• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Laurent Koscielny

Status
Not open for further replies.

vantoure

I mean, I can't think of a single footballer who cares about transfer fees on their head. Could be he just wants the path of least resistance for himself, which is him being a free agent.

It sounds to me though like it's more than that. As if we are unwilling to negotiate a transfer unless we can bring in a guaranteed replacement.

Which is more than understandable from our perspective and in line with recent rhetoric about how we deal with player sales.

The public statement is an interesting move too. Very un-Arsenal like, but again, probably an attempt to shift away from a management approach that was perceived to be overly submissive.
Unfortunately, this doesn't help arsenal.

We're likely to be desperate to sell him now, so we'd be selling for lower than we normally would like.

For replacement, selling clubs will know we're desperate to fill the gap, so we'd be paying more.

Lose-lose in my view.

There's probably more to this than we've seen so far, as I imagine all of these options would have been weighed internally and with Koscielny himself before things came to a head.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Shocker, french player goes on strike to force a move :lol:

On a serious note he has given us good service and put up with a unreal amount of garbage in his time here, played through pain so many times and his body is a wreck for that. Give him his move he wants and quick, he is probably the only player in that squad who deserves to be released and allowed to move on.

I have said the same as well. The guy didn't put a foot wrong the last 10 years and served the club admirably. Let him go.
Beyond that, what's the point of releasing this statement? That could not be handled internally? That is shambolic. This club is run like a clown show....SMH.
PS. May be unpopular opinion here, but that statement would have never have happened under Wenger.

Last edited:

thierrytheking14

He doesn't want to be here? Let him go.

Thanks for the service you gave the club. Thanks for some gaffes along the way that cost us big time.

I want people at my club that want to play for us. Cheerio Kos. Don't let the door hit you on the way out lad

FluffyDoozi

I have said the same as well. The guy didn't put a foot wrong the last 10 years and served the club admirably. Let him go.
Beyond that, what's the point of releasing this statement? That could not be handled internally? That is shambolic. This club is run like a clown show....SMH.
Fully on board with what the club has done. Pretty embarrassing and petulant stuff from someone who I had respect for. Even if you want to move, going on tour doesn't mean your agents can't negotiate a deal for you. Lots of players do so.

Why are you ending your time here like this after all those years of service? Why would you think the club owes you a year off your contract with no transfer fee? How childish can you be FFS?

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
This is very disturbing news. What the ****, now the captain holding the club to ransom ?
Not going to jump into conclusions, but the indications tell of Emery failing to have control of the club again.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
He doesn't want to be here? Let him go.

Thanks for the service you gave the club. Thanks for some gaffes along the way that cost us big time.

I want people at my club that want to play for us. Cheerio Kos. Don't let the door hit you on the way out lad

Credit where credit is due - his goal gave us the platform to go on and win our first trophy in 9 years. Didn't he score the goal one year that got us the win to get top 4 also?

Alkane

Good servant to the club but he’s under contract, if you didn’t want to stay till you’re 34 don’t sign a contract for so many number of years.

Hope we keep him for the year and let him rot

carlito'sway

Established Member
Great player but claiming perfection is a bit of a stretch, surely?
Lost us a final in his first couple years here.

I am talking attitude and commitment wise, evidently not performance's.
Having said that for Kos to get to that extreme, something must have happened between him and the current managing team. That is very unlike him. Was he promised something that was not delivered? I have a feeling there is more to this story.

Alkane

Don’t know how to embed social media images on here but check Koscielnys most recent social media post comments, the revolt is starting :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom