• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Oh and KT is proven, the guys only just turned 22 and he's has hundreds of appearances, captained his club and country, played a lot of European Football, won numerous honours, both personal and with his team.

Yet a French 18 year old with 16 appearances total in his career is worth more?
Across sports players with outstanding physical tangibles in key positions are highly valued be it transfer fee, wage or draft pick.

A 1.94m cb, with his build, ease on the ball & coming through the French age groups always going for big money.

25m makes Tierney top five most expensive LBs of all time & all the others tested in a top league. Thats crazy money with a huge risk if he steps up & body up to it.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Been caught first post on the Celtic forum

giphy.gif

I'm waiting till it's done, knowing my luck it'll fall through if I start my sh*t posting early. TierneyAFC63.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Those same guys thought VVD was a dud.

Oh and KT is proven, the guys only just turned 22 and he's has hundreds of appearances, captained his club and country, played a lot of European Football, won numerous honours, both personal and with his team.

Yet a French 18 year old with 16 appearances total in his career is worth more?

It still amazes me how much value the average fan places on a foreign name.
VVD was a 6'4''cb who could dribble through the centre of the pitch and score a goal. His physical attributes alone made him a terrific prospect, just as it marks Saliba out. Tierney may or may not come good, but he'll have to succeed in a tougher league to be rated as high as the first two. He's not a striker, or an attacker who's youtube reels show his qualities. Arsenal are taking a lot of risk given the precarious financial situation we're in. If Tierney fails then we're fecked.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Sat here watching the cricket world cup final while dipping my digestives into my coffee and deciding which kit I want Tierney on the back of, think it's going to be the 3rd kit. Life's good.
Dipping is only allowed with tea.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Sat here watching the cricket world cup final while dipping my digestives into my coffee and deciding which kit I want Tierney on the back of, think it's going to be the 3rd kit. Life's good.

Easy to make you happy it seems - Tierney is a good addition, but mostly due to the need of a better LB, still not sure as to how good he is though and how his injury pans out.
Saliba tearing it up, being 4 years younger, in a better league, merits his price tag. Tierney is a risk.

We basically are only likely too sign Tierney as of now, doesn't really light my day. Saliba looks like it ain't happening imo, Zaha/Pepe ain't gonna happen.. I'd like some of your excitement.

Or is it sufficient now for you to be happy when the Celtics aren't ? :lol:

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Easy to make you happy it seems - Tierney is a good addition, but mostly due to the need of a better LB, still not sure as to how good he is though and how his injury pans out.
Saliba tearing it up, being 4 years younger, in a better league, merits his price tag. Tierney is a risk.

We basically are only likely too sign Tierney as of now, doesn't really light my day. Saliba looks like it ain't happening imo, Zaha/Pepe ain't gonna happen.. I'd like some of your excitement.

Or is it sufficient now for you to be happy when the Celtics aren't ? :lol:

Nah I'm not happy until it's done. Why wait 3 weeks to make the second bid? It's all a bit frustrating.

The cricket and coffee has made me happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom