• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Leandro Trossard: Tross The Process

TinFish

He has to start against Liverpool right?
Martinelli to be dropped?

I'd personally go for:

Trossard - Jesus - Saka

But I have a feeling Jesus will be on the bench.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard

I'd personally go for:

Trossard - Jesus - Saka

No way. Martinelli has to start and he'll destroy TAA

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard

I'd personally go for:

Trossard - Jesus - Saka

I'd go Martinelli who also like Trossard has history of playing well against pool. Also Martinelli's workrate tracking back is vital even more so in this match considering their right sided players

For me it's the question who starts at CF against Pool, I'm leaning towards Trossard over Jesus for this match.

Have both Martinelli and Trossard target Trent.

Rattata

When will Arsenal fans understand you need one direct player like Martinelli in the front three.

Martinelli(direct) - Jesus - Saka --> good
Trossard - Jesus - Saka --> not that good
Trossard - Nketiah(direct) - Saka --> good
Martinelli(direct) - Nketiah(direct) - Saka --> not that good

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Been quality, but we go with what brought us to the title dance originally at Liverpool.

Saka-Jesus-Martinelli...all are back in form now and the thought of the sheer pace and pressing from that front three, will cause immediate mental pressure on the Liverpool defence alone.

Leo is unlucky, but in these "big games", especially away from home...I don't really want us playing both him and Ødegaard together unless we have to.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
This guy is potentially the best example we’ve had to date that you should buy within the league.

It’s worth breaking the bank to bring in Ricedo.
I like Trossard but what kind of example is that? Partey Ødegaard our centre backs etc almost all of our most important signings came from outside the league.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I like Trossard but what kind of example is that? Partey Ødegaard our centre backs etc almost all of our most important signings came from outside the league.

It’s more the adaptation period. Gabriel/Saliba and even Ødegaard/Partey took a while to bed in for us.

Ramsdale, White, Zinchenko, Jesus, Trossard and even Jorginho/Luiz hit the ground running pretty quickly.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
It’s more the adaptation period. Gabriel/Saliba and even Ødegaard/Partey took a while to bed in for us.

Ramsdale, White, Zinchenko, Jesus, Trossard and even Jorginho/Luiz hit the ground running pretty quickly.
White absolutely did not hit the ground running he looked awful at first and had long dodgy spells in his first season. Partey Gabriel (and Saliba as soon as we let him) on the other hand looked brilliant from day one. Jorginho and Luiz if I speak I'm in big trouble.

Generally speaking you'd expect players moving within the league to need less of an adaptation which is why the Trossard signing made sense as it was in January. For the summer we should look for quality first and foremost and 160m can get you a lot better than a donkey and Caicedo, as it is both would strengthen the squad but go straight to the bench.

Also negotiating for Caicedo means we'll spend all summer looking at that Brighton noncejournos tweets.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Some Brighton fan comments. They think he was a 40-50 million player and miss him. Also think he would have helped them win those tight games.

Do people wonder why Trossard lost interest after the World Cup for Brighton? Any chance of tapping him up? This is what I thought was done at the time. It's weird to think that he would down tools just because Belgium didn't perform well. Like what does that have to do with him playing for Brighton?

I think it's undeniable that we'd be better off with a pre-world cup, post Arsenal move Trossard. He's an excellent player who is a game changer. The more of them you have in your team/squad the better.

Unfortunately the Trossard we got back form the world cup was a Trossard that didn't look like he wanted to be here. His lack of effort was disappointing but perhaps understandable given his age, contract length and desire to play at the highest level possible.

It's a shame. I was hopeful that with him playing so well and the team looking so good he might see out the rest of the season and decide his future in the summer. I was even hopeful that if we made it to Europe he might consider being a key player with us as a better option than moving to a big six club and risking getting lost in the shuffle. Sadly it wasn't to be.

If he really didn't want to be here, which as an outside observer it appeared to be, then I don't really know what else the club could do? If he performed like he had in the immediate aftermath of the world cup he would bring no benefit to the team, his value wouldn't increase so how do we win?

We can't, so we sell him for as much as we can get. 27m seems fair in the circumstances. Yes he's a circa 50m player but that's if he has the contract length. In the same way that Cucurella isn't really a 60m+ player but that was what Chelsea had to pay because of his contract situation the reverse is true for Trossard.

I do wish he was still our player though.
If Trossard was still here , who would drop out the first 11? Ferguson . Mitoma, March ?

When he was here he was up and down , why he was like that is unimportant, yes he was brilliant on the good days but anonymous in many games. Caicedo is far more important to the team and we kept him.

The club was forced into a position by the player and yes we could we have got more possibly but we didn't in the same way we sold Cucurella for farmore than some clubs thought he was worth. Its the football market. To be fair I am more concerned we only got £13million for Burn.

Yes he is playing like a £40-£50 million player but he he has moved the best team in the PL , not surprising that he looks very good is it.
Potter spent his time here playing him in different positions and never got the best out of him. I don’t believe it had anything to do with the time of year.
The one player we give away was our best attacking player IMO. £40m it should have been. Contract length will be mentioned although these days that’s not a deciding factor for forwards.
Shame he wanted out. We miss him at times. Quality player.
Didn't expect him to become a starter for them but that is indeed what happened. Turning out to be a real bargain for Arse.
He had loads of anonymous games for us. Seems as though he needed the lure of silverware to be consistent.
I miss him. We don't have another player like him, on his day he was sublime.

Mitoma has certainly softened the blow, but I'd have loved to have had Trossard's versatility as an option still. He such an intelligent player, a craftsman and a real asset to any team. He's slotted right in at Arsenal, which is no surprise at all. I wish him well, can't blame him for jumping at that chance.
Not really - he was consistent in his time with us

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz

I'd personally go for:

Trossard - Jesus - Saka

Why would you drop Martinelli after what he did to TAA at Emirates and form he is on?

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
White absolutely did not hit the ground running he looked awful at first and had long dodgy spells in his first season. Partey Gabriel (and Saliba as soon as we let him) on the other hand looked brilliant from day one. Jorginho and Luiz if I speak I'm in big trouble.

Generally speaking you'd expect players moving within the league to need less of an adaptation which is why the Trossard signing made sense as it was in January. For the summer we should look for quality first and foremost and 160m can get you a lot better than a donkey and Caicedo, as it is both would strengthen the squad but go straight to the bench.

Also negotiating for Caicedo means we'll spend all summer looking at that Brighton noncejournos tweets.
Screw Brighton let them go get screwed on Thursdays in Kazkhstan and don’t pay that prima donna Bloom a penny again. For 160 million outside Premier league we will get world class players. Caicedo is very limited player a pure water carrier.

Sparrahork

Shame we can't see Liverpool's line up before stating ours, martinelli will ruin taa but maybe not Gomez. Trossard crushes Gomez but not as effective as Nelli against TAA.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

To be fair, he didn't say exclusively & that's where I agree.

It's all about striking a fine balance by keeping our eyes open to talented players in the league who compliment us along with those we recruit from without.

Arsenal Quotes

A fan and a supporter behaves in different ways and what we have experienced in the last two games is pretty unique and is related to our history

Mikel Arteta
Top Bottom