• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loïc Rémy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Double_H

Established Member
Re: Loic Remy - The next Thierry Henry

never heard of him , he is french , no one is linked with him.

sound like an Arsène signing

Floating

Established Member

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSciRjZpsmk#t=2m53s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSciRjZpsmk#t=2m53s</a>

Remy's goal there reminds me a lot of Henry, actually. Speed, grace, and composure.

godfather

A player not going to the ACN.
A player not cup-tied.
A player who's value is not overly inflated
A player who is pacey
A player who is tall and lanky
A player who is technical - good movement, good passing
A player who is young
A player who is french speaking

I really can see the possibility of this one

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

Are we signing Goufrann again? actually wait isn't Theo the new Thierry? he even wears number 14! never seen Remy play socan't comment on him fairly. If he can genuinely play across the front 3 though I wouldn't complain i=if we signed him.

-vapour-

dave_rwr said:
Someone in the lobby posted the text from the article:

Loic Remy’s agent has revealed that the French frontman will leave Lille in the next 48 hours — and he didn’t rule out Arsenal as a possible destination.

The 23-year-old, like many prospects in his homeland, has been earmarked as ‘the new Thierry Henry’ and admittedly does have similar qualities to the former Gunner including blistering pace.

“Fiorentina and AC Milan? If they are interested they have to hurry up because in the next 48 hours, the deal could be done with another team, which isn’t Italian, said his agent Frederic Guerra.

“The Chief Executive of the club [who are interested] just called me and there’s an agreement. Is it Arsenal? I cannot comment about names or give any information about the country [of the interested team].”

Remy certainly fits the bill for Arsenal who are desperate for a goal-getting targetman in the absence of Danish striker Nicklas Bendtner. Gunners boss Arsène Wenger hasn’t ruled out buying a striker either, telling reporters today that anything is possible.

“It is very difficult in January to find players who are available for the Champions League, who are just good enough to play forArsenal and at the right price. You never know, but at the moment it is unlikely [that we will sign a striker].

“To buy more strikers would mean that to give them a chance to play you have to change the system. The system at the moment suits some players and the team very well. It raises many question, not only the investment potential but the whole balance of the squad.”

So why would he be leaving Lille exactly when he plays for Nice. It's not even like they're neighbouring cities, they are opposite end of the country.

It's a bit of a clutching at straws kind of link. Although godfather does make some good points at how much he fits into the bill right now. I have never witnessed him play though, but is he actually good enough or better than what we have? Else Wenger would never go with it. I'll just wait and see what happens.

est

-vapour- said:
So why would he be leaving Lille exactly when he plays for Nice. It's not even like they're neighbouring cities, they are opposite end of the country.
:lol:

Gooner_Stu

Established Member

Is being "The New Henry" the french equivilent of being "The New Maradon" in Argentina (usually filled with unfulfilled potential)

Just cant see us signing anyone else this window, and if we did, we all know it wouldnt happen in anything less then a +week long saga.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

Gooner_Stu said:
Is being "The New Henry" the french equivilent of being "The New Maradon" in Argentina (usually filled with unfulfilled potential)

Just cant see us signing anyone else this window, and if we did, we all know it wouldnt happen in anything less then a +week long saga.

It seems 'the new Henry' plays second fiddle to 'the new zidane' in France!!

Alfonso

Established Member

Great...

Another%2048%20Hours.jpg

nazo

Established Member

Alfonso said:

Brings back memories of the Arshavin thread. Next thing you know we're going to have pictures of random animals and maybe some llama's.

asajoseph

Established Member

AKA - come and get my player, because I'm not massively keen on where he's going.

AshburtonGhost

Might be us then, asa. They might be sh*tty they aren't getting as much money as they wanted! :p

asajoseph

Established Member

Might well be, especially as we seem to have a rep for paying poorly.

Then again, might be Rennes... Or indeed nobody at all...

asajoseph

Established Member

Well, we might, but that's basically an agent's sales pitch right there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom