• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira: Garra Charrua

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Torreira was fine at the start of the season until we switched to a back 3, and he was expected to cover the spaces vacated by the wingbacks as well as the space in front of defence.
100% this. We do not have anyone in midfield (apart from Ramsey...) who can cover the spaces in front of our immobile 3-man defense. It is a structural problem, more than Torreira's fault.

Right. Before it was how Torreira was "what we needed" after he made one or two tackles ... genuinely the Uruguayan Coquelin :lol:

Besides we've played with 4 at the back plenty of times in recent months and his performances have been subpar in those games as well.

progman07

Established Member
Right. Before it was how Torreira was "what we needed" after he made one or two tackles ... genuinely the Uruguayan Coquelin :lol:

Besides we've played with 4 at the back plenty of times in recent months and his performances have been subpar in those games as well.
I think he is simply tired. Maybe someone can bring up stats about his number of interceptions, distance covered, etc comparing the 1st and 2nd half of the season, and maybe I'm wrong and there is no decline though?

His game is all about stamina, and when he is burnt out he is always going to be less efficient.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Not a bad player at all, but shout out to the couple of the really committed posters in his transfer thread that convinced most of the forum that he was like a mix of Kante and Cazorla or the next Verratti :lol:

Should have known better when he signed for us, as if such a player would stoop to coming here.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Most important part comes at the end ;)

“get used to it as the years go by"

Even most English would probably agree with his points there :lol:

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
So errr Lucas sounds settled. :lol:
Normal feeling.

He's a young lad coming from a country that has better weather, a different culture and Italian is also quite similar to Spanish so he could probably learn it quite abit easier than English.

The pressure in England and intensity is also more. But the first year living abroad is always the most difficult. He will be better for it next year.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Well I take it you aren't supporting the move for Praet and Andersen then?

I don't know enough about them for certain, but yeah, sounds like they're of similar or even below of Torreira's level. Not particularly encouraging.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
This guy will come good, should have been a little less honest in that presser though o_O, but all those are valid points about England.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
If those Italian teams weren‘t dirt cheap, I‘d sell him on the spot. They seem to rate him as some kind of world class player.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
He needs to be given a chance. He came at 22 after a long season and world cup. The first few months he looked good along with Arsenal in general having a decent run.

Over time what is new and doesn't bother you in a new country becomes a problem. The food, the culture, the press, the people,the weather the list goes on. Combined with maybe a down turn in form and results of the team its obviously going to have an impact.

He has the potential to be a very good player he just needs a bit of time before the masses start writing him off.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
He needs to be given a chance. He came at 22 after a long season and world cup. The first few months he looked good along with Arsenal in general having a decent run.

Over time what is new and doesn't bother you in a new country becomes a problem. The food, the culture, the press, the people,the weather the list goes on. Combined with maybe a down turn in form and results of the team its obviously going to have an impact.

He has the potential to be a very good player he just needs a bit of time before the masses start writing him off.

Time? At Arsenal Mania? Sweet summer child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom