• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

January is a hard market though, it tends to be how you end up with duds on long contracts.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

We literally tried signing Upamecano for 60M at the end of the transfer window, the board know what we need.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It's kinda hard trying to think of a team that'd suite Arteta (assuming his approach will be similar to Pep that is) based on our current options.

Leno
Bellerin Chambers Luiz Tierney
Xhaka
Özil Ceballos
Pepe Aubameyang Martinelli
I'd assume that's probably closest to what Arteta's ideal starting XI based on what he has at his disposal. Midfield clearly sticks out as lacking in terms of athleticism but then you don't think that Torreira or Guendouzi could do the job that Arteta would want from his number 6, Guendouzi might be able to do it eventually but now absolutely not. Maybe Willock might be in with a shout as one of the two "free 8's" (again this is only based on what Pep does) due to his athleticism and work rate. ESR also perhaps but I can't see Arteta just throwing all the young lads in, he'll want a bit of experience there as midfield is such a crucial position.

I probably don't need to say much about our CB options, getting one in January is essential. But it'll be difficult to get the right one in someone who's mobile and also good at passing out from the back.

You could argue we need two CB's, Bellerin is also kinda becoming unreliable, maybe a bit harsh to say that but you'd wan an alternative at least. Midfield is tough to say as we'd have to see how our current options do but you could argue a midfielder in the Fernandinho mold (no Torreira isn't it before anyone jumps in) could be required soon. Maybe a proper Özil replacement instead of relying on ESR or Willock to do the job but we'll see how they do.

Team selection is just a small part tho, the team will had to adapt to how Arteta wants them to be in a positional sense, structurally and how they operate in terms of stopping easy transitions and winning the ball back quickly. I.e the 5 second rule. Also not allowing our midfield to be overrun which has been a major problem for us for a long time now. Hence why I believe Arteta will play a 3 man midfield instead of a 2 in a 4-2-3-1.
I think only change Torreira in place of Xhaka city mostly play with ball winner holding midfielder like Fernandinho and now Rodri i don't xhaka has the quality to be that type of midfield

GDeep™

League is very weak
If this is to work, he’ll need to get rid of some deadwood and bring in reinforcements in January.

I can’t forget how some of the players in our squad treated Unai Emery and how easily they’ve given up at times during the past few months. Xhaka, Torreira, Mustafi and AMN can go in January then we can cash in on Lacazette in the summer.
Did the players give up or were they badly coached? I see a team who looked lost.

That said in the next few windows Arteta should dump a lot of these guys - Sok, Luiz, Torreira, Laca, even Bellerin, Xhaka, Özil.

But then fans will have to accept league finishes below 4 if we are to develop a new team. Like Utd now really.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Did the players give up or were they badly coached? I see a team who looked lost.

That said in the next few windows Arteta should dump a lot of these guys - Sok, Luiz, Torreira, Laca, even Bellerin, Xhaka, Özil.

But then fans will have to accept league finishes below 4 if we are to develop a new team. Like Utd now really.

I accept it fully. Want a total rebuild.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

January is a hard market though, it tends to be how you end up with duds on long contracts.

Although, we did sign Aubameyang in January.

For me, I’d rather we get rid of players in January, there’s no way we should be keeping a player who isn’t fully committed.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
So, which player will Arteta charm first with his magic wand? Hopefully, Xhaka becomes the new Pirlo...

Malky

Established Member
I liked him weirdly. Not a great player but means well.
I also liked him. Played with heart and showed alot of passion just let down by him not being able to grasp any English and his slight lack of intelligence.
I still prefer him to Sokratis, Luiz and Chambers.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Although, we did sign Aubameyang in January.

For me, I’d rather we get rid of players in January, there’s no way we should be keeping a player who isn’t fully committed.
Hard to see him kicking out players after spending one week with them. Doubt any movement will happen. He’ll asses his squad and make changes in the summer.

There might be player who we think are ****, that Arteta thinks he can improve and use.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Hard to see him kicking out players after spending one week with them. Doubt any movement will happen. He’ll asses his squad and make changes in the summer.

There might be player who we think are ****, that Arteta thinks he can improve and use.

A lot of people are gonna be surprised I think.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

It's a shame Emery destroyed the exciting youngsters confidence. Most people were pretty happy to see us sell the likes of Mkhi and were excited for Nelson but he looks like he has given up. It's one of the things I'm hoping Arteta will excel at, from what people say he could push Nelson and Saka up a level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm prepared to be committed to the club at least until we go into the new stadium. For me, it’s important that the club goes in there and that I make sure the team are at a very good level. After that, whether it’s me or someone else, the club will be able to compete at the highest level. But for me to run away now would not be fair.

Arsène Wenger after extending his contract on 2004
Top Bottom