• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira: Garra Charrua

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I hope he's playing like this because of fatigue. Long world cup and no break here, as well as long journeys for internationals.

Is it just me or have we actually looked more open at 3ATB?? Our two central midfielders look isolated, they seem to always find themselves in bad situations with the opposing attackers running at them.

This 3412 formation is way too open. Too many gaps in midfield.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He was much better in a 4atb for some reason, the midfield right now is a barren wasteland. Its two idiots just being ran at by the other team.
They got overrun by mighty power of Jorginho and Kovacic. It's been like that for months, instead of having more bodies in midfield/attack, we've added one more clown to our defence. As if Sokratis and Kos is not bad enough already, we needed to go full * and put Monreal in the mix. Theory behind it is that more bodies would make it more secure, reality is having 2 idiots is always better than having 3 idiots.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
He isn't good enough because he has tiny legs. Simple as that! He can't keep up with any runners and he commits himself awkwardly to tackles and is just skipped past.

Sell for £35-40m.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Think torreira is more suited to a deeper role like he was playing earlier in the season, emery started playing him like he was Maradona or something, get back to basics.
Sarri move Kante whose form dipped but nobody made any excuses for Torreira when Emeey shifted him. He's been misused.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I like him,

I want him in the team but he should never be deployed so High up

There is no substitute for size and he leaves me wanting

It is maybe why I dont adhere to the constant shade throwing on Xhaka,,, atleast he is tall

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Torreira is tiny but he can run and is mobile, Xhaka is tall but can't run and has no mobility. We got short and stiff in midfield.

That is a false narrativ that goes on here

Just like the ad naseum wishes for small and technical. We have tried that for years, please try another approach...

Xhaka is not the most mobile nor fast, give him a big solid dm and a properly organized team and watch him shine

But he is not there for that.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
That is a false narrativ that goes on here

Just like the ad naseum wishes for small and technical. We have tried that for years, please try another approach...

Xhaka is not the most mobile nor fast, give him a big solid dm and a properly organized team and watch him shine

But he is not there for that.

Xhaka is Mertesacker levels of stiffness and almost as slow, I'd prefer 5'6 Kante over him. A lot of the best players in the league are under 5'9 I don't see whats wrong with small and technical, Guardiola built his legacy off them.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Xhaka is Mertesacker levels of stiffness and almost as slow, I'd prefer 5'6 Kante over him. A lot of the best players in the league are under 5'9 I don't see whats wrong with small and technical, Guardiola built his legacy off them.

And Mert wasnt hated like Xhaka is

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He gets ‘hmmm’ status from me, has good games has bad games but I’m yet to really form an opinion on him.

I like to think I have a decent eye for these things and the last player I felt this was about was that idiotic left wingback of ours.

Having said that I’ve seen Lucas have more good games than Kola and he’s still very young. Hope he kicks on but the threat of him being a Latin Coquelin is very real.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Also going forward let’s sign players who we at least know can compete physically before we even worry about their mental/technical attributes.

It’s like our club love an underdog story, they want everyone to be the ‘CB who didn’t need to be strong because he read the game well’ or the “midfielder who didn’t need to run because he was five steps ahead of everyone else”. Our team is full of guys who are strong but slow or fast but weak or just slow and weak! Even if he improves this will not be last time we see Torreira struggle because his little legs simply can’t keep up.

How about we just sign the CB who physically destroys Giroud yesterday or the CM who would have made Kovacic his little *****. That would make a nice change. :)

progman07

Established Member
Torreira was fine at the start of the season until we switched to a back 3, and he was expected to cover the spaces vacated by the wingbacks as well as the space in front of defence.
100% this. We do not have anyone in midfield (apart from Ramsey...) who can cover the spaces in front of our immobile 3-man defense. It is a structural problem, more than Torreira's fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My first ever football memory was Charlie George's double winning goal in 71. After that game; I just became an Arsenal fan.

Paul Davis

Latest posts

Top Bottom