• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Liverpool 1 Arsenal 1 - Player Ratings

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
lets put it this way, you think Almunia would have made that save? nah.. he gets beat short side over his head from 12 yards wide of the goal

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
In fairness he didn't have much time to adjust, it was simply a case of getting the shot off as quick as he could. And it was a more than decent attempt.

For me Rosicky was our best player in the park. I had an inkling we might see more of him in the midfield this season and I hope it happens. He could be invaluable coming off the bench to up the tempo of games in midfield.

Captain

Established Member
USArsenal said:
lets put it this way, you think Almunia would have made that save? nah.. he gets beat short side over his head from 12 yards wide of the goal

I've seen Al make those types of saves many times.

It's when he has too much time that he strangely decides to duck underneath shots.

Captain

Established Member
Always, always leaves his near post exposed and goes low far too early when in a one on one situation. He's just rubbish.

Y va marquer

Established Member
Rosicky's shot was definitely a fine attempt, when I look at it in contrast to his miss against Barca away last season then I’m hopeful that we that we have Rosicky back to pre injury form.

Like a new signing :)

fabo

6.51 / 10
I thought it was a weak attempt tbh. Place it anywhere either side of Reina and it's in, looked pretty simple.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

USArsenal said:

AL's always been susceptible to shots to the near post for some reason all throughout his time at Arsenal .

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
Not sure whether this in the right spot, but just wanted to point out an incident i saw when watching this game.

Would of been late into the second half, we were chasing the game and couldn't get any fluency to our game. Our players were obviously frustrated and it was looking more and more likely that we would be coming away with nothing.

There was a 60/40 ball in favour of the Liverpool player that Vermaelen was contesting, and both players were approaching the ball at top speed.

The seconds leading up to it, i was cringing at the thought of what i was about to see. Pretty much an identical tackle to what broke Ramsey's leg and the same speed at which Eduardo's career was destroyed from.

As it unfolded though, there was no broken leg of the Liverpool player, no freekick, no intention to hurt the opposition player what so ever. Vermaelen approached the ball with his studs down to the ground and kept his foot low as we went for the ball without even contemplating taking the man. It was a solid tackle that we ended up winning the ball from, even though he had no right to!

That's the difference between a cultured defender and a thug like Shawcross that snapped Ramseys leg in half. These excuses about 'he isn't that type of player' or 'he let frustration get the better of him' or even 'it all just happened so quick' just shouldn't cut it anymore.

The fact that Cole got sent off for his tackle was justice finally being served and referee's finally making a stand. If Vermealen can control himself at such a high speed and in such a position, then there are absolutely no excuses as to why other defenders can't as well.

A magnificent defender that plays the game the way it is supposed to be played. Fortunately for us, it seems like Kosc is going to be the same sort of player.

phenn

Captain said:
So you could say that the shot lacked composure (whatever the reason was for that being the case).

In that he didn't have time to compose himself and get his balance for a better finish, sure.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

fabo said:
I thought it was a weak attempt tbh. Place it anywhere either side of Reina and it's in, looked pretty simple.

Yeah he didn't have to hit in with such force could have just passed it in to the bottom corner but I think he was trying to hit the top corner but he misjudged it and it curled back toward Reina .

est

watch?v=zbLerxKOSlA

Koscielny's performance. Hardly put a foot wrong the entire game. Should have done better for the first yellow, but overall an inspiring debut.

He seems to have a good understanding with Vermaelen as well.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom