• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Laurent Koscielny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Just for some perspective on that 3rd goal yesterday, look at what he has to deal with:

There's literally 8 Arsenal players in front of the ball when they start the break, half the midfield barely gives a **** running back and Kolasinac only starts sprinting when it's too late.

Yes, the way Pogba beat him was beat, but we're talking one of the most physically dominant midfielders in the world vs. a 32 year old player who has never been known for his strength.

Pogba does that and Ramsey/Xhaka/Kola does their job and all is forgiving, but yet against he's made to look pathetic because he's left to do everything himself.

Edit: Forget to mention Monreal chasing shadows, literally playing like a 12-year-old on FIFA holding down X to chase down the ball the entire game.

tcahill

Just for some perspective on that 3rd goal yesterday, look at what he has to deal with:

There's literally 8 Arsenal players in front of the ball when they start the break, half the midfield barely gives a **** running back and Kolasinac only starts sprinting when it's too late.

Yes, the way Pogba beat him was beat, but we're talking one of the most physically dominant midfielders in the world vs. a 32 year old player who has never been known for his strength.

Pogba does that and Ramsey/Xhaka/Kola does their job and all is forgiving, but yet against he's made to look pathetic because he's left to do everything himself.

Edit: Forget to mention Monreal chasing shadows, literally playing like a 12-year-old on FIFA holding down X to chase down the ball the entire game.

Just realised, how the hell did Cech not grab that?

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

It's Koscielny's hospital pass to Kolasinac which leads to United scoring and the resulting need for the team to play a more attacking style which limits my sympathy for Kos in this situation.

tcahill

Or how did Granit not get a block in?

Also a very valid point. I don't understand people trying to defend Xhaka for that goal. I thought it was poor defending by Kos but Pogba is damn hard to contain, Cech and Xhaka were just as culpable.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
It's Koscielny's hospital pass to Kolasinac which leads to United scoring and the resulting need for the team to play a more attacking style which limits my sympathy for Kos in this situation.

Sure, I pointed that out earlier as well. However, while the pass for the 1st was poor, the resulting reaction to it was also poor, combined with Cech who should've done better on the shot. You could also argue Kola should've seen the pass was misplaced and not gone all-in for it, leaving himself completely out of position.

It's easy to just point the finger at one player, but it's often a host of factors. No one will deny that the pass was poor, though.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Sure, I pointed that out earlier as well. However, while the pass for the 1st was poor, the resulting reaction to it was also poor, combined with Cech who should've done better on the shot. You could also argue Kola should've seen the pass was misplaced and not gone all-in for it, leaving himself completely out of position.

It's easy to just point the finger at one player, but it's often a host of factors. No one will deny that the pass was poor, though.

Oh I agree 100%

fmwlfOp.jpg

Look at that still there. Four players sucked into Pogba - Sunday League defending. This was after Koscielny's poor pass, we still had ample opportunity to stamp out the United attack.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Or how did Granit not get a block in?
Also a very valid point. I don't understand people trying to defend Xhaka for that goal. I thought it was poor defending by Kos but Pogba is damn hard to contain, Cech and Xhaka were just as culpable.

No one would expect a midfielder to get a block in there. Cech did absolutely awful in covering his post:

u3NSMtE.jpg

Look at where he's positioned. Basically hugging the backline. He's expected to cover the area where the pass came through.

I've been critical of Xhaka but I'd actually argue that he's positioned just about as well as he could be here. He's denying the cutback and expecting Cech to cover the line across goal. When have you ever seen a midfielder mark closer to the goal than this? He's inside the 6 yard box.

If you want to point fingers here, it's a mix of Kos for losing the duel, Monreal for literally chasing shadow instead of getting into position, and Cech for positioning himself awfully.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

@Dokaka

Agree that Cech could have and probably should have got something on Pogba's cut back there but equally I feel that Granit could have got something on it too.

say yes

forum master baiter

Pogba beating Koscielny had nothing to do with strength.

Koscielny tried to tackle him (when there was no need for a tackle), and completely ****ed it up. It’s awful defending.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Xhaka should be deeper facing away from goal. No point being that close to goal if you arent tight to a man. Monreal is absolutely pathetic as well. If he doesn't fancy Kos to deal with it on his own, then he should be cutting in in front of Pogba. What he did there was make himself invisible. May as well have been in row Z spectating. Errors everywhere. Muggery reigns.

FreakySami

No one would expect a midfielder to get a block in there. Cech did absolutely awful in covering his post:

u3NSMtE.jpg

Look at where he's positioned. Basically hugging the backline. He's expected to cover the area where the pass came through.

I've been critical of Xhaka but I'd actually argue that he's positioned just about as well as he could be here. He's denying the cutback and expecting Cech to cover the line across goal. When have you ever seen a midfielder mark closer to the goal than this? He's inside the 6 yard box.

If you want to point fingers here, it's a mix of Kos for losing the duel, Monreal for literally chasing shadow instead of getting into position, and Cech for positioning himself awfully.

Xhaka had followed his man then forgot about him

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Yep remember this clearly. I think he got away with a relatively small amount of stick due to the magnitude of the goal.

He played the final whilst injured, I think it was a hip problem, he was superb all game, shame the French attack was **** and couldn't break down the Portuguese.

Also I find the French are very forgiving when it comes to football...after zidanes headbutt which cost them the final in 2006 the team came back to cheers.

I like the French in this regard, the fact that footy is just a game to them and not their life.

Jojoba

TO me Koscielny is nearly done. His mess ups are becoming more frequent, i now expect about 2 brain farts per game from him. And his passing seems to always end up out of play, over hit or just pure ball give away which always ends in us being countered.

Seriously, we have massive problems all over the pitch.

say yes

forum master baiter
You're going hard on Koscielny now - did the Man United game break you RE: your rating of him? :lol:

Been annoying me all season, particularly with his distribution, but yeah the United game snapped me in half like a twig.

Was behind the goal for when Koscielny bottled their third. Completely unforgivable.

Goonerozil33

I think as a defensive line, we fall far too much back allowing runners from far end to be onside. Look at Man U 's first goal, the defensive line should have been along the penalty box. Instead we have 2 players behind it making two more of their offensive players onside. Watch Man City and Sp**s defensive lines. They have always been pushing up in a line and catching opponents offside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom