• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

But why is it either Allegri or Arteta in people's minds???

A loud of reports starting going on about Allegri, then a few ITK's started mentioned Arteta while there's been a lot of talk about Arteta (or another young coach) in the media for weeks.

In truth tho, the candidates have yet to be interviewed (I assume anyways) and no one really knows anything at this moment.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
But why is it either Allegri or Arteta in people's minds???

Because they're the two leading candidates according to Chris Wheatley of Goal and Sky Sources. Plus the great ITK divide between the two of them.

Which means it's going to be Zorro Fonseca.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I like @Cazorlinho ’s point made a page or so back.

Why switch Wenger for Arteta? It actually doesn’t make sense to me.

With Wenger stepping down (largely a product of the toxic atmosphere created around the club the past couple of seasons), they need somebody. So the question isn't "why switch?" They have to switch to somebody. The question is "why Arteta?" I still don't think it will be Arteta because there are too many other qualified, experienced choices out there. It would be insane to hand it over to someone who has never managed and has very little experience in coaching at all.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
The whole notion that a top player will instantly become a top manager is bollocks in the first place. How they played in their playing career has no relevance to their ability as a manager. Wenger was a garbage player, so were plenty of other successful managers.

How is it bollocks ?

Pep
Zidane
Deschamps
Blanc
Conte
Simeone
Cappelo
Rijkaard
Dalgleish
Beckenbauer
Heynckes
Del Bosque
Ancelloti
Cruyff
Mancini
Getting tired thumbwriting here...
So What Tony failed at it (and shearer, zola and a few others)
The list of succesful or decent is still longer than the list of great players who failed utterly
The world is filled with great players turned great coaches

A bunch of Italian ex players are working their way up to, seems to be most common in Italy for some reason

Last edited:

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

So in four seasons at Juve Allegri has won four domestic doubles and reached two CL finals.

Even if he has the best squad, that's still an incredible achievement.

Four doubles in a row - sounds like he needs a new challenge. Welcome Allegri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom