• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick gould

Why did Arteta drop him. I thought he was back to his best only to be dropped in favour of Ceballos who is even less athletic. I have never seen a less athletic player than Dani, skillful though.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Why did Arteta drop him. I thought he was back to his best only to be dropped in favour of Ceballos who is even less athletic. I have never seen a less athletic player than Dani, skillful though.

Cause he only really played well in the Utd game and half of the Crystal Palace game? He was mostly meh afterwards.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

Arteta dropped him because he’s sh*t, why is it so hard for people to see this?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Arteta dropped him because he’s sh*t, why is it so hard for people to see this?

I'm actually astonished people just can't see it. Arteta favours Xhaka because he can pass it more than 5 yards and Ceballos because he can carry the ball. This isn't difficult. Arteta favours footballers based on their ability on the ball, pointing out Ceballos isn't the most athletic player on the planet is neither here nor there. Torreira isn't exactly a super athlete himself. Like I could understand if he was like Kante buzzing around, but Torreira is relatively slow in comparison.

People are just gonna have to accept the fact he just isn't that good.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I'm actually astonished people just can't see it. Arteta favours Xhaka because he can pass it more than 5 yards and Ceballos because he can carry the ball. This isn't difficult. Arteta favours footballers based on their ability on the ball, pointing out Ceballos isn't the most athletic player on the planet is neither here nor there. Torreira isn't exactly a super athlete himself. Like I could understand if he was like Kante buzzing around, but Torreira is relatively slow in comparison.

People are just gonna have to accept the fact he just isn't that good.
I'm actually astonished that people can't see when is Xhaka making those passes. It's usually when he is under no pressure, he has a lot of space to receive the ball, and if you double that free space, he can receive the ball and turn with it. Xhaka is absolute poverty on the ball compared to what other teams have in the same position. He was a mid table player before Arsenal, Arsenal is a mid table team thanks to him and he plays for a 3rd tier NT. If Arteta favours players with on the ball ability, Xhaka should be the first player to go to implement this system

Tir Na Nog

I'm actually astonished that people can't see when is Xhaka making those passes. It's usually when he is under no pressure, he has a lot of space to receive the ball, and if you double that free space, he can receive the ball and turn with it. Xhaka is absolute poverty on the ball compared to what other teams have in the same position. He was a mid table player before Arsenal, Arsenal is a mid table team thanks to him and he plays for a 3rd tier NT. If Arteta favours players with on the ball ability, Xhaka should be the first player to go to implement this system

Ok then why do you think Arteta favours Xhaka?

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Ok then why do you think Arteta favours Xhaka?
Inheritance. I don't think Arteta would ever have him on his team, but Douzi was a complete waste this season and Ceballos doesn't want to stay so it makes no sense to invest in him. Arteta plays him for the same reason Emery did

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Inheritance. I don't think Arteta would ever have him on his team, but Douzi was a complete waste this season and Ceballos doesn't want to stay so it makes no sense to invest in him. Arteta plays him for the same reason Emery did
We won't have to worry about that next season. Elneny is coming to save our midfield next season

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I don't think he is. I rate Ceballos more for the same position and Torreira is a level above both of them when being played correctly.
Xhaka's biggest advantage is his durability. He hardly ever gets injured unlike our other CM options.
It's hard to get dropped when your competitions are dropping like flies

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Xhaka's biggest advantage is his durability. He hardly ever gets injured unlike our other CM options.
It's hard to get dropped when your competitions are dropping like flies
His biggest advantage is the ability to fake his importance. Faking to be a leader by shouting, faking to helping defence by making dumb fouls, faking to be a passer taking the ball only when nobody marks him.
In reality:
- he is not a leader because his mistakes are often game changing and he doesn't take andy responsibilities
- even Elneny can play on the ball when nobody marks him and Xhaka mostly hides when there is a pressure on our team
-his defensive game is one of the worse I've ever seen including Denilson. The guy has no idea how to win the ball without making a penalty, getting yellows or making fouls in dangerous areas

That's basically my view on him

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
That's great, I don't mind if Arsenal stays a mid table team. I've made my peace with that and I'm only looking forward to seeing how some of the young players develop over the next 2 seasons.
I just wonder how many penalties, direct or indirect goal leading mistakes, red cards and all the good stuff Xhaka offers will Arteta need to change his opinion.

Anyway, it's Torreira's thread and for me, it's a bit shocking that after all we've seen for the last 3-4 seasons, people still see Xhaka as our number 1 midfielder and they'd be happy to see Torreira go. Unreal stuff

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
That's great, I don't mind if Arsenal stays a mid table team. I've made my peace with that and I'm only looking forward to seeing how some of the young players develop over the next 2 seasons.
I just wonder how many penalties, direct or indirect goal leading mistakes, red cards and all the good stuff Xhaka offers will Arteta need to change his opinion.

Anyway, it's Torreira's thread and for me, it's a bit shocking that after all we've seen for the last 3-4 seasons, people still see Xhaka as our number 1 midfielder and they'd be happy to see Torreira go. Unreal stuff

As bad as Xhaka is at least he offers something, that’s why he’s played. Torreira is just bad, I don’t understand why you love him so much he hasn’t shown anything his entire time here. An actual waste of a signing.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Lucas' first six months at Arsenal is better than any consistent form Xhaka has shown while here.

Tir Na Nog

So what I've learned is that Xhaka actually has no qualities he's just managed to dupe Arsène Wenger, Lucien Favre, Unai Emery, Mikel Arteta and Vladimir Petkovic into playing him. That's quite impressive.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
When Arteta get sacked due to his misguided trust in Xhaka, will Granit get something to take home with him...as that will be his hattrick of Arsenal managers he will have gotten sacked!

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
As bad as Xhaka is at least he offers something, that’s why he’s played. Torreira is just bad, I don’t understand why you love him so much he hasn’t shown anything his entire time here. An actual waste of a signing.
I keep seeing that but I never understood what that is. A playmaker that turns slower than a truck, incompetent defender that commits stupid fouls all over the place just because he doesn't have physical attributes or the brains to win the ball, and a midfielder who hides when defense players need to pass the ball to him. No thanks

My opinion on Torreira is based on his first 3 months with us and I saw a player who perfectly fits our game. I would say that he is or has the potential to be the best ball-winner in the league. He wins the ball cleanly with the amazing ability to read the game which results in many pass interceptions, he is solid on the ball (nothing special, just solid for a DMC) and has an excellent concentration. That's something you can work with and you can build your team around these attributes.

Not saying Torreira was great with us, but in his time here there were some very positive periods before Emery started to experiment with him. Recently, he had some good games again when played correctly.

The two of them can actually play together and will never stand in each other way, but to say that Xhaka is our number 1 midfielder is absolutely ridiculous. In form Torreira is a key player in our team like he was when he arrived

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
When Arteta get sacked due to his misguided trust in Xhaka, will Granit get something to take home with him...as that will be his hattrick of Arsenal managers he will have gotten sacked!
Think he already scored it with Ljungberg, and there is a hope that 4th Arsenal manager will be able to teach him how to play his role correctly, although that was the case since Wenger brought him here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The biggest things in life have been achieved by people who, at the start, we would have judged crazy. And yet if they had not had these crazy ideas the world would have been more stupid.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom