• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

LC: Arsenal vs Wigan | 11/11/08

patrick42uk

Established Member
Re: Arsenal vs Wigan | Carling Cup | 11/11/08 | 19:45

Thought Randall was as good as Ramsey to be honest. Randall, when he keeps it simple and doesnt try to be flash looks a player.

I disagreed with the commentators who called Fabianski nervous. I love his willingness to attack things. I'm remember Lehmann being like that, when you go for everything sometimes you miss but for the majority of the time its a positive tactic.

Wilshere is amazing. He has everything, pace, strength, mental toughness, technique, pace of his passing, decent shot. No question he'll be wolrd class.

Ramsey, I think his performance is being overrated but i'll see the game again soon. He's technically competent but I still feel we will see the true Ramsey in a year or two when he fufills some of his physical potential.

Merida to me looked quality. First half he gave Gibbs no help at all but second half he was better. Technically he's perfect.

kel varnsen

Established Member

i don't think you're giving ramsey the credit he deserves. for me, what stood out, is his composure and balance under pressure. many times yesterday, he was put under pressure by tough players like palacios and cattermole, but was still able to keep possession and protect the ball. he won plenty of 50-50 challenges against players 10 years older and 10 kg heavier.

technically he's not just competent, he's brilliant. outstanding close control and isn't afraid to control the ball under pressure. i think he'll be a massive player for us.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Ramsey is incredibly calm when faced with so many player's pressure. He even have the composure and vision to pick out his teammates. Bulk up abit, and he will be perfect. I do think he is better than Cesc at the same age which says alot. :O

I don't know why nobody is mentioning about Gibbs, but for me he was quite good last night, overlapping Merida and being very dangerous. He does look more like a winger than Fullback, needs to improve in his defensive aspect

Kain

Established Member

Original_AAA said:
*Thanks to kenyan gunner for the link

Arsenal have no respect

How dare we use this cup as a chance to give youngsters first team experience? Shame on us! :lol:

Strange comments from a man who was involved with the England U21 setup for so long.

Feet

Having seen the highlights we should have won 5+ - 0 again. Gibbs and Vela both had oppotunities to pass to Simpson for a tap in and they chose to shoot themselves instead.

Great great performance though. Stand out moment of the match was De Ridders run and Fabianskis double save. Two pieces of high quality football.

And Ray Wilkins can **** off, the loser.

ricky1985

Established Member

It's wierd watching fabianski, the way in which he deals with crosses is absurd, he just comes for everything.

I wonder if it looks crazy because we are simply not used to seeing it. I mean lets look at it from a newcomer to football point of view.
The goalkeeper can catch the ball anywhere in his box, he can reach up to around 8 foot from the floor. It makes perfect sense to just come for everything, if you know what you're doing.

I mean even when he completely missed the ball in the first few minutes, he still just went and caught the second ball.

It is time goalkeepers begin to realise the absolutely massive advantage they have over their opponents, in their box.

One thing to remember about last night though as far as Fabianski is concerned is you can train all day, every day, but you can never learn to be brave, and he has bravery by the bucket load.

Thommybhoy

Established Member

Original_AAA said:
*Thanks to kenyan gunner for the link

Arsenal have no respect

CHELSEA coach Ray Wilkins last night accused Arsenal of disrespecting the Carling Cup.

Wilkins believes the Gunners are wrong to play a team of kids instead of their star names.

And he insists Chelsea will not devalue the competition by doing the same.

:roll:

How dare we use this cup as a chance to give youngsters first team experience? Shame on us! :lol:

This was so hilariuos!!!! BUAHAHAHA!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

dutchMasta

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11682_4487989,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 89,00.html</a>
"They created more chances against us than any other team this season."

Nuff said. These kids are fearless, almost stupidly so in certain situations, dribbling it out our peno area, flicks/backheels in dangerous situations!! But that's what won them the game, so damn happy for them and seriously can't wait for their next game.

Just wish we had Barazite in for Merida and Coquelin instead of Randall, would be our youth dream team (still have hope for the 2, moreso Merida though), a right-footed Kaka-type on the left, and a left-footed Messi-type on the right, with 2 tough lightning quick strikers with deadly finishing and craploads of energy, a skillful and creative hub in the middle who can really run a show partnered with a tough energetic but highly technical midfielder. I am dirtying my pants at the thought of that.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka

gunner_down_under said:
I loved how the seniors were watching the game and applauding also. Cesc had a worried look on his face....Ramseyitis? I know I'm pushing it now.

I noticed that too. I think that he is more worried about Wilsherism with Merida sitting close

Kenyonhater

The desperate, delusional, one-eyed, bile-swallowing bitterness of this thread is hard to believe:-

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/forums/1/502527/ShowThread.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/forums/1/5 ... hread.aspx</a>

Know their stuff those Yids - "I see the goons being reffered to as 'the youngsters' again. what a load of bollocks. how many of theose players a) actually do play in the 1st team b) are 20 or over".

Erm, a) None of those players would be considered first choice. Only three have made more than five starts. The other eight have made nineteen starts between them, almost all in the Carling Cup.

b) The same three (Fabianski(23), Djourou(21) and Song(21)) are the ONLY players who aren't teenagers. And 21 still counts as a youngster for me.

It really is pathetic the lengths they go to to deny that we have a wealth of good, young players. If they're playing for the first team then their youth doesn't count because they're experienced. If they're foreign they are poached. If they're British they're either poached or not good enough and will end up leaving (which will be interpreted as us failing to give them a chance).

One poster even mentions that Jay Simpson was born in Tottenham as if to claim him as one of theirs even though he is a die-hard, life-long Gooner.

Jack Wilshere stumps them on all counts, though. Exceptionally talented, English, extremely young and at the club since the age of nine. Deny that, desperate Yids.

invisibleman18

Established Member

Just seen Ramsey's interview on ATVO. Anyone else think he seemed pretty uncomfortable doing it? :lol:

patrick42uk

Established Member

"I’m sick of watching Mikel John Obi and John Obi Mikel and Obi Wan Mikobi and I’m also sick of watching Emanuel Pogatetz and Dirk Agger and Daniel Kuyt. Whatever happened to Stanley Matthews and Les Allen and Ron Harris? Where is the Dave Mackay of today, the Danny Blanchflower, the Jack Kelsey and Ray Pointer and Gerry Hitchens? I wanna see George Best and George Eastham and George Graham, not Geovanni and Jose Bosingwa. I love Peter Broadbent and Paul Mariner, not Florent Bloody Malouda. I wanna see Wee Willie Henderson, Jim Baxter, Cliff Jones and Bobby Murdoch, not N’gog, N’Zogbia and Papa Bouba Ziop

Yes, Jack Wilshere is refreshing"

Xenophobic but had me chuckling, courtesy of Myles Palmer

stiiphunn

Established Member

Just watched the first half agai, and these lads really are a joy to watch! They don't care about who's in front of them, they just play their game with enthusiasm and it's just brilliant to watch. I wouldn't mind paying 100€ to watch that kind of game. It is such an entertainment!

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

i think the other thing that has been working in favor of the kids so far is the fact we have played both our games AT HOME..

i might think an away game would prove a different type of game for the lads...

stiiphunn

Established Member

That's for sure! Hopefully we'll get another game so that we as fans can enjoy the show again!

dutchMasta

invisibleman18 said:
Just seen Ramsey's interview on ATVO. Anyone else think he seemed pretty uncomfortable doing it? :lol:
Ha, uh...yeah, just saw it, um, he just couldn't string a full sentence without a break! Was quite funny to see. lol, good thing he's not the one giving captaincy speeches.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member

Firstly, for £10, this game beat the Sheffield game (which cost me £20) as Bargin of the season.

What. a.Performance.

Unlike the Sheffield match, this time it was a game against seasoned Premiership opposition. Wigan might not be the best team in the league, but they can give anyone a headache. But Boy did the (er) boys give a performance. Wilshere, Ramsey, Vela & "Super" Fanianski were excellent!

Il give credit to Simpson too, it was as if he'd been reading this forum before the match started, and score 2 excellent goals in responce!! Although i feel bad for him, since Vela's 1 goal was just sublime and probably took some gloss off of Jay's brace. If it werent for the fact we was 3 up, Fabianski's double save would surley have been a match winning save!!!

Roll on to the next!!

Kain

Established Member

Got to admit after watching the game again just now Simpson was excellent for his first competative game, constantly was making himself availiable done all the running, even the early chances where Vela and Gibbs got through he was there to be passed to. Hope he gets another chance in the next CC game he deserves it.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

USArsenal said:
i think the other thing that has been working in favor of the kids so far is the fact we have played both our games AT HOME..

i might think an away game would prove a different type of game for the lads...
That's an excellent point actually. Look at Nasri even - good at home, but inconsistent away.

Arsenal Quotes

Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom