• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

@El Duderino do you know much about Gallardo?

Consistently see him painted as a genius in podcasts and by the Athletic. Most successful manager in River Plate’s history apparently.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Was linked with some good jobs last summer.

There’s been loads of hype about him in Spain and apparently he’s turned down both Real and Barca.

Might be a big jump coming to England but it’s unusual for coaches to stay so long in Argentina.

Only other guy I could think of is Coudet. Took over Celta when they were nailed on for the drop and now has them in 6th.

Think they’ve scored the most and conceded the most since he’s took over so he’s a bit like a young Bielsa. He had success in South America apparently and give him another year and he might be the guy.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
There’s been loads of hype about him in Spain and apparently he’s turned down both Real and Barca.

Might be a big jump coming to England but it’s unusual for coaches to stay so long in Argentina.

Only other guy I could think of is Coudet. Took over Celta when they were nailed on for the drop and now has them in 6th.

Think they’ve scored the most and conceded the most since he’s took over so he’s a bit like a young Bielsa. He had success in South America apparently and give him another year and he might be the guy.
Im still into Sarri he done well since Napoli i have no idea why Chelsea sack him after europa trophy and top 4 finish. Juve and Napoli both got worse when he left.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
i have no idea why Chelsea sack him after europa trophy and top 4 finish.
The fans hated his style of play. Think he wasn't rated in the dressing room either, even Rob Green had a go at him:
Green recognised the crisis summit arranged in the wake of that defeat to City would have little impact if he did not speak out. Having failed to make a single Premier League appearance for the Blues to that point, Green decided he was the man to spell out the problems which were contributing to Chelsea's disappointing run of form.

“The lads put their hands up and said, ‘We care a lot’ but they spoke without saying very much,” Green revealed to The Athletic. “I was thinking to myself, ‘I can’t have this’.

“I turned to Sarri and said, ‘Look, you are in a really difficult position and I understand that because there is stuff going on at this club that I can see, you can see and no one on the outside can see, so I get you’ but all the while I was thinking, ‘I’m going to give him both barrels in a minute’. "

I just spelled it out. I told him, ‘You have no plan B. You’re a transactional kind of manager. The players in the group are not the kind to speak to you like this — they care very much but are scared to say something to you, like I am. I don’t care because what are you going to do — drop me!?’

“I spoke for 15 minutes. A lot of players said afterwards that they enjoyed me saying that: ‘You said what I wanted to say but I couldn’t say it’. Obviously, if they had, it could have affected their place in the team or their future at the club.

“Two of the assistant coaches, Gianfranco Zola and Carlo Cudicini, said something along the lines of, ‘That was brilliant. We’ve been trying but we are in a compromised position as well in that it is a very hierarchical style and there isn’t a lot of feedback coming in return’.

“How did Sarri take it? We were all walking out of the room at the end and he was standing at the door. I was thinking, ‘Oh f***, I’m dead’ but he shook my hand and said, ‘Thank you, that’s the first time anyone has made me think at a meeting’. The thing is, it didn’t change anything.”

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I’d have no probs with Henry if he actually learned the job somewhere like real managers do. This route straight to the top these former players are doing is no good.

People think it’s coincidence Moyes is competing for top 4 it’s not, it’s more that he’s against a bunch of iPad managers.

Henry is a genuine Arsenal legend though so if he got the job you’d see me turn into DT.

If I could pick one former Arsenal player to comeback as a manager and win the league here, it would be Vieira...that would just feel so right.

Though as you say, would prefer them to build up to us...also don't think our club is in a good place for either atm :lol:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Anyone think Henry is absolutely boring in interviews? Just waffles.

No joke, I want to switch them off but force myself to watch because he’s our legend. Sat though 1 hour 20 minute podcast with Robbie Fowler with him.

In his recent interview though he keeps stressing the way you treat players has changed, you can’t shout, attack, be aggressive with the new kids or they won’t play for you, if you drop them you have to explain why in a nice way etc, in the old days you wouldn’t have got an explanation because you yourself would have known why you’re dropped.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

No joke, I want to switch them off but force myself to watch because he’s our legend. Sat though 1 hour 20 minute podcast with Robbie Fowler with him.

In his recent interview though he keeps stressing the way you treat players has changed, you can’t shout, attack, be aggressive with the new kids or they won’t play for you, if you drop them you have to explain why in a nice way etc, in the old days you wouldn’t have got an explanation because you yourself would have known why you’re dropped.
Saw a video one of his games in MLS he always shouting at his players to what to do on pitch he never gives them freedom to express themselves.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

That's why we need Graham Potter, man would be driving the team in his volvo estate to Thetford Forest Go Ape for a team bonding sesh, with a nice stop-off at Maccy D's on the way home ("go easy on the nuggets, lads, they're on me").

mirrorstare

Vieira would work too, he's also bald and legendary and has experience. I can see him achieving a 43% win rate at least.

Even Mr Black managers matter would do the trick really.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League

I think Henry comes across as angry and easily frustrated because I genuinely believe he thinks every footballer should be able to do what he was able to do. I don't think Henry realises how special he was and it's frustrating because most people he coaches would never get to his level. It's like a theoretical physicist trying to teach quantum mechanics to a 6 year old and getting angry with the child because they don't know what calculus is.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Untitled.jpg

Found it strange seeing Tuchel as 3rd favourite, but his Chelsea contract expires in 15 months so maybe not that outlandish...

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season
Top Bottom