• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Luis Jiménez

Mostarac

Established Member
Probably around £6 million. Fiorentina are offering £2 million to Ternana for their 50% of Jimenez.

kwg

sounds like a good player. how much will he be worth.
does anyone know for sure?

EDIT:sorry posted same time as above

RC8

Established Member
I got some new unnoficial information from a Chilean newspaper.

Supposedly Arsène Wenger sent scouts to watch the Ivorian players in their friendly against Chile, but the scouts ended up more impressed with Jimenez than anyone else. As other Arsenal scouts in Italy had seen Jimenez before in Fiorentina and had recommended him to Wenger, the scouts at the Ivory coast game recorded some tapes and sent them to Arsène.

RC8

Established Member
Arsenal_Soldier said:
How much would he cost?

and by the way, is it pronounced yimineth?

Nope.... It is pronounced Him-eh-nes(like on nest but without the "t").

Wisp

Yeah i've seen him play a few times and i agree, he is very good. i Think he would adapt well to the premiership aswell as he is fast, good technically and a good passer. Work permit is :D but...
he will probably cost up to 10 million as fiorentina would probably want alot for him (7-8 mil i would say).

Mostarac

Established Member
If Fiorentina get Ternana`s 50% of him, we can forget about Jimenez. Prandelli will want to keep him, especially since he will be playing in Fiore`s role next season.

RC8

Established Member
Wow! Mostarac. why do you have Tito in your avatar, are you a supporter of his regime? I personally thougth of him as a great leader, but since I've never been to Yugoslavia (or whatever its regions are called today) my judgement is not as valid as yours.

Back to football, I don't think Fiorentina owns Jimenez, I think he is just on loan.

Mostarac

Established Member
RC8 said:
Wow! Mostarac. why do you have Tito in your avatar, are you a supporter of his regime? I personally thougth of him as a great leader, but since I've never been to Yugoslavia (or whatever its regions are called today) my judgement is not as valid as yours.
Back to football, I don't think Fiorentina owns Jimenez, I think he is just on loan.

Yes, Tito is a great idol to me. One of the greatest men ever if you ask me. Anyway, I think Fiorentina only own 50% of Jimenez, Ternana own the other 50% of him.

kooldawg

Established Member
Tito was also quite the playboy :p

Back to the topic, i wouldn't mind if Arsène signed Jimenez, not sure where he would be placed though.

RC8

Established Member
kooldawg said:
Tito was also quite the playboy :p

Back to the topic, i wouldn't mind if Arsène signed Jimenez, not sure where he would be placed though.

As a replacement if Fabregas gets tired... Basically a squad player.

RC8

Established Member
Just heard on TV that Ternana owns 100% of Jimenez, and as they were relegated to serie C, they will definitely sell him.

Mostarac

Established Member
That might be true, but Pantaleo Corvino(Fiorentina`s director) said earlier that they own 50% of him actually.

AFCFan4Ever

Either way, I think he'll end up at Arsenal...it doesn't seem like Dortmund are willing to do business for Sahin so Jimenez could be the back up plan and a very good one at that. It wouldn't bother me at all to see us buy him, he's def. very talented.

Mostarac

Established Member
If Fiorentina own 50% of him as they say, then he will not end up at Arsenal, that is for sure. That is unless Arsenal pays both Fiorentina and Ternana.

longrufus

Established Member
Mostarac said:
If Fiorentina own 50% of him as they say, then he will not end up at Arsenal, that is for sure. That is unless Arsenal pays both Fiorentina and Ternana.

Arsenal must not see this as an issue, otherwise we wouldnt even be looking at him as an option. Thats if we're actually interested.

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom