• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
I'm not sure he's what we need anyway, I think the manager we needed has just gone to Tottenham, the only other manager I want now is Simeone but that isn't happening.

I'm not bothered about fancy football right now, I wanted a Jose type to just make us hard to beat and assholes on the pitch, I'm sick and tired of this loser/weak mentality we have.

Only manager available and fits that description is probably Allegri.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
The weak mentality managers can't fix the problem is more deep

I think they can with a clear out and buying the right type of player with the right mentality, but if it is more deep rooted I want a manager like Jose who would have told us why.

Its been this way ever since the invincibles were torn apart.

I think we need to just buy a load of assholes, send the scouts on a mission to find players who may not be the best but are just nasty with the win at all costs mentality, South America usually has a load of them... always brings me back to Simeone :(

Predicates

But like I said, it would depend on how legit the Barca interest is. If it's real, then forget about it he'd already be above our level.

Gallardo would be a very interesting choice. He's never managed in Europe before so it would be a gamble, but if it paid off we would be laughing.

I don't think there's any confirmation he's going to Barcelona as of yet, it's all just media speculation at the moment.

The board does know that keeping Freddie as caretaker is an option, right?
It doesn't matter if a good manager's not available. Emery is failing, he has to be sacked.

Yeah, personally I think if Emery has to be sacked then we should go for Ljungberg until the season's end. No point endangering our long-term prospects by appointing a short-term fix when our CL prospects are already dead and buried.

Only exception I would make is Rafa Benitez, if he can be persuaded to leave China.

Wryer

Gallardo would be a very interesting choice. He's never managed in Europe before so it would be a gamble, but if it paid off we would be laughing.

I don't think there's any confirmation he's going to Barcelona as of yet, it's all just media speculation at the moment.

Yeah, personally I think if Emery has to be sacked then we should go for Ljungberg until the season's end. No point endangering our long-term prospects by appointing a short-term fix when our CL prospects are already dead and buried.

Only exception I would make is Rafa Benitez, if he can be persuaded to leave China.

Not sure about Benitez.

But I would go for the same approach - put Ljungberg in charge in the interim, and keep us in the league (no, I'm serious). Then think about it again in the summer with proper budgets and rethink.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
The guy who just lost his job to Enrique. Robert Moreno, I liked his Spain team during the qualifiers. Only 42 but he's involved in behind the scenes of football for some years. Could he be an option? Normally I'm against bringing International coaches to club football but I'm done with Emery and I would probably take Tony Pulis in this moment of time

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The guy who just lost his job to Enrique. Robert Moreno, I liked his Spain team during the qualifiers. Only 42 but he's involved in behind the scenes of football for some years. Could he be an option? Normally I'm against bringing International coaches to club football but I'm done with Emery and I would probably take Tony Pulis in this moment of time

A lot of people look to foreign coaches just like we look for foreign players too often. I am not sure why we look down on buying the best players from smaller clubs and why we are only considering foreign management options.

We need a manager to build something with an exciting brand of football. Allegri had an overpowered Juventus team, Nagelsmann played the most eye gauging brand of football at Hoffenheim, Ten Hag doesn't inspire confidence defensively and seems like a one trick pony.

Why not go for a young manager, who knows the league, who has built a club on no budget, who plays an attacking brand of football with players inferior to ours.

We could poach Eddie Howe now. He didn't turn down the opportunity as he may not get it in the summer. He is an offensive manager. So what could he do with elite offensive players? Probably a hell of a lot more than most of the names being touted.

We are too picky at Arsenal. We consider ourselves classy but we don't want to accept the state of our club. We are a Europa league team. We need a rebuild and a manager who is capable of doing it.

Ashybashy86

A lot of people look to foreign coaches just like we look for foreign players too often. I am not sure why we look down on buying the best players from smaller clubs and why we are only considering foreign management options.

We need a manager to build something with an exciting brand of football. Allegri had an overpowered Juventus team, Nagelsmann played the most eye gauging brand of football at Hoffenheim, Ten Hag doesn't inspire confidence defensively and seems like a one trick pony.

Why not go for a young manager, who knows the league, who has built a club on no budget, who plays an attacking brand of football with players inferior to ours.

We could poach Eddie Howe now. He didn't turn down the opportunity as he may not get it in the summer. He is an offensive manager. So what could he do with elite offensive players? Probably a hell of a lot more than most of the names being touted.

We are too picky at Arsenal. We consider ourselves classy but we don't want to accept the state of our club. We are a Europa league team. We need a rebuild and a manager who is capable of doing it.
I watched a snippet of Howes coaching and I liked what I saw. Very clear on what he wants his players to do. Not sure he'd solve our defensive issues though.

Tony's nose

Exactly this short sighted fan base think european coaches are the answer, howe looks a diamond waiting to be picked imho. If it goes wrong then back on the management merry go round.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Oh what I'd pay to have someone that actually matters, someone who is on the board, to shout out all the details of everything that happened from Wenger's final years to now.

Someone to finally bring down that wall, leaving us in full transparancy as to who did call what shots and why.

When was Wenger reluctant to spend money, when couldn't he because the board loves money more than that ?
Who Wanted Arteta, who dropped him for Emery? Who makes transfer deals about every penny there is without leeway to go up?
Who decided we don't need Kante when we could've gotten him over Chelsea?
Who is really delaying Emery's fall now ?

Infinite questions, not a single answer.
I hate that we are left in the world of assumptions like in forever, probably exactly what they want so that we can fire at random people, sometimes justified, sometimes totally not.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Oh what I'd pay to have someone that actually matters, someone who is on the board, to shout out all the details of everything that happened from Wenger's final years to now.

Someone to finally bring down that wall, leaving us in full transparancy as to who did call what shots and why.

When was Wenger reluctant to spend money, when couldn't he because the board loves money more than that ?
Who Wanted Arteta, who dropped him for Emery? Who makes transfer deals about every penny there is without leeway to go up?

I hate that we are left in the world of assumptions like in forever, probably exactly what they want so that we can fire at random people, sometimes justified, sometimes totally not.
I wish someone can dish the dirt. How can there be no one involved at the club wanting to clear their name by just pointing the finger at the actual guilty parties?!

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I think if Arteta was as close to getting it last time as was rumoured then going back for him might be the obvious thing to happen (if they bin Emery). He’ll also be cheap and easily gettable midway through the season. You can also keep in place a few of the assistants we already have because he doesn’t have his own coaching team.

RacingPhoton

Established Member

I think the Arteta matter is clear after his recent interview. The board wanted him. Maybe it was Ivan. An offer was made and Arteta was prepared to move. But Arteta changed his mind in the last minute. He felt that it was not the right time for him to make that move. Maybe the board saw him as a long term coach for us and chose Emery as a temporary solution which worked badly for us.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Need an english manager that can give these useless refs a strong talking to. I'll take Wilder, Howe at this point. Always felt Utd got a disproportionate number of decisions for them because the refs didn't want to face up to Ferguson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom