• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
man like lucky luke look ripped and fit and ready for the PL again, happy tears streaming down my face tbh

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

@Tir Na Nog watch Malcolm In The Middle first, it's still Cranston's best work imo.

I used to watch that all the time as a kid, great show.

As for Breaking Bad, I watched the first episode when I was in Uni I remember just not liking it at all and the episode felt like such a drag I didn't bother continuing with it. Like nowadays I don't watch much TV at all outside of Football, MMA, other sports or occasionally wrestling. I'm not a big guy for TV shows. Like I got these recommendations all the time from friends about different TV shows, I'd always watch maybe 2/3 episodes and just get bored with them very quickly so I just don't bother anymore.

LG10

Torreira is just the midfield version of Vermaelen; fans see him being all action, winning the ball with fancy tackles and love him because of it. This is making them ignore how his football brain is awful and how he's always out of position causing our midfield to be porous. Comparing him to Makalele is laughable and a denial of how Torreira would have played more under both Emery and Arteta if they actually trusted his defending.
This is quite off the mark. Torreira is very intelligent, his problem is his lack of physical qualities. When you’re slow, weak, and short you’re in huge trouble in the pl. He would be caught out of position in games because Emery moronically told him to be a box to box midfielder. When Arteta allowed him to be a dm that stayed deep and covered a narrow amount of the pitch he was back putting in good performances.

Fact is he’s our most intelligent midfielder, he’s an interception machine and is our only midfielder that understands how to block space.

Still would sell him to fund a complete midfielder like Partey mind. He’s much too limited physically as I discussed and he’s too poor on the ball. If he went to an atletico or Milan he’d be regarded as top class again, he’s built to excel in those leagues.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This is quite off the mark. Torreira is very intelligent, his problem is his lack of physical qualities. When you’re slow, weak, and short you’re in huge trouble in the pl. He would be caught out of position in games because Emery moronically told him to be a box to box midfielder. When Arteta allowed him to be a dm that stayed deep and covered a narrow amount of the pitch he was back putting in good performances.

Fact is he’s our most intelligent midfielder, he’s an interception machine and is our only midfielder that understands how to block space.

Still would sell him to fund a complete midfielder like Partey mind. He’s much too limited physically as I discussed and he’s too poor on the ball. If he went to an atletico or Milan he’d be regarded as top class again, he’s built to excel in those leagues.
Ideally, I'd want him and Xhaka sold. But it will be too drastic to sell both in one window

LG10

Ideally, I'd want him and Xhaka sold. But it will be too drastic to sell both in one window
Despite Xhaka’s obvious limitations he’s been quite good under arteta’s guidance so he’ll be here. If he has two quality midfield partners it would work. Hard part is of course finding and affording them.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We can't afford the kind of players that will come in and make him better. So the best thing is to bin him

Last edited:

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover

i don't think he is poor on the ball but well said on the rest
still, love the guy. such class
ideally he stays and we bring Partey or so...if he didn't already decide to go

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
People saying Torreira is a bad player are way off the mark. He's a very good player with the potential to be a top level defensive midfielder. Perhaps he just doesn't suit our style of play and he doesn't feel entirely comfortable living in England. Sometimes the fit just isn't right. He'd suit a club and a league where he's just tasked with breaking up play, and not tasked with creating play.

If some sort of deal involving Torreira to Atletico and Partey to Arsenal were possible, that could be ideal for all involved. Although I wouldn't dismiss his Arsenal career just yet, Arteta might still be able to make it work for him.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
When you’re slow, weak, and short you’re in huge trouble in the pl. He would be caught out of position in games because Emery moronically told him to be a box to box midfielder
Again, if you use him correctly he can be one of the best, he has proved that many times. If you tell him to run from box to box, you are asking for trouble.

The problem is not Torreira or PL, it's how we use the player and that was often wrong.

I think that Torreira, Saka, and Pepe are our most effective players when played properly, but 2 of the 3 get massive unjustified criticism just because our managers have some different ideas that are failing almost every week.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
So laca and Torreira add too much strengths they must have full gym equipments at home.

I'm not for selling Torreira very quick he ball winning midfielder and we have nobody and every team needs at least one in thier squads

GDeep™

League is very weak
Big issue is that he’s crying for Italy, so he’s clearly unsettled and will look to leave soon anyway by not signing an extension or whatever.

I rather sell before we invest time to develop him, just get the money in now.

If next season he has a great season he’s still going to look at Italy or Spain, writing is on the wall.

LG10

Again, if you use him correctly he can be one of the best, he has proved that many times. If you tell him to run from box to box, you are asking for trouble.

The problem is not Torreira or PL, it's how we use the player and that was often wrong.

I think that Torreira, Saka, and Pepe are our most effective players when played properly, but 2 of the 3 get massive unjustified criticism just because our managers have some different ideas that are failing almost every week.
I agree you can build a midfield around him to mask his lack of physicality but not sure if it’s worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom