• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

There's no lower the Lowe. You want a man who grades his own knob cheese and fingers his own anus and sniffs it in front of millions, on our bench? Makes the thought of Mourinho almost palatable.

Had to get the AM fan favourite thrown into the mix. Could be in with a sniff.

ZwHzq9e.png

pikey2000

I like this point reference allowing him to talk in his native langauge to get the point over about what he is trying to do, i for one would like to have him do that and translate what he is trying to do rather than the muddled semi English he is coming out with at present.

To me though, even if he does get the opportunity to explain things in his own language which then translates to us a better picture of what he is trying to achieve it would appear from the outside looking in that the players are confused and you simply cannot explain changing your formation and starting 11 every week as anything other than being lost and not sure how to fix it.

Writing is on the wall for me, hope i'm wrong, hope he turns it around, hope the wheels come off at Leicester/Chelsea, but to be honest there is an equal change the wheels comes off of one of those two and one of Utd/Sp**s get their **** together and leapfrog us.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Gio van Bronckhorst apparently works behind the scenes at Man City and is deemed to succeed Guardiola. Could (have) be(en) an interesting option for Arsenal, too.

Steps

**** this, "The fans need to be more sensible" nonsense.

You know what waiting till the end of the season is going to do at our current pace? To list a few:
  • No European football of any kind
  • Players clamoring to leave because of no European football (and rightly so, in some cases)
  • Further degradation of the Arsenal brand/name/heritage, leading to:
    • Failure to attract new talent
    • Mid-table mediocrity
    • Missing out on top managers
    • Potential sponsorship reductions
Absolutely asinine to preach calmness at this stage.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

FFS, I didn't know Ballague was that class !
Amazing analysis. I am for getting a new face in, but as much as we don't want to hear it, we are exaggerating big time and it has been a problem for years now.

The atmosphere, the pressure, the judgement the media has loved to put upon us has been soaked up by the fan base far too easily.
There have been bad decisions and ****ty results more often than not, but despite this , if the fans as a whole would keep cheering the team full tilt, the team would perform better, would go 4th.

Do they always deserve it ? No. But it still makes a big difference.

Reactions: A_G

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
What is this stuff about there not being a competitive environment before Unai arrived? Just crap imo, we were always competing near the top even if not getting all the way there.
I think he means the culture of the club. Others have alluded to it over the years, players are a bit too comfortable in their surroundings and that there's a lack of accountability. Not sure Unai has a strong enough personality to change anything in that regard, though.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
FFS, I didn't know Ballague was that class !
Amazing analysis. I am for getting a new face in, but as much as we don't want to hear it, we are exaggerating big time and it has been a problem for years now.

The atmosphere, the pressure, the judgement the media has loved to put upon us has been soaked up by the fan base far too easily.
There have been bad decisions and ****ty results more often than not, but despite this , if the fans as a whole would keep cheering the team full tilt, the team would perform better, would go 4th.

Do they always deserve it ? No. But it still makes a big difference.

It's absolutely okay to turn on the manager after 1.5 seasons of not just even nothing, but regression. There's nothing in Emery's time here to suggest he will or even can turn this around.

Preacher

Always Crying
There is no way in hell, that Emery will turn around our season. First of all, he doesn't have personality to do it. Tactics are beyond it, if players don't believe coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season
Top Bottom