• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

He's human bot. I would never understand how one person can tweet so much.

Especially with his career as a soldier, nurse, actor, director, Chips' grand-daughter and being a journalist to fill his days. (Sorry if I've forgotten any of his other jobs)

Reactions: A_G

Preacher

Always Crying
Especially with his career as a soldier, nurse, actor, director, Chips' grand-daughter and being a journalist to fill his days. (Sorry if I've forgotten any of his other jobs)
Your forgot wrestler:

DUBDTwXXUAgX109.jpg

:lol:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I get the gist of your argument, but why Arteta? Why not Nagelsmann or Jardim or some other young manager with experience and accomplishment behind him? Why not David Wagner, who was once to Klopp what Arteta is to Guardiola, but who has proven himself in areas where Arteta hasn't? Why not Vieira, for that matter? Why a complete novice? Just because he played for Arsenal? Would he even be considered otherwise? Is it because he looks nice? Is it because people project Guardiola's qualities onto Arteta?

I would also argue that getting back into the Champions League quickly is important; more so because Arsenal has an owner who is financially conservative. The attacking talent rivals any in the Premier League. The main attacking players are in their primes. Those prime years will be wasted if Arsenal embarks on a project to let the squad grow with the manager. So doesn't it make more sense to hire the person best-equipped to make the team competitive at the top quickly? That would put the club in better position to spend on players despite the conservative nature of ownership.

I also think it's a risk for Arteta. He might be a great manager someday, but if he fails in this his reputation will be tarnished. I think it would be to his benefit also to gain more experience and possibly manage a smaller club for a few years. It's a huge roll of the dice all the way around. And rolls of the dice come up craps more often than sevens.
All good points. It’s definitely a risk for Arteta.

But my understanding on the first para is that at least some of the identified managers didn’t want to come here. Allegri seems to have been the first choice which would have suited everybody.

Really strange having a football conversation without being called deluded. :lol:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
All good points. It’s definitely a risk for Arteta.

But my understanding on the first para is that at least some of the identified managers didn’t want to come here. Allegri seems to have been the first choice which would have suited everybody.

Really strange having a football conversation without being called deluded. :lol:
Pure delusion that!

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Seems like we’re actually doing this, get the vibe that Ivan wasn’t too fussed about missing out on Allegri or any proven name for that matter.

You definitely get the vibe that this modern Arteta approach is something he kind of wanted to try but couldn’t risk irritating the fans. Now that Allegri has apparently rejected us he’s free to go ahead with one of the craziest ideas of all time.

Going to have rival managers hacking Arteta’s iCloud for tips. This is a new era of cyber-football-warfare.
Asswipe.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I think Raul's pick of Enrique was probably genuine, but Gazidis must have persuaded our new DoF that we couldn't afford him

which tbf is no doubt true

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

I was the first to tell you to pile onto Arteta - in all seriousness, I hear that Moyes has been interviewed as his assistant.

Again, your heard it here first...

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
I was the first to tell you to pile onto Arteta - in all seriousness, I hear that Moyes has been interviewed as his assistant.

Again, your heard it here first...

:lol:

Imagine going from a manager of ManUtd to being an assistant to a guy who never managed before and is half your age.

Now banter off.

Changed my vote to yes. I placed a bet on the day Wenger resigned that Arteta would become manager. The way Ivan spoke (in that sham of a press conference he called) convinced me this was the road we were going down.

Exciting times ahead for us and I'm looking forward to it.

Wish Baldy would hurry up and announce so I can collect my cash
How much are you making on it?

Malky

Established Member
What happened to the PlugAFC?

He had a lot of sheep following him.

He'll be desperately trying to dig his way out the hole he put himself in.

Saying what he said behind a twitter account is one thing, but being delusional enough to say it on camera is another.

Kash

Arsène FC Supporter
only two candidates who we can get and who migjt be able to do the job.

Arteta
Benitez

Lets whether they go for youth or experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady
Top Bottom