...but I also think Mikel really makes us focus on not playing risky passes and losing the ball in the attack, so it certainly seems like it's on him...if he was more relaxed/trusting, the players would play better.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Not being funny but he is a capable enough player to look up sometimes. Or just keep ball.

Sometimes there’s no one around him and he just clears it. Our team is not the tallest or the most combative so I don’t get it.

I love sticking the boot in Mikel when I can, but I am dubious about pinning it entirely on his tactics, I suspect it’s a crutch for our players.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
I said it before and I'll say it again, it was a mistake to increase his wages when he had 3 years left. We should have evaluated him more and with LB competition with Nuno...make decision end of season on committing more money.

He is not even better than Saka at left back and certainly not Monreal before him.

Our standards have dropped.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
I said it before and I'll say it again, it was a mistake to increase his wages when he had 3 years left. We should have evaluated him more and with LB competition with Nuno...make decision end of season on committing more money.

He is not even better than Saka at left back and certainly not Monreal before him.

Our standards have dropped.
Same Saka that lost his marker for the 2nd goal?

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
He played well. Spamming crosses is clearly what he's instructed to do.

He's one of a number of very good players we have, and who would be able to show it more consistently under a different manager/system.
It seems like the other part of the equation is not being worked in though because nobody tries to get on the end of his crosses

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
He's one of our only top players and now he's being dug out? Guy puts multiple quality crosses that should be converted every game and now this is a supposed flaw lmao.
You lot don’t judge him the same you judge other players, his crossing was poor today. He never looks up to see if anyone is there and is starting to play too Hollywood with all the poor shooting.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Not sure why it’s wrong to say he was poor? He got the ball a lot and found his man once I think, Balogun in the first half. It’s not his fault he’s our only attacking weapon under Teta but he was below standard yesterday.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
The biggest problem about him seemingly being our only attacking option is that he's never in position defensively.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

He does look up. The ball to Pepe and Balogun being two prime examples. Clearly looks up just before hand. It helps that in these two instances he has plenty of time to do so but there are two clear looks before hitting.

Other times he normally has a man on him so he receives it, looks up early, gets a picture of the attack, head down and makes his move. Unfortunately we don't have the personnel to see where the danger areas are and move to the right zones. Or they are in effective when they get there, see Nelson and his pass to nobody and Esr with a poor touch at the back post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom