• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Luis Jiménez

Legend#1

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?HLID=393515&CPID=8&title=Gunners+linked+with+Chile+ace&lid=&channel=worldcup2006&f=rss&clid=3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?HLID ... rss&clid=3</a>

Never heard of him, but reports in Italy suggest we will bid.

Florida Gooner

Fiorentina was on TV more than a few times this past season, but I don't ever remember seeing him play. I'm sure Mostarac will have a bit to say about him, though.

Toker

At 22 he can improve. He is already a international.
Technically is he good, doubts will be can he handle the pace of EPL.
Worth a punt at the right price (£5-6M) in IMO.

Mostarac

Established Member
Excellent player technically, no doubt about it. He was one of the reasons for Fiorentina taking that 4th place after coming to Florence from Ternana in January. He is also very fast, and scores some goals aswell. At times, the ball seems glued to his feet actually. Watched him play against Sweden recently, and even though Valdivia was better, he showed some excellent technical abilities(dribbled the ball through the feet of a Swede aswell) and showed that he likes to play fast football. Doubt that Fiorentina will let him go, Ternana might sell their 50% to them for just £2 million.

Viper

Established Member
Mostarac said:
Excellent player technically, no doubt about it. He was one of the reasons for Fiorentina taking that 4th place after coming to Florence from Ternana in January. He is also very fast, and scores some goals aswell. At times, the ball seems glued to his feet actually. Watched him play against Sweden recently, and even though Valdivia was better, he showed some excellent technical abilities(dribbled the ball through the feet of a Swede aswell) and showed that he likes to play fast football. Doubt that Fiorentina will let him go, Ternana might sell their 50% to them for just £2 million.
He sounds like a good player.

Unlikely to be work permit problems as he's a full international. I don't think Fiorentina own a 50% stake, he was just on loan because he didn't want to stay at Ternana. If they do have a 50% stake, it won't make a difference as we're a club outside of Italy, meaning we either have to own all of the player or none of him. The player sharing is only allowed within the Italian league, can't remember why.

Mostarac

Established Member
If Fiorentina(like they do) own 50% of Jimenez, it is impossible for Arsenal to own 100% of him unless both Ternana and Fiorentina agree to it.

Channel4.com said:
The two players are currently in co-ownership deals with the Viola, as 50 per cent of Pasqual’s contract belongs to Arezzo and the same situation is in place with Ternana for Jimenez.

Mostarac

Established Member
I have seen both play, and I would take Jimenez over Gonzalez any day. Jimenez is better technically and can create much more for himself and others than Gonzalez is capable of. Gonzalez is much faster than Jimenez, but then they play in different positions. Jimenez is probably a bit more effective when it comes to goals compared to Gonzalez.

Rouski

Jimenez looks like a talented player and we are being linked with alot of attacking players Jimenez, Menez, Gavilan, Chihi but still not sure that Wenger wants any more attacking players this summer... :whistling

RC8

Established Member
Arsenal are linked to the Chilean playmaker Luis Jimenes. As a Chilean I can tell you this guy has looked class when I've seen him play for the national team, he plays the Fabregas' role but scores many goals.

In Chile you'll even find people who qualify him as the "Chilean Fabregas", as he has a very good eye for the final through ball. I personally be really happy if he went to Arsenal; he could be used as a good squad player and replace Fabregas when he needs a rest, as well as play as a free mid in our 4-5-1.

Unlike Fab, he is excellent in the air, and the goals he scores are usually from outside the box. If you ask me I would sign him definetely. BTW, he's very young too.

Artillero

RC8 said:
Arsenal are linked to the Chilean playmaker Luis Jimenes. As a Chilean I can tell you this guy has looked class when I've seen him play for the national team, he plays the Fabregas' role but scores many goals.

In Chile you'll even find people who qualify him as the "Chilean Fabregas", as he has a very good eye for the final through ball. I personally be really happy if he went to Arsenal; he could be used as a good squad player and replace Fabregas when he needs a rest, as well as play as a free mid in our 4-5-1.

Unlike Fab, he is excellent in the air, and the goals he scores are usually from outside the box. If you ask me I would sign him definetely. BTW, he's very young too.

Would a work permit be an issue like Liverpool with Gonzarles

RC8

Established Member
I don't think so, since he's been in Europe for some time now, and he's also played quite a lot in the national team. Marc Gonzales was snapped directly from a Chilean team, when he had played only 3 or 4 games with the national team.

longrufus

Established Member
Work Permit would not be a problem. Certain criteria must be met to get a work permit. The reason Liverpool had trouble with Gonzalez was down to Chile's position on the Fifa world rankings. I think the cut off point is 70th, below which, any international who has played regular for their country can gain a work permit. At the time however, Chile were 72nd if memory serves me right, and thus created a work permit problem. Rick Parry has come out recently and stated that they are again applying for a permit, and expect to get it (as Chile have dropped below 70th).
Hope that helped.

Saville

Mostarac said:
I have seen both play, and I would take Jimenez over Gonzalez any day. Jimenez is better technically and can create much more for himself and others than Gonzalez is capable of. Gonzalez is much faster than Jimenez, but then they play in different positions. Jimenez is probably a bit more effective when it comes to goals compared to Gonzalez.

mate do you live in Italy by any chance, you seem to know ya stuff about Italy

Mostarac

Established Member
Saville said:
mate do you live in Italy by any chance, you seem to know ya stuff about Italy

No, but I live very close to Italy. I live in the "Italian part" of Switzerland in Bellinzona, and I have family in Milano aswell.

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom