• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lautaro Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Has something happened? You guys seem excited, I’m not going back 15 pages to find a link to something, someone tell me.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
I think you live in fantasy world. Do you want us to buy Martinez and spend 60-70 million on him and he won’t even be the main goal threat and is gonna play deeper to creat?

Inter play 3-5-2 with 3 central midfielders behind Martinez and lukaku. I assume we will play 4 at the back 2 dm/cm and attacking midfielder, Martinez and saka one side Auba/pepe other side

wouldn’t the attacking midfielder and Martinez be on each other’s toes when you want Martinez to play deeper? Auba out wide is waste. Saka/pepe ain’t mane and Salah so they won’t score much. You managed to make us less dangerous going forward
//////////////Martinez
Saka/Pepe-ESR-Saka/Pepe

Seems a simple formula to me. ESR doesn't just sit in the hole so no AM clash, if he's going to expand his game then it should be by getting beyond the striker and scoring goals. It would just be superior version of the Laca ESR relationship.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
just cant see one of the English big boys not being tempted if he is on the market... three need a striker

need to act super quick 🤞
I’m not sure he’s at their level yet, and they want the finished article. Martinez for me is no better than Gabriel Jesus for example.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

But do we actually need him?

There are better areas in the squad the money should be spent on. Another CF is the least of our problems.

True but I still think signing a striker is priority for us tbh especially as Auba has been permanently shifted outwide by Arteta.

Some of the chances missed there are unacceptable.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Not even going to entertain this. Our board and negotiation team are not competent enough and Martinez would garner a lot of interest.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
He's an Arteta type of striker imo. Presses from the front and can "unlock" wing forwards as well. More comfortable playing false 9 than Lacazette as well.

Won't get our hopes up. Our squad is too bloated atm.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He's an Arteta type of striker imo. Presses from the front and can "unlock" wing forwards as well. More comfortable playing false 9 than Lacazette as well.

Won't get our hopes up. Our squad is too bloated atm.
Always laugh when I hear Arteta type of player. Like he is an established manager with clear philosophy. Just the other day we were linked with Tammy. Start of last season he wanted to play nketiah ahead of laca until the former stunk the place.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You've gotta think this guy would cost £60M, Ramsdale seems to still be a target at like £25M. So that would be £160M spent with no midfielder signed aside from Lokonga :lol: :lol: :lol:

Imagine going into a summer needed midfielders, spending £160M and not signing a midfielder. Still sure we'll get someone like Ødegaard if we do get Lautaro.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Always laugh when I hear Arteta type of player. Like he is an established manager with clear philosophy. Just the other day we were linked with Tammy. Start of last season he wanted to play nketiah ahead of laca until the former stunk the place.

What are you on about? We know how Arteta wants to play, there is a clear philosophy. Tammy would do a similar job in the sense that he's pretty good at linking people into the play. But we've seen that we work best when Lacazette is our striker due to him fitting the system perfectly. Surely even you can see this?

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
People arguing that Martinez is too good for Arsenal need to have a word to themselves. He has put up average to good numbers for a dominant team in the Italian league. He is definitely gettable if we can pay the fee.

Although he's not the finished article I think he would be a very good Laca replacement. Looks like the all round striker we should be targeting as a different profile to Auba and has a bit of everything to his game. Would be very happy with this, as long as we bring in an AM as well.

I think it's more down to his reputation. He was getting linked to Barca and Madrid over the last year or two. To go from that to Arsenal is a massive step down for him.

The move is definitely dependent on Lacazette and probably Nketiah going as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom