• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kylian Mbappé

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched l'Equipe tv of tonight and this is mostly what they said :

Still more likely he goes to Real for obvious reasons, but he's still young, will be under lot of pressure there and only another star among all the other players.

One journalist of l'Equipe (reliable!) wrote an article about Mbappe a few times ago and the player likes Arsenal a lot and knows he was close to sign there last summer. People around the player takes the Arsenal offer very seriously. Arsenal could be attractive for him because of Wenger, he would be a big star here and that could be a clever step forward before joining one of the three european giants in a few years.

All in all, we have a chance to sign him and all depends on what the player wants and his carrer strategy. That story will certainly extend for a few weeks though !

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It's really annoying that we're considered a stepping stone now.
I understand the frustration. In this case, this is a deal that potentially helps both parties. Mbappe's talent is such that it's highly likely that he would leave Arsenal as one of the best players in the world, having played regularly for a relatively well-known and somewhat competitive team. Conversely, Arsenal are seeking honours and to catapult ourselves to "superclub" status, thus creating something of a dynasty for ourselves- contrary to our status as a sleeping giant with fleeting periods of success.

Signing a player of Mbappe's ability and growing reputation is a signal of intent that the team is ready to move up again. I also hope that our homegrown youngsters can complement a player of his quality on top of that, provided there is any possibility that we can sign him. I doubt this move will happen, but hope has never killed me :lol:.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

I've been super pessimistic recently so I don't see it happening tbh. I envision it to be one of those rumours that gain momentum from nothing concrete the whole summer. But it would be nice!

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

I think this is probably just a way to appease our fans when Sanchez leaves.

"Yeah, we lost Alexis but hey... we tried to sign Mbappé"

Kiwi-Gooner

Throwback to the beginning of last summer when we were apparently on the verge of a Mahrez and Vardy double swoop, or to a couple of summers earlier when we were on the verge of signing Higuain, or to when we were 'closing in' on Suarez.

I'll believe this when it happens and not a moment before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom