• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan
Favre is very good coach every team he goes to he done well. i think it will be great replacement. where do you think Tuchel will end up next Arsenal if wenger does leave?

Favre is a good coach and coaches very good football, but I am not sure if he has the strength of character for the intense pressure he'd be under at Dortmund from the very first moment. He's not exactly got a good track record when it comes to pressure!

No idea regards TT honestly. I still think he'll be at Dortmund! although I've gone from being 100% sure to about 70% sure in the last week :lol:

Otherwise, the Prem of course can be a possibility being as he speaks great English, but who will need coaches next season? Its not like it was last 2 seasons when you had Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea and City changing coaches. I can't see him leaving Dortmund to go to the likes of Southampton or West Ham. Of course Arsenal would be a prime opportunity that he would surely go for, but again, it's not set in stone you will change coach right?

Whatever he does, if he leaves he needs to be careful he doesn't get a reputation as being hard to work with.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
We don't deserve Ivan. The guy is a visionary and tries to move football forward, he shouldn't be a simple yes man at a third-tier club.

R4kYa.gif

scytheavatar

Established Member
We don't deserve Ivan. The guy is a visionary and tries to push football forward, he shouldn't be a simple yes man at a third-tier club without ambitions.

Bullcrap. I am not sure if he even understands why we need a Director of Football, if he seriously thinks it makes sense to have one while Wenger is still charge. No DoF worthy of respect will want to join us only to be Wenger's puppet.

ChefMan21

We really need a decision on his future sooner rather than later. I don't want us to be mucking around with signing a manager, and then having to enter the transfer market late becuse of a slow decision, come the end of the season. I also want us to lock a manager away early to avoid the usual end of season managerial movement shenanigans. We need to get our post-Wenger future off to a good start or risk becoming like Man Utd post-SAF.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

We really need a decision on his future sooner rather than later. I don't want us to be mucking around with signing a manager, and then having to enter the transfer market late becuse of a slow decision, come the end of the season. I also want us to lock a manager away early to avoid the usual end of season managerial movement shenanigans. We need to get our post-Wenger future off to a good start or risk becoming like Man Utd post-SAF.

Well said. We need a clean break.

It's unfathomable how the board see Arsène as the man to take the club forward when, amazingly enough, we've massively regressed in comparison to our rivals.

Liverpool:

By the modern era's standards a somewhat successful cup team who've had two occasional shots at the title, the most recent one 4 years ago. With Klopp at the helm, they're getting their act together & should they secure forth they'll be able to target that higher caliber player that might get them across the line in a title race.

Manchester United:

Fortunes have faltered ever since Sir Alex retired, won the FA Cup last season and look to be on the upswing with a serially winning if rather unsavory manager. They already have the ability to attract the most talented by writ of their considerable fortune and now are one match away from returning to the Champions League.

Sp*rs:

Our eternal whipping boys who've started getting thoughts above their station. The only thing about them worth respecting is their ambition to become a big club. A talented team no doubt, but to me if their Argentine leaves it'll damage them more than any number of players they recruit. Keep him around till they get into the new stadium & in the long run they might win something more significant than a league cup once every other decade.

Chelsea:

This is the most galling of all. A once perennial cup team who won the lottery that mere hours ago won their 5 premier league in 12 years & have soundly booted us off the mantle as London's premier team. They've the funds, personnel, location & will to compete on all four fronts which is exactly what I expect them to do next season.

By the end of next season we'll have gone 14 years without a title win & look nowhere near challenging let alone winning for the foreseeable future regardless of Arsène's situation.

{reed}

Poundland GDeep
Bullcrap. I am not sure if he even understands why we need a Director of Football, if he seriously thinks it makes sense to have one while Wenger is still charge. No DoF worthy of respect will want to join us only to be Wenger's puppet.
He's tried his best, but you can't beat Satan with an ice-cream stick. The 2008-2017 period has been a phenomenal piece of work by Ivan, but it's time for him to get a promotion. When Gazidis becomes the new MLS boss, in a few years any American football club will be more attractive for players than Arsenal, no doubt about it.

Last edited:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We'll know his future after the fa cup final he'll be out of contract in June so in final days of may the club will announce something.

GDeep™

League is very weak
First Henry, then Ljungberg, now Gazidis... Wenger kicks every Arsenal legend out of the club...
Uttter bollocks, all left for other opportunities. Henry chose Sky, Ljunberg got a good job offer etc.

Wenger made these guys legends, and then gave them coaching opportunities inside the club. Ljunberg got a senior gig at Wolfsburg, that's a big job.

Refuse to have people like you put a negative spin on such stuff.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Uttter bollocks, all left for other opportunities. Henry chose Sky, Ljunberg got a good job offer etc.

Wenger made these guys legends, and then gave them coaching opportunities inside the club. Ljunberg got a senior gig at Wolfsburg, that's a big job.

Refuse to have people like you put a negative spin on such stuff.

Henry was refused any kind of role when he took the sky job. He was willing to work as an assistant to the U18's or as a coach to the strikers but Wenger said no. Vieira came out and openly criticised Wenger for not helping him when he started out in his coaching career.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Henry was refused any kind of role when he took the sky job. He was willing to work as an assistant to the U18's or as a coach to the strikers but Wenger said no. Vieira came out and openly criticised Wenger for not helping him when he started out in his coaching career.
Henry was asked to pick Sky or Arsenal. Before he joined City there was talk Vieira rejected a role at Arsenal.

Wenger isn't mother Theresa. Keown is at Arsenal, scouted for Wenger, Bould is there, Pires is there, Ljunberg was there, Wenger let Henry come in, Arteta was offered a role etc.

Wenger has an open door policy for his older players, says so himself.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Wenger literally gave Henry a choice and he chose Sky, that's Henry's decision.
Henry willing to work for free means nothing. You can't slag off the club like he does now, and then come and work for that club on Monday morning.

I feel he plays to Sky btw, when he disses us. Weird, because a guy like Neville is more balanced - but Neville is much smarter though so that explains it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Robert Pirès was a fabulous player, world-class, and for a few years, before his injury, he was unquestionably the best left-midfielder in the world by far. He had incredible technique, he was smart, a finisher. He was a killer with a smile, the gentlest man in the world who suddenly drive the ball exactly where it was needed.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom