• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Knut Borch

• Thread starter GG
  • Start date
  • Replies 32
  • Views 2,351

GG

Norwegian goalkeeper

The norwegian goalkeeper Knut Borch is training with Arsenal next week. He is 24 years old and is playing for Tromsø (4th place this year). He played most of their games this year and is pretty tall (194 cm). The new Shaaban?

Sammer

Established Member
Re: Norwegian goalkeeper

GG said:
The norwegian goalkeeper Knut Borch is training with Arsenal next week. He is 24 years old and is playing for Tromsø (4th place this year). He played most of their games this year and is pretty tall (194 cm). The new Shaaban?

Looks like a potential back-up keeper...

A

Anonymous

not another cheap 2nd rate keepr...for christs sake why dont we get someone haldf decent ...Mannainger, Wright, Shabaan, Almunia...all second rate

Axl

"Jeg skal jo stå i veien, sier Borch til TV 2 Sporten."

"I will stop the shot"

Always a good thing to start with. Maybe Lehmann and Almunia should try that to :wink:

Hope we don´t get this keeper. Buy Isaksson now! Very young, cheap and Swedens international keeper. A very good shotstopper and also very tall. Has still alot to learn, but a prospect indeed! He was the best keeper in the Euro 2004 along with Cech. He now plays for Rennes (the club Cech represent before he came to CFC) and can´t be to expensive. He already is a great and will get greater!

Arsu86

Axl said:
"Jeg skal jo stå i veien, sier Borch til TV 2 Sporten."

"I will stop the shot"

Always a good thing to start with. Maybe Lehmann and Almunia should try that to :wink:

Hope we don´t get this keeper. Buy Isaksson now! Very young, cheap and Swedens international keeper. A very good shotstopper and also very tall. Has still alot to learn, but a prospect indeed! He was the best keeper in the Euro 2004 along with Cech. He now plays for Rennes (the club Cech represent before he came to CFC) and can´t be to expensive. He already is a great and will get greater!

Agreed. He's young and very good. We should buy him or Hildebrand.

Canuck

Established Member
Read it on Soccernet as well. But Wenger clearly states that it is just a trial and he's not that interested in signing him right away since we have some "good keepers" already.

torgrim

The mans utterly useless and the laughing stock among Norwegian supporters. I can not understand why Wenger has brought such a pile of potatomash to Colney. He's not even worth the planeticket. Get him out.

Yes, that Swede Isaksson looks promising.

Sammer

Established Member
torgrim said:
The mans utterly useless and the laughing stock among Norwegian supporters. I can not understand why Wenger has brought such a pile of potatomash to Colney. He's not even worth the planeticket. Get him out.

Yes, that Swede Isaksson looks promising.

Thanks for the information torgrim. You are the one who should definately know.

Isaksson indeed looks very good. Let´s hope, Wenger finally goes for the long-term keeper solution.

Asterix

Established Member
If there's one position that is less likely to unearth a hidden gem I think it's keeper - top sides really need experienced or highly skilled keepers. I'm not convinced Wenger knows this. The ten outfielders I won't argue with at all, but his record in keepers is not as great as the outfielders.

Sammer

Established Member
Spinksy said:
If there's one position that is less likely to unearth a hidden gem I think it's keeper - top sides really need experienced or highly skilled keepers. I'm not convinced Wenger knows this. The ten outfielders I won't argue with at all, but his record in keepers is not as great as the outfielders.

Spot on. This is probably one of the very few Wenger-weaknesses. Although I think, Lehmann for 1.5 million was a steal, a long-term solution is needed soon.

A

Anonymous

Spinksy said:

Couldnt agree more mate

Asterix

Established Member
How many of you are / were keepers? I was for 15 years - good shot stopping, fairly useless in the air unfortunately. Hit my peak at about 11..........

Canuck

Established Member
:lol: Reminds me of a match in my teenage days as well. We were losing really bad 4-0 to the Italian Cultural Club (Marconi Club). Well our keeper says, "put me up front coach, I can do it!" Our 2nd keeper wasn't too keen on stepping into that mess so I (playing midfield) said, "ok I'll take over in net for Dave." There were only 10' or so left. So we shuffled our players on the pitch, I took over net, Dave went to play striker and our lone striker moved back into my spot. Don't know if this is within the rules but the ref and the other team didn't seem to care. I took 4 shots on target in the last 10 minutes, and only let 1 in. But damned if our keeper didn't run like the wind and score a goal! Game ended 5-1 with our only goal being scored by our keeper running a beauty zigzag into their box! That was my one and only experience between the posts. As a side note, that was also Dave the Keeper's only match playing out of goal. He was really the best keeper we had so the coach couldn't spare him.

Sorry if this is too chatty. Feel free to delete it if it is out of line... :angel

asajoseph

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=265726&cpid=94&CLID=3&lid=&title=Borch+forced+to+shun+Gunners&channel=Football_Home" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://skysports.planetfootball.com/lis ... tball_Home</a>

Talk about ambition in the transfer market Arsène ;)

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom