• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Is that a dig at his weight? :lol:

Loool part of :lol:,no really,he had some good spells in different clubs.In Valencia and Liverpool he was good.In Inter and Real he was ****.Also i never liked his style of play when he was in Liverpool.Boring and you never knew how that ****s will play.

RoadrunnerReloaded

Wenger in February: "Yes, I will decide my future in March or April. I speak to the board but what's important is the club, not my future."

It is now May.
3F878D9A00000578-4442904-image-a-3_1493110191715.jpg

Rmpwelsh

Ideally, I would like Simone or Ancelotti if we could get either. I think that most likely we'll end up with Wenger sticking around another couple of years.

If he does step down though, I think we will end up with Pellegrini or some of that ilk. A manger who is unlikely to speak out against the board or cause any major issues at the top of the club. If it is Pellerini he won't be the man to push on to challenge for the league title, but keep us in the mix for top four.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Want neither Simeone nor Ancelotti. I want a manager like Pochettino...not any mercenaries.

Reason why no to Simeone because he can not speak English and his teams are boring. We shouldnt compromise our style for titles.

Jardim is a good candidate if we can get him.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Take Ancelotti in a heartbeat. Would straighten the team well enough.

Allegri and Jardim are my fav picks so far.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Also: Sampaoli to Argentina NT is "done", provided AFA (who are broke, I think) find a way around the severance dealio on Sampaoli's contract. IIRC it's in the millions range.

Would also be a good punt if we were in a hijacking mood. Of all the managers, I'd back him to get Alexis to sign a new contract the most.

Rmpwelsh

I would like Allegri, but thought he'd signed a new deal. I think there is a possibility that we could get Simeone if the right deal was offered. I didn't know he was on his way to Argentina, shame as he'd definitely be my number one.

At moment I just want to see some changes made. I think it'll push everyone on. I definitely don't want a former player who has very little experience as other has suggested. Hence an old head like Ancelotti who knows the league.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
People say Simeone but cmon after a few months or a season we will be bored to death of him and wont be happy unless hes going invinsible lol..

Im always rooting for the team who play against Athletico Madrid in the UCL because every game they play in they dead it out, just turning football into chess

I would happily take Allegri, Sampaoli, Jardim although all three probably wont move clubs or come to us. Maybe Joachim Lowe? I seriously dont know who apart from those three because in my opionion Tuchel is a bit overrated.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
****ing Arsenal. Always going for the budget options. Monchi was available :mad:

These next few seasons will truly show the mentality of the board. And im fully expecting it to be poor as expected.

I feel like we wont get a top sporting director or manager, we will go for second rate options. And I feel the reason isnt about the immediate pay (remember, we overpay Wenger so much), more about ambition or transfer kitty available.

We really deserve a big sporting director, a top manager and a big war chest available to him but who really thinks that will happen? Time will show the true colours of this clubs higher ranks when Wenger finally leaves

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
People mentioning 'managers' like Vieira, Henry, Bergkamp.

Cmon the task is hard enough rebuilding the team and now you want to give it to someone who's first proper managerial stint is with us?

We arent in a position to take any risks with potential **** shows or slow burning managers like Tuchel would probably turn out to be.. A few more bad seasons after Wenger leaves and what are we? To players we're just gonna look like what Sp**s and Liverpool have been in recent years

Need as top or experienced a manager as we can get, I pray that will be the case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom