• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

LC: Arsenal vs Tottenham | 31/01/07

americanarf

Established Member
henry79 said:
dos1986 said:
bojed said:
WTF?

some people at the gg-chat forum condemned henry's presence at the game, even when he did nothing but watched the game from the stands!

they've truly lost it haven't they those self-pity scums :lol:

Its was a bit annoying though Ade should have celebrated with the boys not thierry its sad imo

its tru, they should stop this silly dance its needless, adebayor should have celebrated with the boys.

Indeed, especially rosicky than shrug them off; after all it was his assist that enabled you to score. Whats happened to them team celebrations from the invincible season ... even when henry scores he usually goes to celebrate with the assistor which is the way to go.

Go0oner

americanarf said:
henry79 said:
dos1986 said:
bojed said:
WTF?

some people at the gg-chat forum condemned henry's presence at the game, even when he did nothing but watched the game from the stands!

they've truly lost it haven't they those self-pity scums :lol:

Its was a bit annoying though Ade should have celebrated with the boys not thierry its sad imo

its tru, they should stop this silly dance its needless, adebayor should have celebrated with the boys.

Indeed, especially rosicky than shrug them off; after all it was his assist that enabled you to score. Whats happened to them team celebrations from the invincible season ... even when henry scores he usually goes to celebrate with the assistor which is the way to go.
That's why I said Ade is at Arsenal JUST because of Henry. Had Henry left for Barcelona last summer, he would've sulked and probably even handed in a transfer request. It really is sad.

bazza_afc

Just want to say what a pleasue and privilege it is to support this great club. Arsène really is a one in a billion.

go49oner

Established Member
Alfonso said:
Seems the spud supporters were well pissed off with Henry last night :lol:

http://www.gg-chat.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=69740

What a Spud leart yesterday

Is that the future stars of football will be athletes. The modern game is every bit as much as about speed, fitness and agility as it is about natural footballing ability. All those Arse*** kids on display last night played the game very simply, but, crucially, very quickly. I can't recall many occasions where a defender was actually beaten for trickery. Its all pace.

There were no mazy dribbles, no 60 yard Beckham-esque precision passes. It was so simple - get the ball, play a short ball to feet, and run forward.

The likes of Huddlestone, Mido and Jenas were chasing shadows towards the end.

The way forward is to find young boys who are fit, strong and quick. Footballing ability is secondrary; it can be developed with time.

Its no good saying we have the likes of Ziegler, Routledge etc waiting in the wings, give them a chance. They lack pace and athleticism.

http://www.gg-chat.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=69891

With the 2 performances against us I thought they would learn alot more.

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
go49oner said:
Alfonso said:

Is that the future stars of football will be athletes. The modern game is every bit as much as about speed, fitness and agility as it is about natural footballing ability. All those Arse*** kids on display last night played the game very simply, but, crucially, very quickly. I can't recall many occasions where a defender was actually beaten for trickery. Its all pace.

There were no mazy dribbles, no 60 yard Beckham-esque precision passes. It was so simple - get the ball, play a short ball to feet, and run forward.

The way forward is to find young boys who are fit, strong and quick. Footballing ability is secondrary; it can be developed with time.

Its no good saying we have the likes of Ziegler, Routledge etc waiting in the wings, give them a chance. They lack pace and athleticism.

Silly ****ers :lol:

hertyid

OK so here's my tuppence....

You were good and over the two legs you were the better side. Denilson looks very good, Hoyte did well, Adebayor gets better with every game. Your main attribute was pass and move, it's what you're known for and clearly that philosphy has been imparted upon the youngsters.

But all this talk of youth and how your kids beat our first team is silly. Your average age last night was 22, ours was 24. You were missing the following starting XI players from your match squad - Henry, Gallas, Hleb, Eboue, Lehman, and RVP as a squad player. We were missing Berbatov, Lennon and King (our three most important players), also Tainio and Lee.

You were the better team, I'm not debating that. Your young guns do look good, although Walcott did little over the two legs to justify the money spent on him. Denilson probably impressed me the most and he's what, 17? Good prospect..... But it wasn't your reserves, it wasn't your youth team. It was a core of first team players with some youngsters - Toure, Senderos, Gilberto, Adebayor with Rosicky, Clichy and Fabregas coming on, Almunia and Hoyte have also played plenty of first team football.

So well done, you did well. We missed Lennon and Berbatov massively and King has been a huge loss for us over the past couple of months. So in the end we weren't good enough. I'd just warn against you expecting the league to fall into your laps any time soon.

Viper

Established Member
hertyid said:
But all this talk of youth and how your kids beat our first team is silly. Your average age last night was 22, ours was 24. You were missing the following starting XI players from your match squad - Henry, Gallas, Hleb, Eboue, Lehman, and RVP as a squad player. We were missing Berbatov, Lennon and King (our three most important players), also Tainio and Lee.
Ages of our players:

Almunia 29
Hoyte 22
Toure 25
Senderos 21
Troare 17
Walcott 17
Denilson 18
Gilberto 30
Diaby 20
Aliadiere 23
Adebayor 21

Subs:
Clichy 21
Fabregas 19
Rosicky 25

There are really only two old heads in that team, and thats Gilberto and Almunia.

lee1001

Established Member
hertyid said:

I agree

patrick42uk

Established Member
the biggest worry for me from that game was that rosicky missed his chance on thechimbonda o.g. its unfair to compare to pires i know but i cant help but feel with him it would have been touch and goal. rosicky has to get more clinical because it can be the difference in tighter games.

jester

Established Member
hertyid said:

If you're talking about outfield players our average is even lower. Say what you want, they were kids. traore is 17 and never played premiership football, denilson is 18, walcott is 17, fabregas is 19. Thats 4 teenagers there. We started with 2 of our first XI, toure having to play due to the injuries to gallas and djourou.
You had your first team out, we rested 9 of our first team. You can use statistics to say whatever you want, but the facts you have there are the mean. We could have had a bunch of 15 yr olds out there, and with two 60 year olds out average would be 23. You know how mean works and so do I. We use the word 'kids' because we had 4 teenagers out there, hoyte who's under 21, as is senderos and diaby. Thats 7 players (the majority) under the age of 21.
You got beat by kids. Or, if it sounds better for you, our second string :wink:

famous no 10

Established Member
go49oner said:
Alfonso said:

not quite that simple, is it?

All very well just playing a short pass and having pace, but it's also our movement off the ball, taking defenders out of position, opening up space...something that has to be worked on for a long time in training and matches before it clicks, and of course, not every footballer can do it...it requires intelligence and team effort.

Go0oner

lee1001 said:
hertyid said:

I agree
What? :lol:

Kenyonhater

hertyid said:

You were good and over the two legs you were the better side. Denilson looks very good, Hoyte did well, Adebayor gets better with every game. Your main attribute was pass and move, it's what you're known for and clearly that philosphy has been imparted upon the youngsters.

You were the better team, I'm not debating that. Your young guns do look good, although Walcott did little over the two legs to justify the money spent on him. Denilson probably impressed me the most and he's what, 17? Good prospect..... But it wasn't your reserves, it wasn't your youth team. It was a core of first team players with some youngsters - Toure, Senderos, Gilberto, Adebayor with Rosicky, Clichy and Fabregas coming on, Almunia and Hoyte have also played plenty of first team football.

So well done, you did well. We missed Lennon and Berbatov massively and King has been a huge loss for us over the past couple of months. So in the end we weren't good enough. I'd just warn against you expecting the league to fall into your laps any time soon.

Thought you'd turn up on here with this, having seen you whinge about our supposed youth on glory-glory.net.

Yet again you claim knowledge of us but get your facts wrong.

RVP is not a squad player. He is our 5th most used first-teamer this season with 25 starts and is our top scorer in the Premiership and in total with 13 goals.

Djourou is our 2nd most used defender after Toure with 22 starts. He's 20, by the way, but was injured last night.

Ljungberg is injured and would be considered a first-teamer ahead of Walcott and Denilson.

Baptista is injured and would have started ahead of Adebayor given his recent goalscoring form. Wenger said as much.

Well done, though, for remembering Gallas, who you missed out in your rant on g-g.net.

That's a total of 9 first-teamers out, including, of course, one of the best strikers in the world..

So, in fact, we had only two definite first-choicers starting each game against you. Toure and Fabregas in game one, Toure and Gilberto in game two. They were supplemented by two more first-choice substitutes in game one and three in game two.

Regarding average age, ours was hugely bumped up by Gilberto and Almunia. In both games we used 10 players aged 17-23, , including 4 teenagers.

Yes, you were unlucky to be without King in both games and Berbatov and Lennon last night but your desperate attempt to dismiss or deny our youth and relative inexperience in these games is both misleading and erroneous.

Accept it, we are better than you. We have a wealth of young talent alongside a core of highly gifted, more experienced players playing in a state-of-the-art stadium almost twice the size of yours and our future is extremely bright.

The gap between us is much bigger than last season's league table has clearly made you believe it to be.

Alfonso

Established Member
hertyid said:
So in the end we weren't good enough. I'd just warn against you expecting the league to fall into your laps any time soon.

Sour Grapes?

Anyway, how come you dont post on this forum anymore. Last season you seemed to post a lot. I wonder why that was. Only sing when your winning?

Dont worry Hertyid, we'll all going to be Spud supporters for a day(feel sick saying that) on Sunday. I really hope you take two points of the mancs(cant see you winning), but i wouldnt be suprised if they beat you with a high goal difference, as your players will be knackered from Wed. Lennon needs to play for you to have a remote chance.

Kenyonhater

Thought you might enjoy this from glory-glory.net:-

DanishLineker
Site Admin

Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:59 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would agree if it wasn't for the fact that they are much more skillful that our players as well.

By the logic of your argument, Arsenals players would be faster and stronger than us, but we would be more clever and better on the ball than them.

Which is utter bollocks, I am afraid. Yesterday Arse*** had more skill on the ball, better fisrt touch and more precisely executed passing. Much more importantly despite a lack of experience they displayed a much more developed decisionmaking on the ball, doing the right things at the right times, pushing up when needed and stepping on the ball when needed.

That by some of their youngset players like Traore and Denilson compared to our seasoned internationals like Keane and Dawson.

They may be stronger and faster, agreed. But unfortunately skill level and brains is where they really rolled us over.

They are quite simply better footballers amongst better footballers and may I add, sadly, managed by a superior manager through a system proven and refined over a decade of stability and trial-and-error progres.

I doubt we will catch up before after Wenger is gone, admittedly.

Anyone who believes it is a case of their muscle men over our little "real" footballers have got their heads firmly stuck in the sand.

Now this guy knows what he's talking about HertYid. Time for a reality check for you, my boy!

Go0oner

Henry, Van Persie, Gallas, Eboue, Hleb, Ljungberg, Baptista, Lehmann were all out and Cesc, Rosicky and Clichy came on as subs.

That's 11 first-teamers who were missing/not in for 90 mins yesterday.

hertyid

Viper said:
hertyid said:
Ages of our players:

Almunia 29
Hoyte 22
Toure 25
Senderos 21
Troare 17
Walcott 17
Denilson 18
Gilberto 30
Diaby 20
Aliadiere 23
Adebayor 21

Subs:
Clichy 21
Fabregas 19
Rosicky 25

There are really only two old heads in that team, and thats Gilberto and Almunia.

Robinson 27
Assou 22
Gardner 25
Dawson 23
Chimbonda 27
Malbranque 26
Zokora 26
Jenas 23
Ghaly 25
Keane 26
Defoe 24

Our first team is generally young. Lennon is 19, King is 26, Berbatov is 25. We don't have any old players.

Smartly Dressed Morris

Amazingly The Spuds have been rather gracious in defeat admitting we are the better team (like we didnt know) but this really made me laugh reading this on the one spuds forum im not banned on :)

"Its well known in football that Wenger has no life. If he isn't at work he's at home watching endless videos of young footballers from all round the world and he's looking for these qualities: pace, strength and touch.

Those are his criteria. That's whta he's been hoarding all these years. He's like a f**king wierdo Bond Villain and his evil plan is coming to fruition."

:lol:

hertyid

jester said:
hertyid said:

If you're talking about outfield players our average is even lower. Say what you want, they were kids. traore is 17 and never played premiership football, denilson is 18, walcott is 17, fabregas is 19. Thats 4 teenagers there. We started with 2 of our first XI, toure having to play due to the injuries to gallas and djourou.
You had your first team out, we rested 9 of our first team. You can use statistics to say whatever you want, but the facts you have there are the mean. We could have had a bunch of 15 yr olds out there, and with two 60 year olds out average would be 23. You know how mean works and so do I. We use the word 'kids' because we had 4 teenagers out there, hoyte who's under 21, as is senderos and diaby. Thats 7 players (the majority) under the age of 21.
You got beat by kids. Or, if it sounds better for you, our second string :wink:

Hoyte is 22. Senderos is 21, not under 21. You started with 3 teenagers.

hertyid

Kenyonhater said:
hertyid said:

Thought you'd turn up on here with this, having seen you whinge about our supposed youth on glory-glory.net.

Yet again you claim knowledge of us but get your facts wrong.

RVP is not a squad player. He is our 5th most used first-teamer this season with 25 starts and is our top scorer in the Premiership and in total with 13 goals.

Djourou is our 2nd most used defender after Toure with 22 starts. He's 20, by the way, but was injured last night.

Ljungberg is injured and would be considered a first-teamer ahead of Walcott and Denilson.

Baptista is injured and would have started ahead of Adebayor given his recent goalscoring form. Wenger said as much.

Well done, though, for remembering Gallas, who you missed out in your rant on g-g.net.

That's a total of 9 first-teamers out, including, of course, one of the best strikers in the world..

So, in fact, we had only two definite first-choicers starting each game against you. Toure and Fabregas in game one, Toure and Gilberto in game two. They were supplemented by two more first-choice substitutes in game one and three in game two.

Regarding average age, ours was hugely bumped up by Gilberto and Almunia. In both games we used 10 players aged 17-23, , including 4 teenagers.

Yes, you were unlucky to be without King in both games and Berbatov and Lennon last night but your desperate attempt to dismiss or deny our youth and relative inexperience in these games is both misleading and erroneous.

Accept it, we are better than you. We have a wealth of young talent alongside a core of highly gifted, more experienced players playing in a state-of-the-art stadium almost twice the size of yours and our future is extremely bright.

The gap between us is much bigger than last season's league table has clearly made you believe it to be.

RVP only played so much because Henry was injured. Djorou only played so much because Senderos was injured. Baptista may be a starter in the CC but never in the League and that's the point, no? Ljunberg hasn't been a first teamer for you for quite some time now. When he has played he's been **** and he's got little chance of overtaking Hleb and Rosicky, you know that as well as I do.

Six of our XI were 25 and under. None of our team is over 27. We were missing Lennon who is of course still 19. And of course you're better than us, it would be stupid to claim otherwise, but I'm just showing up all the rubbish that's been touted about this being some team of U18s which it clearly isn't.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom