• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Predicates

It's beginning to feel as if we are fated to be managed by Arteta sooner rather than later - in fact I seem to remember reading around the time he went to City that his plan was to learn his trade under Pep and then return to Arsenal
I feel like Arteta is a backup option if their first-choice candidate (probably Pochettino or Allegri) is unavailable.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
He also completely made up a story about Celtic legend Danny McGrain making him look like some sort of beggar.

Then completely made up a bizarre story about an old woman called Patsy who had a ‘Brendan scarf’ and stayed across the road from the team hotel and waited outside it every week for him to see him getting on the bus. Turns out no woman called Patsy lived there and no woman ever waited for the bus at the hotel.

Made up a story about how stuck under a bridge in traffic in Glasgow some guy ran up to has car thinking he was looking for a fight only to tell Brendan that he was a Rangers fan and thanked Brendan for coming to Glasgow...
:lol: What is wrong with the man?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
:lol: What is wrong with the man?

EC-V0XZWkAAjIe9.jpg

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He also completely made up a story about Celtic legend Danny McGrain making him look like some sort of beggar.

Then completely made up a bizarre story about an old woman called Patsy who had a ‘Brendan scarf’ and stayed across the road from the team hotel and waited outside it every week for him to see him getting on the bus. Turns out no woman called Patsy lived there and no woman ever waited for the bus at the hotel.

Made up a story about how stuck under a bridge in traffic in Glasgow some guy ran up to has car thinking he was looking for a fight only to tell Brendan that he was a Rangers fan and thanked Brendan for coming to Glasgow...

Not a single Celtic player sent him a message or posted about him when he left. A few who were regulars and leaders in the team actually took digs at him.

Rodgers is someone who gets players to hit the ground the running and improves them individually and has the teams almost over performing when he first goes in. After a year or two it goes completely stale and the lack of structure starts to get exposed and he gets completely found out.

Look at his record in European competition.

He’d probably get us top 4 for a couple games of years before we’re on the exact same position we were under Wenger.

The whole club needs a mentality change. Someone like Poch or Nuno who’ll come in straight away and set the team up and give it some sort of steel and get rid of the ****ebags and give the team some fight and a plan.

Those Brendan stories

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Good, give him a chance until the end of the season.

"We feel he is the right person in the moment to take the club forward," Kroenke told the Arsenal website.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Can I just ask, what is the go about hiring new managers in football, like in general jobs do the managers have to apply an interest & apply for the role or does the board just go up & contact their interests to see if they would be keen on the role & go from there?

Those Brendan stories

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
From the midlands, this is how I see it. Rodgers, when asked about the speculation, set about a rambling reply, stating how wonderful the world is. Never once has he denied it. If you appoint Ljunberg till summer, Buck will jump ship, and tell us that its an opportunity he “couldnt turn down”. If I were you, its the outcome I would want, but an Ulsterman, with seasons of Premier League experience, and multiple trophies in Scotland, is not going to be ,”sexy”enough for you. You would rather appoint one of two coaches who have won the sum total of f**k all. If he changed his name to, “Rodgersinho”, you might change your mind.

Ewarwoowar

From the midlands, this is how I see it. Rodgers, when asked about the speculation, set about a rambling reply, stating how wonderful the world is. Never once has he denied it. If you appoint Ljunberg till summer, Buck will jump ship, and tell us that its an opportunity he “couldnt turn down”. If I were you, its the outcome I would want, but an Ulsterman, with seasons of Premier League experience, and multiple trophies in Scotland, is not going to be ,”sexy”enough for you. You would rather appoint one of two coaches who have won the sum total of f**k all. If he changed his name to, “Rodgersinho”, you might change your mind.
I'd fancy he'd probably change his name to Shirley and force the gig through positive discrimination.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
It's beginning to feel as if we are fated to be managed by Arteta sooner rather than later - in fact I seem to remember reading around the time he went to City that his plan was to learn his trade under Pep and then return to Arsenal

He was offered a coaching job to learn his trade under Wenger, if that was his plan then the obvious thing would have been to take that and not turn it down for the same role at a rival club.
That would have been better preperation for this job than working under Pep, firstly our players aren't good enough to play the way Pep does (he says himself he needs the best players in the world) and secondly he's unlikely to give MA a lend of his doctors.
Thirdly our players will all be sent off for cynically preventing counter-attacks, they'll be a sudden clamp down on it.

If you are going to appoint someone with zero managerial experience then give Freddie a chance, club legend, winner as a player, smart guy and has experience working with the players already.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Every club during their re-building phase eventually need to appoint previous club legends/players as their managers/assistant managers, for me this is no better time. apart from Pochettino or Rogers, for me this is a good time to appoint Arteta, keep Ljungberg (depending on results) or even Viera eventually.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
there will never be a better time to appoint Arteta, as after the Emery fiasco more of the fanbase are up for it, and if we don't go for him now it's likely Everton will be after him

I still cannot believe how much Arteta backing there really is from our fan base, I don't want to repeat whats been said multiple times about his credentials but for me its pure madness, don't think I have ever seen this much backing for a no.2 in my life, I personally would expect this type action to be wanted by lower level PL/Championship clubs, not a club of our size.

Is he good or not, I genuinely don't know but it is just baffling for me to see him even linked and wanted so strongly by so many when no one actually knows what he even does as a no.2 that is so great he could manage one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Poll:

Poch
Brendan
Freddie (temp only)
Other: there don't actually seem to be much out there right now, we kind of missed the merry go round a few years back, all the new hype managers come with question marks, Ten Haag for example has question marks over consistency, which unfortunately brings me back to Arteta, people raise question marks over Allegri, Brendan, Poch but then are ok with Arteta..? :confused:

I am quite interested in Marcelo Gallardo over at River Plate, not sure he should be the one but what he has done is exceptional and I think the club need to investigate that one especially if we can take advantage of the South American market.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Thought Gazidis wanted Arteta and Sanllehi wanted Emery. The latter won over the board/Kroenkes. No?
I thought they said Emery's powerpoint presentation blew Gazidis/Sven/Raul away and that's how he got the job. Honestly don't know what the truth is anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom