Laurent Koscielny: The One-Man Army

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by THunter, May 18, 2015.

1. THunter

THunter Are you not entertained? Trusted

What a player, just seen some stats on MNF showing us with and without him and it's really incredible the difference he makes.

What a signing from Arséne.
    blaze_of_glory and remains like this.
  2. THunter

3. Gooner416

Gooner416 Well-Known Member

Best CB in the prem?
  4. Vinci

Vinci Head of the Asano Yakuza Clan

The man can perform a perfect kung-fu tackle, what more could one ask for?

5. GDeep

GDeep Well-Known Member

Yes, for me. Doesn't say a lot though, considering this is weakest era I can ever remember in terms of CB quality.

You can make a case for Terry, but I feel he gets more protection from the Mourinho system than Kos does here.
    North5 likes this.
  6. nicky47

nicky47 Well-Known Member

Me and a friend of mine in work were discussing players which don't get the credit they deserve, (he said Carrick, he's a Man U fan) and I said Koscielny. Absolutely adore this guy... Such a professional and quietly goes about his business.
  7. Thehulk

Thehulk Active Member

When he was out of the team, wasn't we suffering an injury crisis all over the pitch, no Coquelin in midfield etc etc, stats like this can be very misleading tbf.
  8. The  Jury

The Jury Well-Known Member

Couldn't give a toss what the stats say, as ever--he's obviously a brilliant CB.
  9. Tangy99

Tangy99 Active Member

I love Kos! I know he isn't the biggest character ever but he's a model pro and certainly one of my favourite players. Best CB in the league, far better than Kompany.

The amount of times we've seen him keep Suarez, Aguero etc in his pocket is ridiculous.
  10. Danskin

Danskin Well-Known Member

Always underrated. Hate it when people talk about the best centre-backs in the PL and the name that pops out is always Kompany. FIFA much.
    Mitch likes this.
  11. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

He's surreal at times, so quick, perfect timing in a sliding challenge. He's very aggressive too, likes to put his opponents under pressure. Wenger found a real gem bringing him in, his growth has been phenomenal.

It's between him or Terry for best CB in the league, that's for sure.
  12. North5

North5 Here since 2009. Still no custom title.

If Gabby brings what he was showing in Spain then these 2 could be immense.
    GDeep likes this.
  13. GDeep

GDeep Well-Known Member

Wenger is hyping up Gabby so let's see.
  14. WurzlSepp

WurzlSepp Has No Chill

Tbh imo also Mertesacker is underrated - a lot!
    North5 and Taylor Gang Gunners like this.
  15. Malky

Malky Well-Known Member

Favorite Arsenal player and best Cb in the league!!
    In a way the saddest part about him not getting the credit and recognition he deserves is a blessing, it keeps the likes of Bayern, Barca and Madrid away.
    Hope him and Gabriel form a world class partnership next season!
  16. DasBootist

DasBootist Well-Known Member

Tbf Per was quite crap at the beginning of the season.
    North5 likes this.
  17. North5

North5 Here since 2009. Still no custom title.

Per took ages to get his head right this season, been damn solid with Kos though since jan.
  18. Gooner Zig

Gooner Zig AM's Resident Accountant

Think a big part of why he isn't rated as highly as he should be is due to the fact he isn't vocal like a Terry/Kompany
  19. GDeep

GDeep Well-Known Member

Remember when Jamie Redknapp used to hype up Vermaelen? Talking about his leadership, toughness etc.

When Kos was clearly the superior player and Thomas was just a clown. Even today, Kos gets no hype on Sky, other than from Carragher.

Think it has alot to do with him looking abit soft compared to Kompany and Terry, and obviously, not as vocal.
  20. THunter

Terry would look like Mertesacker in our defence, Koscielny would like like Maldini in Chelsea's.

AVB give us a glimpse of Terry in an attacking team and it weren't kind to JT.