• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

clovis

Imagine if these Arsenal fans were Benfica fans in the year 2000... and they hear that the club are hiring a manager whose only experience is to serve as Bobby Charlton’s translator at Barcelona..

Yes I am talking about Mourinho..

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
We were told that Cech is an experienced winner and we pushed Szczesny out of the club for him..

We offered Arteta to work with some trash academy kids because he was experienced, while Pep straight up asked him to be his #2..

We were told that Emery is an experienced winner and we are wrong to choose Arteta over him..

Then we were told that the Juventus geezer is an experienced winner who will challenge Bellerín but we all saw his impact..

We signed Saliba and loaned him back so that we can buy the experienced clown from Chelsea..

Now we are told that Ancelotti is an experienced winner.. never mind the fact that his best days are well and truly behind him..

Arsenal fans and their f*ck all idea of experience.. we don’t learn do we.
Arsenal fans want a good coach, not an experienced coach

Leeroy1979

I only posted facts. In the last few years our obsession with experience has only let us down..

Regarding Saliba if we really wanted we could have kept him at the club without sending him back, but we felt we needed an experienced head to replace Koscielny so we bought the clown from Chelsea..
World of difference when talking about experienced players who's legs have gone and an experienced manager tho. I don't want ancelotti to play on the right wing for us

clovis

Arsenal fans want a good coach, not an experienced coach

they are ruling Arteta out because he is inexperienced. They are not ruling him out because he is not good or bad..

the number of experienced and good managers that are available isn’t great. If we can’t get someone like Poch then we need to unearth a great manager who is waiting for his break..

If we reject Arteta again and he goes on to have a successful career we will look like absolute mugs who didn’t have any courage..

clovis

World of difference when talking about experienced players who's legs have gone and an experienced manager tho. I don't want ancelotti to play on the right wing for us

managers lose their touch as well. Ancelotti and Wenger are prime examples.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
they are ruling Arteta out because he is inexperienced. They are not ruling him out because he is not good or bad..

the number of experienced and good managers that are available isn’t great. If we can’t get someone like Poch then we need to unearth a great manager who is waiting for his break..

If we reject Arteta again and he goes on to have a successful career we will look like absolute mugs who didn’t have any courage..
It's easy to say "give it Arteta" when you don't risk anything.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Along other things, you were calling people this in the summer too when they were against Fraser and Praet.

I'm pretty sure I've never called anyone here Debbie Downer before.

Also, considering the budget Arsenal was alleged to have been stuck with, Ryan Fraser would have made perfect sense. But this isn't really the place to be rehashing all that.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
On the fence with Ancelotti, pros and cons. If he comes it will be a very different job than his last ones. At Real, Chelsea and Bayern he come to settled teams that had had been winning titles. My impression is that he doesn`t like to change too much, more little tweaks.

You`d also wonder if his hunger and appetite is the same as before and high enough to sort out the mess we are in.

While it seems he`s not the most hands on coach, I don`t believe the stories about him hardly doing any coaching and Bayern players having to organize extra sessions by themselves to keep fit. Ibrahimovic said he was the best coach he`d ever had and I doubt he would say that just because he liked him on a personal level.

On the positive side with his background he will certainly command the respect of the players. He seems to be very popular with most of the players he has coached and I don`t buy into this idea about our players just needing a disciplinarian to come in and get them playing again.

Leeroy1979

managers lose their touch as well. Ancelotti and Wenger are prime examples.
I think the 20+ years wenger spent here played some part in the need to move on to new ideas and a new voice. I'm actually ok with ancelotti...I think he's done ok with Napoli and Bayern eats managers. For the here and now I think it's an ok call. If we were further down the line and didn't have so much to do I'd go for a younger innovator. Personally I'd like poch or arteta but in just saying I think ancelotti isn't the worst idea I've heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom