• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ludovic Giuly

jc8gooner

I would love it if we managed to get a player like Guily. Whether we need him or not is a different matter, but he is really good and would suit our style methinks.

JazzG

Established Member
The Mini said:
And where does he play?

On the right side of midfield or upfront.

Said ages ago that he is Wenger's type of player, he has pace, decent vision and a good shot. Has been outstanding for Monaco this season. He kinda reminds me or Marc Overmars with the way he plays, almost like an inside winger the way he plays.

Also with one year on his contract and Monaco in big financial trouble we could get him cheap. Lets hope they knock Chelsea out and lose in the final :p

Mark

Established Member
I'd really like us to get him. Either him or Malbranque to add more to our right hand side. Hopefully Wenger is interested in one of them.

dsurg

He would be very welcome at the arsenal and he'd make Freddie step up if his game if he is going to keep guily out of the side...I always thot he was 30 and dat was y AW wasnt interested in him, but he is 27 and may be available, the guy exudes class and confidence and wont be out of place at the arsenal...he'd be followin this link all summer. He's definitely better than freddie and can play across the midfield.

patrick42uk

Established Member
what a signing he would be! wenger talked about the right mix of youth and experience, he would offer experience. his contract expires next year, so he would come cheap. he has undoubted ability, but what impresses me most about him is his fighting spirit which is very suited to the premiership. his attitude when monaco went down to ten men v chelsea was exemplenary and inspirational. he just didnt stop running (playing as a lone striker). he has everything you would require in a arsenal player, great pace and skill. i hope it happens. he offers the running of ljungberg with him being far technically superior. giuly on our right side would definately be progress.

The Mini

The only problem is that he is marginally older then Freddie, and mean we'd need to worry about a replacement a little sooner.

A

Anonymous

too many strikers in the squad.

they be like chelsea and arguing to play,

henry, reyes, VP & Bergie, Ali etc

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Giuly would be a great replacement for Fredrik Ljungberg. Giuly has pace, trickery and an eye for goal and even though he isn't big I feel he would be suited to the style of the Premiership. He's going to be a target for a number of big clubs, especially if he is available for a knock-down price.

D.Dappa

very good player, but dont think it will happen, as Freddie will NOT be leaving.........but you never know, maybe this was the 'gem' we was promised..??

Holla bak

Ak

A super player, had a great game against chelsea.

IF we sign him, he would definatly play primerily as a rightmidfielder, as wev already gt a striker, and that would mean freddie could challenge pires for the left midfield spot, with pennant as backup on the right, then freddie (n van persie), if we need them.

however, how much would he be?
i know he's on the last year, but monaco aint silly. n everyone knows we dont have too much cash.

Stim

Guily as a RM would be fantastic. Freddie is out a lot each season so they would both get games. But i'm sure many clubs will be after him because of his CL showings.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Hope we do. Would add quality to an already world class team. The only reason he doesn't play for France a lot, is because Zidane is in th way.

dynasty

i dont think he will be that expensive..as hes in the last year...
and if he really wants 2 come..why not??

The Mini

Why not, we have Freddie for the right and many people already for the forward position. If he can play in the middle or behind the forwards then yes.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom