• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
after tonights performance, i reckon Mascherano wont be returning. Alonso14 must be fearing its last year all over again. Yes, i know its only their 2nd game, long season, no panic button etc etc. But unhappy player 2 games in, no takeover looking like it will happen and didnt Torres mention his stay was conditional on them bringing in players and having financial backing... ummmm

Original_AAA

go49oner said:
Apparently our favourite club Barcelona had £12mil bid rejected for Mascherano. and now rumour has it he has refused to play tonight.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_6332046,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 46,00.html</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Barca seems willing to do whatever it takes to get their way. Probably talked Mascherano into striking.

Burnwinter

Established Member
Hope Hodgson sticks to his guns and his valuation of Mascherano. I'm sure if the transfer doesn't happen, Javier will be back on the pitch sooner rather than later.

It's far too late in the window, and far too insulting an offer for this to go through. More infamy for Barcelona.

mo50

Established Member
I hope he does leave. Liverpool's midfield is absolutely dreadful and lacks bite without him. I though he was one of their best players when we played them. It'll significantly weaken them and I would like for him to leave.

Mind you they are already very weak.

alonso14

Established Member
Staggeringly naive management by someone so experienced

a 4-4-2 with the top uptop being N'gog and a Torres stuggling for sharpness

Lucas and Gerrard were over ran time after time...and I didnt think they played that bad....

plus a centre half playing as full back

The main worry being that he refused to change it when it was clearly not working...His first sub was on 75 mins when we were 3-0 down

That said, apart from the goals the keeper didnt make a save...which was weird considering were comprehensively outplayed

The only thing I would say is that Mascherano refused to play after training on Sunday and Poulsen had a knock which meant he could only be on the bench......**** house trick

I was sat in with the City fans with a mate of mine, and someone behind me summed it up perfectly when there were minutes left

"Thing is, it's great this but it doesnt feel like we have battered Liverpool, it feels like we have put three past Bolton or Blackburn"

Very sad

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member
I hope he leaves. He'd be an awful fit in Barca and would probably be behind Busquets. Liverpool would lose a valuable player who is quality in big games.

It'd be lose lose for both the sides.

Kain

Established Member
How would you of changed the team selection out of interest Alonso, given last nights team and bench plus the missing Joe Cole though even he himself can't be considered a one man army. (plus the benefit of hindsight on the result and performance)

Your bench consisted of Jones, Aurelio, Kyrgiakos, Rodriguez, Poulsen (carrying injury), Pacheco & Babel. Two nil down after 52 minuets, the team talk at Halftime sure didn't seem to work. Mourinho, Ferguson & Wenger combined couldn't conjure up a point with them as a choice of substitutions.

alonso14

Established Member
Kain said:
How would you of changed the team selection out of interest Alonso, given last nights team and bench plus the missing Joe Cole though even he himself can't be considered a one man army. (plus the benefit of hindsight on the result and performance)

Your bench consisted of Jones, Aurelio, Kyrgiakos, Rodriguez, Poulsen (carrying injury), Pacheco & Babel. Two nil down after 52 minuets, the team talk at Halftime sure didn't seem to work. Mourinho, Ferguson & Wenger combined couldn't conjure up a point with them as a choice of substitutions.

I would never have gone in with a front two to start with,,,,

Even with Poulsen not 100% fit he has options....he could play Aurelio as a holding midfielder, he has played there before, he could even play someone like Spearing who could at least chase...

It does expose again the shambles of a squad we have, which is diminishing further with Aquilani going

****ing hell, I am harking back to the good ol' days of Nabil el Zhar as a sub

alonso14

Established Member
Gooner_Stu said:
after tonights performance, i reckon Mascherano wont be returning. Alonso14 must be fearing its last year all over again. Yes, i know its only their 2nd game, long season, no panic button etc etc. But unhappy player 2 games in, no takeover looking like it will happen and didnt Torres mention his stay was conditional on them bringing in players and having financial backing... ummmm

1. I fear it will be worse than last year, I hope it wont be obv

2. However I think a take over will happen

3. Torres said he was staying without conditions....However, if worst case scenario happens then he will leave next summer

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
alonso14 said:
3. Torres said he was staying without conditions....However, if worst case scenario happens then he will leave next summer

Pretty sure that its been mentioned that he wants some investment to be made, granted that its not a "condition" of his staying (poor choice of words on my part) but im certain ive atleast read papers saying he wanted money spent.

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member
Gooner_Stu said:
alonso14 said:

Pretty sure that its been mentioned that he wants some investment to be made, granted that its not a "condition" of his staying (poor choice of words on my part) but im certain ive atleast read papers saying he wanted money spent.

I think it was David Villa who said that Torres will move out if Liverpool don't sort out things in a year. As a player, obviously, Torres can't make such a demand in the press if he's staying.

ricky1985

Established Member
Hodgson will get it right, mate. He just needs time to understand his squad, and how best to set the team up. You won't win the League this year, but I'm willing to bet that by the end of the season you will be a much, much better team to the one we saw last night or last season.

You've got some good players and a very good manager - it's all just a bit of a mess right now.

Lord Dula

Established Member
I actually feel for Liverpool at the mo. Rather them up there than Sp**s or City.

They are so dependent on Gerrard or Torres doing something out the blue.

Pleased we didnt get Joe Cole. He slows it up too much, bit like Nasri.

Liverpool would do well to get money in from Mascherano, and Kuyt, then spend it on a striker to pull them out of this

outlaw_member

Established Member
I think Liverpool's prospects have gone down the drain, now that Aquilani has been loaned out and considering Mascherano's impending departure. I thought they had plenty going for them, until they inexplicably loaned Aquilani to Juventus. After a year of bedding in, I was expecting him to make a mark in the Liverpool team and become a key cog in their machine. Unfortunately for him, the clubs desire to massage J.Cole's ego has pretty much ended any future he had at Liverpool.

Nela

Established Member
The Aquilani situation seems rather ridiculous. They pay 4-5 million to Juventus for Poulson and then loan them Aquilani for free? I suppose they're hoping a good season will raise his fee and desirability on the transfer market. But it seems rather cruel to Aquilani. He leaves his hometown club to come to England and they ship him back to Italy, but not his home club, without ever really giving him a chance.

He's very injury prone, but he also seems like the type of player Liverpool are missing. I wonder if there's truth to the rumour that Joe Cole has been promised a central role and that's why Aquiliani has to go. If so, that could mean trouble for Liverpool because I'm not convinced by Gerrard in his deeper role and I'm not sure Cole will really deliver centrally.

Rorz

Established Member
Buying a player for £20m and then shipping him out on loan the next season is a joke, quite frankly. I feel bad for Aquilani, he probably wishes he never left Italy in the first place.

Liverpool need to get their act together, because they're a long, long way from getting 4th place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary

Latest posts

Top Bottom