• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Istanbald

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Jesus, just watched Mourinho’s interview. Babbling incoherent nonsense. Martial must be devistated to be hung out to dry so publically for failing to do his duty. And the long rambling OTT praise of Mc Tominay to justify his inclusion was embarrassing. A woman’s voice can be heard trying to stop the interview, which eventually she does, and according to Sky it was a club press officer cutting it short. :lol:

To think this man criticised Wenger. He’s not fit to shine his shoes.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
I need to watch the game... The melt seems too great to miss out.

It's not like this was not predictable. From the highlight to WHs third goal... You can see how little effort there is to actually stop that from happening. I need to watch the full game to truly enjoy this :lol:

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

he's going to become more desperate to get out of United than he ever was here

I hate saying 'serves him right', but ............ serves him right

Honestly don't think he will be desperate what with that huge salary . Think him and Pogba will get Jose removed .

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Jose seems a beaten man. In his pomp he had the game to back up his arrogance..........now all that seems to be left is his arrogance.

Make no mistake, as hated as he is by all Arsenal fans, he backed up his war of words with Arsène by generally humiliating him on the pitch. In his prime he was a winning machine but his tactics seem outdated and he seems lost as to how to get the best of a very, very expensively assembled UTD. side. Living in the past, yet it was only 3 1/2 years ago that he won the league with Chelsea.

United had issues even before they appointed Jose. Much like their manager though, all that seems to be left, is their arrogance as they can't back up their talk on the pitch.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Business masterstroke? o_O

I disagree, Sanchez would be doing as well as Mkhi has for us, had we kept him, at the bare minimum.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Business masterstroke? o_O

I disagree, Sanchez would be doing as well as Mkhi has for us, had we kept him, at the bare minimum.

You are not looking at this properly.

Sanchez had 6 months left in his contract and he demanded something around 350k at the very least, at United he is now getting 433k minimum according to reports, some even taking this up to 500k.

We couldn't have kept him. We replaced him with someone who, no matter how inferior he is, had 2,5 years left on his contract (iirc) and gets paid 140k p/w.

That means: We paid 35m to get 3,5 years out of Sanchez at whatever wage he was before he left (not that high,) AND 4 years of Mkhitaryan at 140k p/w. Man Utd paid 38m to get 1,5 year out of Mkhitaryan at whatever wage he was before he left, AND 4 years out of Sanchez at 433k+ p/w.

Basically what happened is we ripped them off with this swap. We got the best years of a better player at a low sunk cost (wages) and then recouped the last fraction of that investment to have another player in his place. It doesn't matter how inferior he is, he does a job and doesn't cost much. Doing the math, Mkhitaryan cost us less than... 4,5m (!!!) in transfer fee, while Sanchez cost United over 23,5m. That is NOT including wages, and Sanchez is a burden on that front.

I mean... Are you kidding me?

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
You are not looking at this properly.

Sanchez had 6 months left in his contract and he demanded something around 350k at the very least, at United he is now getting 433k minimum according to reports, some even taking this up to 500k.

We couldn't have kept him. We replaced him with someone who, no matter how inferior he is, had 2,5 years left on his contract (iirc) and gets paid 140k p/w.

That means: We paid 35m to get 3,5 years out of Sanchez at whatever wage he was before he left (not that high,) AND 4 years of Mkhitaryan at 140k p/w. Man Utd paid 38m to get 1,5 year out of Mkhitaryan at whatever wage he was before he left, AND 4 years out of Sanchez at 433k+ p/w.

Basically what happened is we ripped them off with this swap. We got the best years of a better player at a low sunk cost (wages) and then recouped the last fraction of that investment to have another player in his place. It doesn't matter how inferior he is, he does a job and doesn't cost much. Doing the math, Mkhitaryan cost us less than... 4,5m (!!!) in transfer fee, while Sanchez cost United over 23,5m. That is NOT including wages, and Sanchez is a burden on that front.

I mean... Are you kidding me?
Yes, we could not have, but would we not have been better off just selling Sanchez for 35 million to City instead? We never really needed Mkhi, we needed a winger.

Mind, I don't hate Mkhi, but it's not a masterstroke. We made the best out of a bad situation

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Yes, we could not have, but would we not have been better off just selling Sanchez for 35 million to City instead? We never really needed Mkhi, we needed a winger.

Mind, I don't hate Mkhi, but it's not a masterstroke. We made the best out of a bad situation

Mkhi basically came here "on a free" (under 4,5 million as I said) which wasn't a bad deal. Could it have been better to pass Mkhi "on a free" and get, say, 50m for Sanchez in the summer? Or 60 as some reports claimed? Probably yes, but then you need to find the right player and you lose those 6 months from Sanchez. And if we got, say, Zaha (and let's just suppose it's a given he is the winger we need and a superior player than Mkhitaryan too) for 60m, it is very unlikely (actually out of the question) that we could've gotten away with paying him "just" 140k p/w, because when you pay a transfer fee like that agents demand crazy wages for the transfer to go through. Our deal was great because we got a good player on the cheap - maybe selling Sanchez in the summer would get us a better player, but that would be the case provided we bought wise, and that player would still actually cost more than Mkhi anyway because of wages.

Nonetheless, that article is about Man. Utd, so in that context it was a masterstroke by us because they got robbed, the assumption is that they bought a shot player that demanded a pay over the odds. It doesn't take into account what we could've done earlier with Sanchez. It was still an amazing deal for us, the fact that maybe it could've been much better is all ifs and buts based on reports and not actual knowledge. Who says we couldn't have sold Sanchez a couple of summers ago for 150m, would that have been an even better deal? etc

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider

Latest posts

Top Bottom